Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Should Orape clients be allowed?

I'd say no, if Mod selector clients were not allowed why should Orape ones be allowed?

Well for noobs that can't use Orape, either JNoob himslef or a minion should post a new one for every build on the original thread, kinda like how Cryo did.

/thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pepsi Cola For This Useful Post:

Daenerys (05-31-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    what is orape?
    Sorry for the noob question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by meap01 View Post
    what is orape?
    Orape 1.1 : Automatic Client Updater

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pepsi Cola For This Useful Post:

meap01 (05-31-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by meap01 View Post
    what is orape?
    This is why they should be allowed, or more preferably have Jnoob post one like you suggested Pepsi.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kia8 For This Useful Post:

059 (05-31-2014)

Thanks
    Mod selector clients were banned? #confused

I think that you are right though, have a minion (not Jnoob?[still <3 him {no homo}]) update the client and post it in a stickied thread. I would say the same for nilly's client, have it stickied in a thread and give her staff back to update it #toonewtoknowwhysheisFS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Necc View Post
    Mod selector clients were banned? #confused

I think that you are right though, have a minion (not Jnoob?[still <3 him {no homo}]) update the client and post it in a stickied thread. I would say the same for nilly's client, have it stickied in a thread and give her staff back to update it #toonewtoknowwhysheisFS
    Former Staff, she resigned, I think.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm okay with one Orape/JNoob client per revision/update released by __________().

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I agree, One orape client per update is perfectly fine. It will help cut back the flood of worthless new topics when updates come out.

But, I dont feel that someone should be able to get thanks for releasing a orape client. All thanks should go to jnoob
    Last edited by FainTMako; 06-01-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks
    Why isn't Mod Selector allowed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux Lux View Post
    Why isn't Mod Selector allowed?
    Of course the mod selector is allowed, but you aren't allowed to post clients that you made with the mod selector, as that's seen as thanks farming. Looks like the same thing is gonna happen with orape.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kia8 For This Useful Post:

Lux Lux (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    You seems to forget something : for each ROTMG build, a new ModSelector need to be done.

The goal of Orape is to always have an updated client with hacks.
    Unless there are broken hacks i wont update the tool, so why should i post a client?

If i post a client on each Orape update, we will see hundred of messages after a rotmg update saying "client not working" because they took the old client and didnt even read the original message or tried Orape himself which is hopefully still working.
    Posting a client which will be outdated soon on the same thread that a tool created to bypass this "outdated" problem is.. nonsense.

I can live with one guy posting a client. He will get thanks, but also the same annoying messages than in my own thread and even more ("omg can you add/remove this in the client plox" or "you didnt created this, stop using other work"). Thats sounds fair to me.
    Last edited by JustAnoobROTMG; 06-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JustAnoobROTMG For This Useful Post:

runekri3 (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    You seems to forget something : for each ROTMG build, a new ModSelector need to be done.

The goal of Orape is to always have an updated client with hacks.
    Unless there are broken hacks i wont update the tool, so why should i post a client?

If i post a client on each Orape update, we will see hundred of messages after a rotmg update saying "client not working" because they took the old client and didnt even read the original message or tried Orape himself which is hopefully still working.
    Posting a client which will be outdated soon on the same thread that a tool created to bypass this "outdated" problem is.. nonsense.

I can live with one guy posting a client. He will get thanks, but also the same annoying messages than in my own thread and even more ("omg can you add/remove this in the client plox" or "you didnt created this, stop using other work"). Thats sounds fair to me.
    Which is why I think that there should be a stickied thread, with the current client in it, maintained by a minion. The community has evolved to the point where things like Orape (all credits to whom they are deserved) have become available and as such make the posting of *updated*/*current* client threads pointless. Does there really need to be 100's of *New Client* threads in the first place? I think not.

TL;DR
    In short, since it is easy to update clients, why not just have a specific thread that everyone knows will have the updated client in it?

Thanks
    I don't see why this is such a big deal, who cares about thanks? I've been using Orape and have been the one updating clients using the program for the past idk three weeks? When 'thanks' was disabled I still uploaded them, answered every question (don't hold me to that, there were some really stupid ones). I don't do it for the thanks, I think I'm fairly helpful with my description as well, there's no need for this really. I'll upload 2 clients each time with the same mods inside of them, and if someone gets to it before me, so what? It's a community, I like to help out people. This program was released and is use-able by anyone, I include in each of my posts that I used a program for it, and I didn't make the client at all whatsoever, I just chose what I wanted. I am getting spoon-fed by this Orape updater, so why not spoon-feed them?

This whole stickied thing is just superfluous to me. As long as there's an updated client about an hour after an update by using Orape for everyone to use, everyone will be happy. It'll just be released because it takes no time to make and people will want to use it on the wait for Nilly's client.

For me, I don't care either way, but I think it's fine how it's working out, take away the thanks from it if thanking someone really matters, I don't get why getting thanks is such a priority. It's a community, first one to get it out and help everyone out gets thanked for it, it's the beauty of a hacking community, work together.

I don't really care either way, but it seems pointless. Anyone can make the client anyway.. If anything, sticky the released Orape Auto-Updater

19. The Following User Says Thank You to toounfair For This Useful Post:

Pepsi Cola (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    I feel like people who are too inept to run a fucking java program shouldn't get free hacks, but I don't know. AIO tool and orape were released for a reason...
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 059 For This Useful Post:

runekri3 (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by toounfair View Post
    I don't see why this is such a big deal, who cares about thanks? I've been using Orape and have been the one updating clients using the program for the past idk three weeks? When 'thanks' was disabled I still uploaded them, answered every question (don't hold me to that, there were some really stupid ones). I don't do it for the thanks, I think I'm fairly helpful with my description as well, there's no need for this really. I'll upload 2 clients each time with the same mods inside of them, and if someone gets to it before me, so what? It's a community, I like to help out people. This program was released and is use-able by anyone, I include in each of my posts that I used a program for it, and I didn't make the client at all whatsoever, I just chose what I wanted. I am getting spoon-fed by this Orape updater, so why not spoon-feed them?

This whole stickied thing is just superfluous to me. As long as there's an updated client about an hour after an update by using Orape for everyone to use, everyone will be happy. It'll just be released because it takes no time to make and people will want to use it on the wait for Nilly's client.

For me, I don't care either way, but I think it's fine how it's working out, take away the thanks from it if thanking someone really matters, I don't get why getting thanks is such a priority. It's a community, first one to get it out and help everyone out gets thanked for it, it's the beauty of a hacking community, work together.

I don't really care either way, but it seems pointless. Anyone can make the client anyway.. If anything, sticky the released Orape Auto-Updater

I really don't think any releases should be stickied unless it's really game breaking for example, master's injector. But what I really mean is that others were getting the credit anyway rather than JNoob himself, but if he doesn't really care himself, why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast