Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

JevaEngine -- A glimpse of what I've been working on.

The engine is actually written in Java. There are several reasons for this, and I'll state them before being questioned about it.
    1. programming my anti-hack driver was making me insane, I needed a break from anything C\C++ related.
    2. We're taking some classes on it in school, so I'd thought I'd review a bit of it.
    3. Portability(not a big one, not like I give a shit about you mac users)
    4. There isn't much of a need to write a graphics engine, the game is simple enough that it won't require much processing by the host computer.

Essentially, I've setup a server that queries information about accounts from an Sql database(whether they exist, their permissions, banned or not, etc..). Most of the networking is setup(chatting system, player movement), I still need to sync the player movement. There's also some small and rare glitches with the rendering which need to be fixed. You guys might want to look into it next(or next next) week, maybe the week after. I'll be holding some map\object making contests if you're interested(nothing to win though D: ) I plan to keep this closed source because I may be able to use it for future projects in school.

I'll show you the map, the reason it has no surrounding interface is because I've coppied the game and the mapping part over to another project so I can test the mapping system without having to start the server and login. You don't want to see the interface anyway, it's ugly as hell atm, just colored rectangles\squares. I did all the crappy graphics myself, my brother says they don't look too bad, so do I, but hell, you people see graphics in a completely different way then I.

Btw: Ignore the blue dot, that's a marker to check if my screen to world methods are working.

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    The engine is actually written in Java. There are several reasons for this, and I'll state them before being questioned about it.
    1. programming my anti-hack driver was making me insane, I needed a break from anything C\C++ related.
    2. We're taking some classes on it in school, so I'd thought I'd review a bit of it.
    3. Portability(not a big one, not like I give a shit about you mac users)
    4. There isn't much of a need to write a graphics engine, the game is simple enough that it won't require much processing by the host computer.

Essentially, I've setup a server that queries information about accounts from an Sql database(whether they exist, their permissions, banned or not, etc..). Most of the networking is setup(chatting system, player movement), I still need to sync the player movement. There's also some small and rare glitches with the rendering which need to be fixed. You guys might want to look into it next(or next next) week, maybe the week after. I'll be holding some map\object making contests if you're interested(nothing to win though D: ) I plan to keep this closed source because I may be able to use it for future projects in school.

I'll show you the map, the reason it has no surrounding interface is because I've coppied the game and the mapping part over to another project so I can test the mapping system without having to start the server and login. You don't want to see the interface anyway, it's ugly as hell atm, just colored rectangles\squares. I did all the crappy graphics myself, my brother says they don't look too bad, so do I, but hell, you people see graphics in a completely different way then I.

Btw: Ignore the blue dot, that's a marker to check if my screen to world methods are working.

ummmm kool? so is it guna be a game? or what cuz if it is lol id rather play runescape lol no offence

Edit: if its your first time doing java then its great but if its not then you suck lol no offence
    [IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/theexploited1sig.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/signature-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [X] Get Called Hacker While Ligit
    [X] Get Banned 1 Time For Hacking
    [X] Get Banned 5 Times For Hacking
    [X] Get Banned 10 Times For Hacking
    [X] Get Banned 1 Time While Not Hacking...(dont know how it happened (F*ck you warrock))
    [X] 1 Post
    [X] 5 Posts
    [X] 10 Posts
    [X] 20 Posts
    [X] 30 Posts
    [X] 50 Posts
    [X] 75 Posts
    [X] 100 Posts
    [X] 125 posts
    [X] 150 posts
    [X] 200 posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thank ME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Yes it's going to be a game. And you haven't played it, all you've seen is a poorly decorated map(because I haven't written a map maker yet, and it has to be done manually via text editor).

And obviously you've never written a game -- or anything to be frank to say that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Yes it's going to be a game. And you haven't played it, all you've seen is a poorly decorated map(because I haven't written a map maker yet, and it has to be done manually via text editor)
    yeah i know lol im just giving you a hard time lol it look good lol
    [IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/theexploited1sig.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i656.photobucke*****m/albums/uu290/theexploited1/signature-1.jpg[/IMG]
    [X] Get Banned 1 Time While Not Hacking...(dont know how it happened (F*ck you warrock))
    [X] 1 Post
    [X] 5 Posts
    [X] 10 Posts
    [X] 20 Posts
    [X] 30 Posts
    [X] 50 Posts
    [X] 75 Posts
    [X] 100 Posts
    [X] 125 posts
    [X] 150 posts
    [X] 200 posts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    jeta i can go in closed beta rite?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Yes it's going to be a game. And you haven't played it, all you've seen is a poorly decorated map(because I haven't written a map maker yet, and it has to be done manually via text editor).

And obviously you've never written a game -- or anything to be frank to say that.
    accualy i did write a java script game it turned out good but before i could put it on blast for open bata my hard drive died so yeah.... never written one sence lol
    [X] 1 Post
    [X] 5 Posts
    [X] 10 Posts
    [X] 20 Posts
    [X] 30 Posts
    [X] 50 Posts
    [X] 75 Posts
    [X] 100 Posts
    [X] 125 posts
    [X] 150 posts
    [X] 200 posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theexploited1 View Post
    ummmm kool? so is it guna be a game? or what cuz if it is lol id rather play runescape lol no offence
    -agreed

-runs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Sijla, all of MPGH can, it still has a bit of work that needs to be done on it. Like player equip system(although I already have that half way considering the point system is already integrated). Also needs a hella more map objects. Maybe in the next week or so.

Thanks
    Damn..
    All ive used when it comes to game making is.. Eclipse, Crystal space, Blender, and flash..
    Nice work as always Jeta..
    I look forward to hearing more..
    Keep up the good work.
    ^-^

Thanks
    Make Czar help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    iHolyElement, theexploited1, Jagax is probably a group of several programmers -- professional programmers probably two times my age with a lot more money then I. It's not a fair comparison.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    Make Czar help.
    Other then the fact i'm a novice at java thats a great idea.
    ... I could only help with gfx..

Thanks
    iHolyElement, theexploited1, Jagax is probably a group of several programmers -- professional programmers probably two times my age with a lot more money then I. It's not a fair comparison.
    Runescape will be compition, im just saying. Runescape is more... advanced?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    lol dude did you see what i typed?!?!?!?! i said i was just f*cking!!! with !!!! you!!! lol it looks good lol stop getting heated lol
    [X] 1 Post
    [X] 5 Posts
    [X] 10 Posts
    [X] 20 Posts
    [X] 30 Posts
    [X] 50 Posts
    [X] 75 Posts
    [X] 100 Posts
    [X] 125 posts
    [X] 150 posts
    [X] 200 posts