Thanks

How to edit your save-game!

This tutorial is aiming to be a very detailed tutorial that will go over the basics of what you will need to know when it comes to doing simple edits to your personal or downloaded save-games for the PC version of Borderlands 2.
    This method also works for XBOX but it is a bit more advanced and I will not be going into depth for that particular part of modding
    If you wish to mod for your XBOX saves you will have to learn the following on your own:

- Move your XBOX profile to a USB stick.
    - Export your profile from the stick to a format to your PC.
    - Open the profile and navigate to the correct save that you are looking to edit.
    - Load it into gibbed.
    - Import it back into your XBOX profile and move it back to your XBOX.

There are several tutorials out there on both YouTube and around the internet.

Lets get started!

Requirements:
    - WinRAR.
    - Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor.
    - A Save to edit.

Step One:
    Acquiring and extracting the save editor.
    First, download and install WinRAR if you haven't already done that.
    I will not tell you how to install WinRAR, because if you can't do that, then you should probably not edit a save.

Second thing you need to do is, download the latest version of the editor found in the requirements above.
    Once it's finished downloading you'll probably have a file similar to this one.

This is where you will need WinRAR, extract the file to a location of your choosing.

Once it's finished extracting the files you will have something looking similar to this:

With that out of the way, you should now be ready to start modifying your save-game!
    Move on to step 2.

Step Two:
    How to use the editor

Now, lets start with booting up the save-editor!
    When it has started you should have a window looking like this:

There is currently nothing loaded into it or nothing created in there just yet, but if you'll follow this tutorial you'll soon get the hang of it.
    So, there's several ways we can go, at this point I'm sure you don't want to create an entirely new save even if you can basically do whatever you want with it to start with, you could just create a max level character with tons and tons of cash and maximize all your weapons and gear to the max level as well, along with making custom weapons and whatnot.

Lets begin with loading a current save into the editor.
    I'm assuming that you have the Steam version of the game, because I can't magically find out the location of your otherwise pirated game, but if you put your mind to it you can probably locate the save and still follow this tutorial.

The way the program is coded it should automatically locate your save-file location on its own, but if it does not, you can find your saves at this location:
    C:\Users\%username%\Documents\my games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData
    Go ahead and navigate to that location.

In that folder you should have a folder with what seems like random numbers, i.e. it could be named.

Make sure that you make a backup of the file you are editing, just to be safe and to avoid tears.

Go ahead and open up that folder, you should only have one folder in the SaveData directory.
    When you are inside of that folder it will look something like this, you may have more files than I do.
    It's a clean slate for the sake of this tutorial.

These two files are both what you could mod, but for this tutorial we are editing the Sav0001.sav
    Go ahead and open up that file up in the editor.

Once it has loaded in it will look similar to this:

Well done, you have now successfully loaded a save file into the editor.
    You may continue to the next step.

Step Three:
    Editing the save

We will begin with the first tab in order after General.
    Don't mind that tab as you won't be editing anything there for now, or likely ever.

- Go ahead and press Character tab.
    After you've pressed it you will have a window filled with the most basic things, such as level, experience, skill points, name and skin.

Edit these numbers to your liking, a reminder the level cap is decided by what DLC's you own, there are two DLC's that increase the level cap by 11.
    My cap is set for 72, which is because I have both of those DLC's. I can't guarantee that you can have that level, it all depends on whether you have the DLC's or not.

I take it that you are done modifying the few fields in that tab to your liking.

- Lets move on to the next tab which is the Vehicle Tab.
    I wont actually go into detail about anything in that tab, it's pretty self explanatory - all you can do in that tab is to edit the skins of your vehicles.

- Go ahead and open the Currency tab.
    Here you can edit all of the available currencies you have, such as Gold, Eridium, Seraph Crystals and Torque Tokens.
    There are some limits to this however, but don't worry, there's a built in failsafe so that you can't set too high numbers, it'll go down to the highest allowed number. But hey, don't be greedy.

- Once you are done editing these numbers to your liking, lets move on to the next tab, which is Fast Travel.

Here you can press whatever check boxes you want in order to get the fast travel waypoints without actually walking to any of them, it might saves you heap of time, but overall I'd say you might ruin the gameplay for yourself, if there's nothing to explore and you already have everything, then what's the point of playing?
    There might also be some other complications such as waypoints to quest locations that you don't have yet.
    I don't know how that might affect the game.

You are nearing the end of what I will go through in this basic tutorial.

- Go to the next tab which is the Backpack.
    This part of the tutorial is somewhat advanced, but it all depends on how deep you are willing to go, again, I will keep it as simple as possible.
    I won't tell you how to make custom super weapons or change the looks of actual guns.

In here you will have a list of all your current items, both equipped and in the backpack.
    You have a wider array of options to work with here, such as duplicating items and leveling them up, which is what we will stick with during this tutorial.

In order to duplicate any item in your inventory, all you have to do right click the item you want to dupe and click on dupe.

There's also two buttons there, they are called Sync Equipped and Sync All.
    What those buttons do is level up your backpack gear, either the equipped or everything.
    It's a great way to keep an old gun alive and fresh during your playthrough.

Go ahead and sync up your weapons to your new level and maybe dupe a few items.

- Final tab, press Bank.
    There's not really much to say here, it works exactly the same way the inventory does except for the fact that you don't carry it along with you.

Step Four:
    Saving your character

There's not really much to say about this, save it on the same file you just opened but only if you made a backup.
    But don't fret if you didn't and now somehow managed to break your savegame, which you shouldn't have.
    The program makes a backup for you, I only told you because making a manual save is safer because you never know if the program might want to give up.

Once you have saved the save file you are ready to play with your new strong character!

Well done, you have now finished this tutorial.
    I hope it was to some satisfaction and help to get you started, even if the most simplest things are that simple to everyone.

Happy hunting.
    Any and all images found in this tutorial as well as the written material was made by me.
    You may NOT repost this work anywhere without written consent.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

ahmedtarek (02-17-2016),Bencici (03-21-2015),dylan132 (08-06-2016),jeff smith (11-24-2016),Konton (07-13-2014),Lucas210 (09-07-2014),raceu2hell (01-04-2015),Riddick (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    can i just ask something plz? i'm trying to use it to give myself abillity points and money, thats all i want, but i'm not getting any of them, can u explain me why plz?

repost, i only noticed now that it gives me the money but not the abillity points, may i ask why?
    Last edited by Adypoker; 10-03-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adypoker View Post
    can i just ask something plz? i'm trying to use it to give myself abillity points and money, thats all i want, but i'm not getting any of them, can u explain me why plz?

repost, i only noticed now that it gives me the money but not the abillity points, may i ask why?
    Well sure you can ask.
    What version of the editor are you using?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    idk right now, but i'll tell u when i get back on my laptop

Thanks
    When I download winrar, which one do I want to download?

Thanks
    How about the right version for the right architecture for your PC.
    Be it 32/86 or 64-bit.

Thanks
    Hello, i do not know if this was recently patched or something, but i cannot find my save file inside the willowgame folder. the folders that are in the willowgame folder are: Config, CookedPCConsole, Localization, Movies and Splash. i have tried searching for my saved file but to no avail. is there anything im missing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    When I try to open a save it says:

"Failed to load save:reencode mismatch"

Help?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyocats111 View Post
    When I try to open a save it says:

too

"Failed to load save:reencode mismatch"

Help?
    it is the same shit by me too

Thanks
    I haven't been home for a couple of months. Have they recently updated something?

Thanks
    still "Failed to load save:reencode mismatch"

Thanks
    Hey I've been looking for a save editor and this one stopped working. I get the Failed to load save:reencode mismatch...