Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Why I joined here..

Fairy tail in top 3? SAO as OP's profile picture?

oh man someone help me why do I still visit? Is it out of pity to try and help them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    At this point idk. I don't mind that people start with the shit-tier series like Fairy-Tail and SAO because they can only go up.

But proclaiming FT or SAO to be good is a whole different matter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    At this point idk. I don't mind that people start with the shit-tier series like Fairy-Tail and SAO because they can only go up.

His response:
    I will admit that the main characters of fairy tail do tend to have plot armor (excluding a few arcs where they are rescued by a 3rd party - thinking mainly about the Tenrou Island arc). I will concede that the development is isn't great, but it also isn't terrible (imo). I don't think character development is really the point of this anime though. I think it is one of those feel good anime's that are fun to watch and have a dash of comedy thrown in with the plot.

EDIT: Also people do die, just not main characters... (source: Deceased - Fairy Tail Wiki, the site for Hiro Mashima's manga and anime series, Fairy Tail. )

I don't know anymore. These people lose my hope every single day, and I don't know what to do, lmao. I know for a fact this guy has started with something OTHER than this, but he's still willing to call this top 3? I just cringe for these poor people who aren't lead in the right direction..And I can't seem to help

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Neither can, and never will be good. Don't give me a heart attack @Empire

Thanks
    REally wish I knew how to explain to someone that mainstream shows like AoT, SAO, and Fairy Tail are just bad, without sounding like an idiot. Any help, lol?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Neither can, and never will be good. Don't give me a heart attack @Empire
    I was saying that starting out with those series isn't a problem.

SAO and Fairy Tail are objectively shit tier anime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    REally wish I knew how to explain to someone that mainstream shows like AoT, SAO, and Fairy Tail are just bad, without sounding like an idiot. Any help, lol?
    Well here's the thing. Mainstream does not equal bad all the time. But more often then not mainstream shows aren't very good.

AoT: Has a good setting, but squanders it for obscene political drama, no coherant plot, and a lot of non-sequitor action.
    -The anime in particular could have skipped several episodes and would have been better for it.
    -The hype AoT gets versus what is actually present in the anime is astounding. Yeah, IG did a good job on the animation, but it's still not above many other anime in that regard, much less with the characters/story.
    -AoT is a perfect example of people either liking it or hating it because of hype. Honestly it was just mediocre.

SAO: Well, this series fails on many levels. I've talked this one to death really, check my SAO review or DraconisMarch/Douchebag Chocolat.

Fairy Tail: It's not that nakama-power is bad, it's that re-using just that is. One piece does this from time to time, but they don't do it every fight. Fairy Tails main weakpoints are as follows:
    1. Mediocre action. No depth and no real choreography It's 9/10 just punch vs punch or the equivalent with magic.

2. Lack of a good story. Almost every arc has the same exact plot. Someone evil is doing something, they hurt the guild, exact revenge.
    >Which again, would be somewhat fine if the guild was an actual organization, not the equivalent of a bar. If the guild was well...a guild. If there was ANY political intrigue at all.....yeah. The way the badguy is introduced is also EXTREMELY repetitive and EXTREMELY out of place. People will pop in out of nowhere go "i'm a bad guy" and then fairy tail fights them.

3. I'm not really sure what goes in third. The horrible damage system or the comeback mechanic. You can never tell if anyone in Fairy Tail is actually damaged because they can always "power through it" and the comeback mechanic is so ridiculous that it just gets more silly as it goes on. Oh you just defeated me? Well not if I unleash my true-second-power!

>I'm fine with ridiculous series (Gurren Lagaan and KLK for example) but if it's not entertaining and just repetitive, it's bad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    oh man someone help me why do I still visit?
    Probably that 3,500 posts. The reason why I stayed at MPGH for so long before leaving was because my e-peen was huge

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Tell me, I have a Asian friend that says SAO is the best anime ever made.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NaziGui View Post
    Probably that 3,500 posts. The reason why I stayed at MPGH for so long before leaving was because my e-peen was huge
    I knew you couldn't be just another random newphag your post quality shows that. This isent who I think it is is it?

Thanks

I was saying that starting out with those series isn't a problem.

SAO and Fairy Tail are objectively shit tier anime though.

Well here's the thing. Mainstream does not equal bad all the time. But more often then not mainstream shows aren't very good.

AoT: Has a good setting, but squanders it for obscene political drama, no coherant plot, and a lot of non-sequitor action.
    -The anime in particular could have skipped several episodes and would have been better for it.
    -The hype AoT gets versus what is actually present in the anime is astounding. Yeah, IG did a good job on the animation, but it's still not above many other anime in that regard, much less with the characters/story.
    -AoT is a perfect example of people either liking it or hating it because of hype. Honestly it was just mediocre.

SAO: Well, this series fails on many levels. I've talked this one to death really, check my SAO review or DraconisMarch/Douchebag Chocolat.

Fairy Tail: It's not that nakama-power is bad, it's that re-using just that is. One piece does this from time to time, but they don't do it every fight. Fairy Tails main weakpoints are as follows:
    1. Mediocre action. No depth and no real choreography It's 9/10 just punch vs punch or the equivalent with magic.

2. Lack of a good story. Almost every arc has the same exact plot. Someone evil is doing something, they hurt the guild, exact revenge.
    >Which again, would be somewhat fine if the guild was an actual organization, not the equivalent of a bar. If the guild was well...a guild. If there was ANY political intrigue at all.....yeah. The way the badguy is introduced is also EXTREMELY repetitive and EXTREMELY out of place. People will pop in out of nowhere go "i'm a bad guy" and then fairy tail fights them.

3. I'm not really sure what goes in third. The horrible damage system or the comeback mechanic. You can never tell if anyone in Fairy Tail is actually damaged because they can always "power through it" and the comeback mechanic is so ridiculous that it just gets more silly as it goes on. Oh you just defeated me? Well not if I unleash my true-second-power!

>I'm fine with ridiculous series (Gurren Lagaan and KLK for example) but if it's not entertaining and just repetitive, it's bad.
    Thanks. Helped a lot. I didn't Copy & Paste it, but pretty much worked around it. Starting to help them , lol.. One post at a time.

Yeah I posted a lot there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I stopped watching FT because I wanted the story to follow what happened to the dragons and making Natsu way more powerful and going on cool adventures.
    But no, fuking fans want romance and couples and shit, fuck dragons, couples is the way to go... thats why FT sucks.
    At least thats how I view it.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Color View Post

Tell me, I have a Asian friend that says SAO is the best anime ever made.
    I have this fat-fuck friend, all he watches is super-mainstream(SAO/AoT) and Ecchi.

He wouldn't even touch another series if it doesn't meet those criteria.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I have this fat-fuck friend, all he watches is super-mainstream(SAO/AoT) and Ecchi.

He wouldn't even touch another series if it doesn't meet those criteria.
    The friend I mentioned is also fat.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    I knew you couldn't be just another random newphag your post quality shows that. This isent who I think it is is it?
    It is

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It is
    I just noticed your name was Nazi Gui.

I read it as Nazgul from LOTR lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast