Thanks

EasyAntiCheat / Roboshield

I just saw this new clause in the T&C of Robocraft (after the anti-cheat update)

Freejam is using EasyAntiCheat anti-cheat service (“EasyAntiCheat”), which is operated by a third-party service provider offering services to Freejam. EasyAntiCheat has a client software (“Client”) that is integrated into the Robocraft game client. When you start a new game session the Client will automatically load and install its latest version to your PC. When you are using Robocraft on your PC EasyAntiCheat is monitoring the PC, analyzing the Game binaries and scanning the memory of the PC for the purpose of detecting and preventing cheating in the Game (“Purpose”). For the Purpose EasyAntiCheat is storing information regarding cheating methods used in the Game (“Data”). By installing, copying, or otherwise using this Software Product, you give your consent that EasyAntiCheat may gather, store and publish Data for the sole purpose of the Purpose. The Data will be used solely for the Purpose including but not limited to identifying and banning players who are cheating in computer games, analyzing cheating behavior and cheating codes as well as sharing data about cheats with affiliates of EasyAntiCheat.
    In the wise words of Richard Stallman, this is an injustice.
    Do you think if we make enough noise Freejam will pull EasyAntiCheat?

I really don't want this crap on my computer but I would still like to play Robocraft.

Thanks
    So this is what gets published by EAC.

https://eac.krond.org/?game=4&server=...M_1.1.97861022

Also looks like this update broke Linux and Mac support.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by moot_ View Post
    I just saw this new clause in the T&C of Robocraft (after the anti-cheat update)

In the wise words of Richard Stallman, this is an injustice.
    Do you think if we make enough noise Freejam will pull EasyAntiCheat?

I really don't want this crap on my computer but I would still like to play Robocraft.

dumb idea :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gmail, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a lot of other major tech companies do the same yet you still are fine with that.. I could care less what they do but they obviously are using it for the AC is seems like.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post
    Gmail, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a lot of other major tech companies do the same yet you still are fine with that.. I could care less what they do but they obviously are using it for the AC is seems like.
    Gmail doesn't silently install itself onto my computer.
    I don't use any of those other big sites.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Of all of those sites, I don't think any of them silently install a driver and service as well as add code to the kernel itself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

disable anti cheat

my friends i have just found the answer you can simply disable easy-anti-cheat using a task manager xD here's how first open your task manager (i recommend www[dot]portableapps[dot]com/apps/utilities/system_explorer_portable) open your task manager
    then find easyanticheat then suspend it (your task manager may crash this is ok) then goto processes and find easyanticheat.exe and easyanticheat.sys and right click on easyanticheat.exe then click properties switch error control to ignore then turn start type to disabled then in the binary path box backspace it a bit and put the .exe back for eg. C:\windows\anticheat.exe to C:\windows\antich.exe then click ok and repeat with easyanticheat.sys pls spread this around and give me credit have fun
    Last edited by m4573rdum8455; 11-06-2014 at 07:38 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4573rdum8455 For This Useful Post:

peanutface (11-09-2014),tyrayor (04-29-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by m4573rdum8455 View Post
    my friends i have just found the answer you can simply disable easy-anti-cheat using a task manager xD here's how first open your task manager (i recommend www[dot]portableapps[dot]com/apps/utilities/system_explorer_portable) open your task manager
    then find easyanticheat then suspend it (your task manager may crash this is ok) then goto processes and find easyanticheat.exe and easyanticheat.sys and right click on easyanticheat.exe then click properties switch error control to ignore then turn start type to disabled then in the binary path box backspace it a bit and put the .exe back for eg. C:\windows\anticheat.exe to C:\windows\antich.exe then click ok and repeat with easyanticheat.sys pls spread this around and give me credit have fun
    Interesting... but, I think it will still detect hacked DLLs when it starts...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hmm ok, so that stops the exe from running on your main computer, but what about your Robocraft Account?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Yeeeea you found it gratz -.- -.- --.- -----.-----

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Game won't even load without the EAC protocol being made active, changing those names did nothing but through an error in my face to then which the launcher asked me to re-install EAC.