Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

JNoob's Auto-Updater Guide

Finally posted to the correct section.. my bad

Reading through the 21.0.3 client release and noticing that some people didn't have a clue on what to do with a .swf, I figured I could put my mediocre skills to use and help explain how easy JNoob's program can be.

Steps:
    1. Locate and open JustAnoob's release named OryxRape 1.0
    2. Scroll down until you see: Downloadable Files: Orape_mpgh.net.zip
    3. Click this, if it asks to download allow it to
    4. Once downloaded, drag the file from your downloads file onto your desktop
    5. It should be downloaded as a .zip file. Next, right click the file that you dragged to your desktop. On the drop down menu, select the option Extract All. Then click Extrack
    6.Once you have extracted the Orape folder, open it up. If this is your first time downloading, there should be NO client.swf file in that folder
    7. Locate the Orape.jar file. Double click on the file and open it.
    8. In the rectangular boxes below the Mod-list, select the option Get the Latest Client. This may take a minute or two, just be patient.
    9. When completed, it should say Client Download ok
    10. Now, when you are ready, go through the the list of Mods that you would like your client to have. If you do not know what a mod does, just look around on the forums for an answer or ask down below.
    11. Once you have selected your preferred mods, click the rectangular box that says Build. This too may take a minute or two, just be patient and wait again.
    12. Now when completed, it should come up with a message saying it has finished, and the client-mod.swf file is in the Orape folder.
    13. Drag the newly created Client-Mod.swf, make sure it isn't the client.swf file, to your desktop.
    14. I personally recommend that you use Flash Player while running a client, but if you prefer to use browser, go ahead and do that.
    15. To install Flash Player go to, https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    16. Click the Download button and wait for the .exe to download. Once completed open that file, and just follow the steps provided.
    17. When you have successfully installed Adobe Flash Player, right click the Client-mod.swf file that we created earlier. In the drop down menu, select the Open With option and choose Adobe Flash Player
    18. You should have successfully created your own client, and now you can create your own whenever there is a new update

Hope this really helped some of the confused people out there. It may seem stupid of me to post this, but there are for sure people who don't understand how to use the program. Once again, I hope this was worth the time I spent typing this, and credit for the program goes to JustAnoob, I merely just explained how to use it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyman12345 View Post
    I personally recommend that you use Flash Player to run a client
    Of course it must be run on Flash Player. You can't run a shockwave flash file on Java virtual machine, for example
    Last edited by CrazyJani; 05-13-2014 at 08:54 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJani For This Useful Post:

hardworker (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
    Of course it must be run on Flash Player. You can't run a shockwave flash file on Java virtual machine, for example
    Op should replace "player" with "non debug Flash Projector"
    Too many people read "player" and understand "Flash player, ok, i will run it in my browser" and... are stuck because of "trusted location" crap.

Download Flash Projector and its even easier than "File->Open" (Flash projector associate himself with swf files, so you just have to doubleclick on client after)
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    Op should replace "player" with "non debug Flash Projector"
    Too many people read "player" and understand "Flash player, ok, i will run it in my browser" and... are stuck because of "trusted location" crap.

Download Flash Projector and its even easier than "File->Open" (Flash projector associate himself with swf files, so you just have to doubleclick on client after)
    That works too.. XD