Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Angry Aartemis Rumors and Jabberwo0ck

IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA READ THE WHOLE THREAD, DON'T BOTHER STARTING. NOT ONLY WILL YOU PROBABLY BE CONFUSED, BUT YOU'LL HAVE INACCURATE INFORMATION.
    Jabber is an amazing coder/programmer and contributor to the community. Do not let a few ignorant n00bs tarnish the reputation that he's built up over the years.

I've noticed a recent rumor going around that goes as such:

@Jabberwo0ck released a hack recently, (either 'Co-op Helper' [https://www.mpgh.net/forum/201-allian...p-helper.html] or 'Co-op Helper +Box farm' [https://www.mpgh.net/forum/201-allian...box-farm.html], has yet to be specified) that SUPPOSEDLY contains a trojan horse virus called 'Aartemis,' also sometimes referred to as 'Aartemis.com.' This particular trojan can hijack your computer, rendering you defenseless. It can steal your accounts, etc.

While Aartemis is a very real virus, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that Jabber, such a great hacker and esteemed member of MPGH would do something like this. Personally, I used both hacks, and they worked amazingly. (Maybe not as good as the old DV:E hacks, but I'll take what I can get, especially if it's free!) I scanned both of his files with multiple anti-virus programs, and none showed any threats, which was odd, because most hacks will give false positives. They also registered fine on the online scanners (Jotti and virustotal).
    The point of this thread is to dispel any and all rumors that surround this topic.
    @ChaosEmperor claims he was hacked by the Aartemis virus and is begging "GM's" to ban his account.
    This is the recent thread he started. Read the whole thing: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/201-allian...ple-macro.html
    Exhibit A:

@kaplilg is the person that pinned the blame on Jabber.
    (That's from the same thread titled 'Simple Macro.')
    More:

(The above three images are from: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/283-allian...-inquirey.html)

And in response to this question:
    Quote Originally Posted by kaplilg View Post
    Want me to post a video on youtube and send it to you?
    Yes. Post it here. And while you're at it, use at least 5 different scanners to prove it's not a false positive.

*This may or may not be in the wrong section. Because this isn't a scamming accusation or proof, I'm not posting it in the Scammers' Grave. I'm posting it here because it deeply involves the AVA MPGH Forum.*

Jabber's freaking awesome, and I won't believe anything bad you say about him until you provide solid evidence.

Also, it won't let me tag him, but I hope he sees this thread. I'd like him to respond, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman32 View Post
    Stop begging, it's just annoying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Sup. File seems pretty safe. Not really virus like.

That guy did get hacked though. Or he's being stupid and using a VPN. It was a German IP. Doesn't belong to any MPGH Member, so I'm pretty sure it didn't come from here. He just fucked up.

End of story.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

kaplilg (01-06-2014),oXParadoxXo (01-06-2014)