Thread: MH17

Thanks

MH17

COPY PASTA TIEM

Over 100 HIV Experts And Advocates May Have Been On Board Crashed Malaysian Plane

The field of HIV/AIDS research has suffered a savage blow as reports suggest that as many as 108 leading researchers and advocates within the field were on board the Malaysia Airlines flight that that crashed yesterday. While the loss of any individual in such an instance is an extreme tragedy, the situation is particularly saddening given the loss of knowledge and expertise that was dedicated to tackling this dire global health problem.

The Boeing 777 airliner, which took off from Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, was on its way to Kuala Lumpur when it crashed on the Ukraine-Russia border, carrying 298 passengers. According to US and Australian governments, the cause of the crash was a surface-to-air missile. There were no survivors.

On board flight MH17 were a number of delegates headed to Melbourne for the AIDS 2014 conference which is due to start on Sunday. Over 100 attendees were scheduled to take this flight, but official confirmation of those on board has not yet been released. However, it is known that former International AIDS Society president and leading AIDS researcher Joep Lange was amongst those on the plane. Lange’s partner and ArtAIDS board member, Jacqueline van Tongeren, was also on board.

“Joep had an absolute commitment to HIV treatment and care in Asia and Africa,” director of Kirby Institute David A Cooper said in a University of New South Wales press-release. Lange has been working on HIV treatments since 1983 and has made ground-breaking contributions to the development of affordable HIV treatments, in particular combination therapies.

According to International AIDS Society president Francoise Barré-Sinoussi, the conference is scheduled to go ahead despite the tragedy, as “we know it’s really what they would have liked us to do.”

The conference is held every two years and is designed as a platform for campaigners to highlight developments in the field, discuss challenges and share expertise. One particular focus this year is said to be the laws in place in some African countries that criminalize homosexuality, and those in the former Soviet Union that punish intravenous drug users.

The situation has, as expected, hit home on the global AIDS community, and many members have expressed their sadness.

“These people were the best and the brightest, the ones who had dedicated their whole careers to fighting this terrible virus,” HIV researcher Clive Aspin told Guardian Australia. “It’s devastating.”

Prof. Richard Boyd, director of the Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories described the situation as “gut-wrenching,” and said that the loss of research leaders will have global ramifications on the field. “That knowledge is irreplaceable,” he told Guardian Australia.

So, what do you think? Originally I just thought it was a way to cover up what happened to MH370. Do you think it's been done to start a war? Do you think it's been done purely because it was such an easy way to get rid of those experts? or do you just think it happened because they flew in the restricted air zone?

Original article: Over 100 HIV Experts And Advocates May Have Been On Board Crashed Malaysian Plane | IFLScience
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    pr00f dat the ukrainian governments want 2 infect errywun with hiv and bandaids and rule teh worldszzs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotia For This Useful Post:

ThisIsNotRance (07-19-2014)

Thanks
    I wonder how long until Russia gets invaded.

MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats

Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50

Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html

Thanks
    Im calling it humans are fucked I give us 200 years before we do something stupid enough to kill everyone.
    Can't pass through the red plastic window.
    [img]https://csgo-stats.com/******slayer6969/graphic.png[/img]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelJunk View Post
    Im calling it humans are fucked I give us 200 years before we do something stupid enough to kill everyone.
    I'd say something like 20 years to be honest :l
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Inb4conspiracies.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    It was Ukraine who was the one who bombed the niggahs.

Thanks
    brb gotta get my tinfoil hat before my government fucks me up

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBajan View Post

I'd say something like 20 years to be honest :l
    I mean like fully fucking wiped out. Not a trace.
    Can't pass through the red plastic window.
    [img]https://csgo-stats.com/******slayer6969/graphic.png[/img]