Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Worked Myself Into A Bit of a Situation...

The following is a semi long post, Please bear with me and try your best to give me positive advice on the matter, And note that there is no TLR. Thanks for those of you who read to the end. The other day, By a park I normally hang out with my friends at that my friend lives rather close to, I found an HTC One phone, I was planning to turn it into the police station, before checking the android account and a few other areas (facebook, email, etc.) to see if it belonged to anyone I knew, I realized that the HTC had recently been wiped and only had apps installed by default when you buy the HTC, without an android account being logged in, and without any network settings whatsoever (Previous internet connections saved), I thought about it for a bit and realized that the police wouldn't be able to figure out who's phone it was if I did return it, And considered myself lucky to have found a phone that retails for $99. A few days later, After filling the empty phone with my previous android account and apps originally installed on my Nexus 7, That I'm currently in the process of replacing the screen of, as it's damaged and doesn't function properly anymore, And after letting a few friends know of the phone I found, The friend that lives by the park of mine saw me whip out the phone and accused me of stealing it. I refused that and stated that I found it by the park not far from where they lived, The friend told me that the phone used to be her dads before he upgraded and she was secretly planning to give it too him because his phone wasn't as good, She then said that her boyfriend had dropped it there while they were conspiring to participate in secretly giving her fathers phone, his property, to her boyfriend thus aiding and abetting in the theft of her fathers property. Of course, When I didn't give the phone back because I called bullshit, Figuring she wanted a new HTC for her boyfriend, She went ape shit and told me how I was a thief and told her parents I stole it from them. They now apparently have found the receipt and box of the phone, And are now accusing me of stealing the phone, When in reality their daughters boyfriend was the one attempting to do so and I'm now taking the blame for which. Her parents also want it back and I don't exactly know what to do, As I feel like if I don't give it back I could be charged with theft for something I never did indeed steal, Or that they're completely fucking with me and trying to get a free HTC out of me. If it really is there's, Would I legally be required to give it back? They say they have proof it's theirs but I have no way of knowing if it is or not or if what they're saying is even true. My now ex-friend, states that she remembers the phone because of the exact same crack on the screen What should I do? The best possible resolution to this I feel would be to just turn the phone into the police and report it as lost and if they do indeed have the receipt they could talk to the police about it and prove it's theirs to them. Anyway, Ideas?
    Last edited by EatADick; 04-09-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    Give it to the police and let them sort it out. Hopefully there is a serial number attached to the receipt for the phone. Don't invest more time into the phone if you're not sure if you'll keep it. It's not like you paid for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Could always boost your karma and give her the phone, if it isn't hers and she's just scamming you then let karma twist her fate.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim For This Useful Post:

Renamon Toast Crunch (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I'd suggest talking to the police as soon as you can. It'd be a lot better if you can get an in with the cops before they do.
    Just be honest and explain the situation to them, they'll tell you what to do.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks for all the intelligent helpful answers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    All these pussies saying take it to the cops. Fuck that shit.
    Dude just because they have receipts and a box doesn't mean shit. They are gonna need proof that that exact phone was theirs and they only way to prove that is by the serial number. Ask them for the serial number of the phone and I guarantee they wont give it to you or will give you some bullshit number. Cops cant really do shit, you found it and thats they only defense you need.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Police for sure. Like @Czar said, if the phone is theirs, and they have proof, the cops will hand it over. If they don't, they don't get the phone and the person who really owns it to go get it.

That girl sounds like a first-class bitch. If this were me, I would drop the phone in front of her and deal with her broken phone herself.

Happy birthday to her dad.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Phillips View Post
    Dude just because they have receipts and a box doesn't mean shit. They are gonna need proof that that exact phone was theirs and they only way to prove that is by the serial number. Ask them for the serial number of the phone and I guarantee they wont give it to you or will give you some bullshit number. Cops cant really do shit, you found it and thats they only defense you need.
    Or, you could be a good Samaritan.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertice View Post

Or, you could be a good Samaritan.
    Good Samaritan = Being a Pussy
    We live in an already corrupt society so fuck everyone else. Finders keepers losers suck my balls.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertice View Post
    Could always boost your karma and give her the phone, if it isn't hers and she's just scamming you then let karma twist her fate.
    "Boost your Karma" and "Karma twist her fate" thanks for the lels.

And if they do show the receipt, take it and piss on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    And if they do show the receipt, take it and piss on it.
    Receipt doesn't have the IMEI or Serial Numbers on it.
    That would be the only way to tell if the phone was actually theirs. And if OP is lucky enough they will be too fucking retarded to know what those things are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    So, Since they're being assholes, Should I change the Serial number and tell them fuck themselves even if it is their phone? /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by EatADick View Post
    So, Since they're being assholes, Should I change the Serial number and tell them fuck themselves even if it is their phone? /
    Yes.
    But either way they need to go fuck themselves for accusing you of stealing. If your story is true, then you didn't steal shit and just found a phone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Assistive For This Useful Post:

EatADick (04-09-2014)

Thanks

Receipt doesn't have the IMEI or Serial Numbers on it.
    That would be the only way to tell if the phone was actually theirs. And if OP is lucky enough they will be too fucking retarded to know what those things are.
    Just being a dumbass here, nothing unusual.
    If the OP is lucky he can 720p no scope that bitch and go necrophilia on her body.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (04-09-2014)

Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @EatADick Did they show you the box and or receipt? If they haven't they should prove that to you at least..
    Last edited by Elocrypt.; 04-09-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast