Thread: Gigantomakhia

Thanks

Gigantomakhia

So what do you guys think about Kentaro's new work? I think it's pretty good so far, interesting set of characters that's for sure. I always had a feeling that Kentaro was actually a lolicon, I believe this manga confirms it. Still it would be nice for that elusive 334...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It's an odd thing this one.

It's not badly drawn, but not on the berserk level at all.
    The story is so similar to berserk it could almost be connected.
    The loli-factor isn't surprising, just disappointing.. Sure I enjoyed the mage in berserk, but Kentaro has made 2 of his last 3 characters naked loli's. Bit much.

I dunno, I don't see how this is worth putting off berserk due to this having a relatively poor storyline laid out. The art is nice but even with both of these chapters I wouldn't trade it for half a berserk one.

It really just seems like kentaro doesn't want to finish Berserk and is doing anything he can to put off working on it. I mean this is his second manga since 1990, since berserk, to not finish a 20 year long series(longer than 99% of any manga currently) seems like a waste.
    -------------------------------------------

That being said I'll still read this, just dissapointed that this is going to take up berserk time and that berserk will most likely never end.
    (there is only a few people who actually use his art-style, most go for the lazy shonen right now. Kentaro is successful so he doesn't do the "contract" thing anymore, more or less just does whatever the fuck he wants. Its nice that he's well off, but at the same time it's painful to wait years and years for nothing as a fan).

Berserk is scheduled to resume after febuary, but that's rather...iffy at best. HxH's author went on "hiatus" a two years ago.
    Last edited by Empire; 01-19-2014 at 02:24 AM.