Quote Originally Posted by why06jz View Post
    C or C++, but since C++ teaches you both... yeh go learn C++
    Alright, thank ya very much for the posts and help! :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yup I just posted a blurb about C&C++ here

I'd say learn C++ first, but read maybe the first few chapters of an ASM
    book/tutorial so you know what's going on behind the scenes with registers etc.

Straight up ASM without any other programming experience is often 'too much' for a lot of people because of how low level it is, while if you have something to compare & relate it to in regards to concepts etc it becomes a lot easier.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    Yup I just posted a blurb about C&C++ here

I'd say learn C++ first, but read maybe the first few chapters of an ASM
    book/tutorial so you know what's going on behind the scenes with registers etc.

Straight up ASM without any other programming experience is often 'too much' for a lot of people because of how low level it is, while if you have something to compare & relate it to in regards to concepts etc it becomes a lot easier.
    I've started with C, so far I've done the I like turtles script. ( The original Hello World! script) I have no idea why I did I like turtles but yeah. o_o
    I have a pretty old book that's about C so I'm reading it.

The book is by Sam A. Abolorus, the title is "Learn C In Three Days"
    Although I know it may be rushed and such, but I don't expect to learn it within 3 days. Because, you can learn anything in a short amount of time, but applying it to other things, takes a while so yeah.

After I'm done readin this book I have downloaded some eBooks, such as C++ Primer Plus, which I might consider reading afterwards. :P

Thanks
    Perhaps... you like turtles o_O.

About the book:
    Yeh that seems like a good book to get you off to a running start. I heard it is pretty rough-cut and doesn't spend a lot of time explaining things, but it should get you used to the idea. I see you've already got a lot of stuff planned out, that's great. I wish half the people who start out learning C++, would come at it with your attitude.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Perhaps... you like turtles o_O.

About the book:
    Yeh that seems like a good book to get you off to a running start. I heard it is pretty rough-cut and doesn't spend a lot of time explaining things, but it should get you used to the idea. I see you've already got a lot of stuff planned out, that's great. I wish half the people who start out learning C++, would come at it with your attitude.
    XD, Yeah maybe I do like turtles.

As for the book, the tutorial on Cplusplus.com is pretty much the same thing. I don't however understand Declaring Variables in that book because it's outdated so MS Visual C++ doesn't recogonize some of the scripts so I'm gonna try to learn that from another source.

However, thanks. xD Even though learning it takes a while, might make me longer. School is getting in the way. >: I hate pre-calculus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crushed View Post
    XD, Yeah maybe I do like turtles.

As for the book, the tutorial on Cplusplus.com is pretty much the same thing. I don't however understand Declaring Variables in that book because it's outdated so MS Visual C++ doesn't recogonize some of the scripts so I'm gonna try to learn that from another source.

However, thanks. xD Even though learning it takes a while, might make me longer. School is getting in the way. >: I hate pre-calculus.
    Calculus here. -__-

Try this: Dev-C++

I think it's a good compiler to start with. A lot of the other guys disagree, but I like it because it is simple. You don't really need all the crap VS offers when your just starting off and learning the basics.

Also try posting some of your code in the C++ section. The book might be outdated, but we would need to see the code to tell.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Calculus here. -__-

Try this: Dev-C++

I think it's a good compiler to start with. A lot of the other guys disagree, but I like it because it is simple. You don't really need all the crap VS offers when your just starting off and learning the basics.

Also try posting some of your code in the C++ section. The book might be outdated, but we would need to see the code to tell.
    Alright, I'll try Dev's compiler later. :P
    Currently doing bio notes. lolol, and sure. I'll post the codes sometime later tonight. Pre-Cal>Calculus...trig ftl. >_>

Thanks
    25 chapters Is all that needed to find adresses and make a bypass?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooYa View Post
    25 chapters Is all that needed to find adresses and make a bypass?
    Oh ofcourse not. Understanding assembly is merely the first part. Once you get used to coding in assembly you will be able to recognize patterns in ASM. The next step is Reverse Engineering.

Also it may not be neccessary to read every chapter in the whole damn book. Most college semester courses only go up to chapter 13. Personally I plan to get to about Chapter 13 and right out all the sample progs along the way. Then I should start doing some simple reversing. You know compile some little easy programs in C++ and change little things about them. Then I would move to reversing games, but I'm not sure what kind of potholes I might run into along the way. Most games have defenses for this kind of stuff. My main goal is just to make a bypass. Any other hack I can create is topping on the cake. Once you have a good bypass you can do whatever you want, even use CE which makes hacking a lot easier. The way I look at it, whats the point of creating this really cool D3d hack if it gets patched and you don't have a bypass to make it work.

Thanks
    This is something you can read through before u start learning ASM, so u can understand how it works and what it's used for:

The Ethical Hacker Network - Intro to Reverse Engineering - No Assembly Required

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BooYa For This Useful Post:

why06 (10-10-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Nice link. Booya.

I just recently removed a lot of the reversing materials I had included in this thread. I was planning on creating another sticky with a ton of materials for reverse Engineering that I have accumulated over time. I will include your link in there as well if you don't mind.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Nice link. Booya.

I just recently removed a lot of the reversing materials I had included in this thread. I was planning on creating another sticky with a ton of materials for reverse Engineering that I have accumulated over time. I will include your link in there as well if you don't mind.
    Ofcourse i don't mind, why did u think i posted it here

Thanks
    Hmm i have a question.. what ways are there to get adresses? Do i have to use cheat engine / mhs or can i also find them by opening the game with ollydbg?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    lol. Well you named all of them just then. opening with Olly is more difficult and cryptic, but if you know what your doing you can find out everything about how the game works. I would use Mhs or CE, they even have assemblers included in them. You just have to get it so PB or HS don't detect your cheat engine.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast