Thread: Removing Text?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Removing Text?

When joining a game or a new round starting the Map name would show up in the middle of the screen for a few seconds. It seems to be getting in the way for me sometimes and was wondering if there was a way to remove it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I find this to be very true XD cant tell you how many times I've lost a snipe kill due to the damn round messages.

But if you really want to remove the text then you should look into .rez modding/editing. I think that HUD message is actually an image (correct me if I'm wrong). Alas all you would need to do is crack open the corresponding UI_* .rez file, navigate to whatever .DTX that particular HUD image is and edit ti to be transparent. Reinject and your golden!

--EDIT--

You can find .rez modding tutorials in the .rez modding tutorial section here.
    Some of the tutorials are outdated but should still provide you with the basic knowledge and tools needed for .rez modding.

--ReEdit--

Alright now I feel kinda stupid :3 I reread your post, the message you see at the start of the match with the map name is probably part of the code itself and NOT a .dtx For that I am unable to help, I work on .rez mods and not the code

PS: However, I did do some .rez extracting and found the "Round Start" image (The one for fireteam) in UI_HUD_MESSAGE\EFFECT\ROUNDSTART.DTX
    Last edited by Renamon Toast Crunch; 12-09-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Adding links
    There is no right and wrong. There's only fun and boring.
    Click HERE to join the official MPGH TS3 Server

Currently learning: Lua, C++ and BASH scripting.

I made a group, Join Linux Users if your on Linux!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renamon Toast Crunch For This Useful Post:

Thyme (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Haha yea I know exactly what you are talking about those snipe kills xD but eh I don't know much about this .rez editing so, i'll just leave it as is if there really isn't any solution anyone can come up with. Thanks for your insight