Thread: bugtrap.dll

Thanks

Question bugtrap.dll

hi.
    i just installed crossfire after a long time and when i start it, it just gives me the bugtrap.dll error and i also tried replacing it. then it gives me crossfire.exe and when i replace both.. gives me bugtrap again.. i am so fed up with this problem pleaase help me i really want to play it again.
    +i didnot used any hack EVER and this is the first time im installing it after resintallin windows. pleeeeaasee help.
    thankyou

Thanks
    @syed2121 upload some screenshots of the errors, so I can try to help you...

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    untitled.bmp  

untitled2.bmp  

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    untitled3.bmp  

Thanks
    Try un-installing, deleting manually any remaining file from CF directory and re-installing. Otherwise download the installer again, and do the same process.
    File is changed: W[2007]L[0] (file) occours when a CF file has been corrupted, when you let CF update after there were available 3+ new patches, when you use an outdated installer (3+ patches outdated) or when you use or have installed a certain detected hack that provokes it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Athos For This Useful Post:

syed2121 (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    i reinstalled it completely and i also dont have the antivirus.. do you think a virus corrupted it? if yes then please do suggest me a light and quick on to scan it.
    thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syed2121 View Post
    i reinstalled it completely and i also dont have the antivirus.. do you think a virus corrupted it? if yes then please do suggest me a light and quick on to scan it.
    thanks
    A hack may corrupt CF files, specially if it's detected/patched. Other option is that someone gave you something specific and on the sly to corrupt your CF files, wich is hard to occour but possible.

I recommend you to download an updated installer (if you didn't it already) and try the same process:
    Quote Originally Posted by dani883345
    Try un-installing, deleting manually any remaining file from CF directory and re-installing.
    CF directory is usually in (local disk)/Program Files/Z8Games/CrossFire. A "directory" or "location" is where (wich folder) something is installed, that contains all or the most part of the files related to.

Also take note:

Quote Originally Posted by dani883345
    (...)NEVER use a computer for gaming purposes without an anti-virus. The best anti-virus in my opinion is Eset Nod 32, It has a friendly hud, an excelent real-time protection (even from internet: connections and known bad sites), a smart virus data base, and tells you about updates needed for your pc. It also can be configured for being automatic or owner permission on simple messages, lets you choose on various options when catches a virus (desinfect/quarentine/delete). You can use a trial version, buy it, or use licences wich people uploads to internet (if you are interested, tell my and I'll give you a web site via PM).