It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Xbox 360 Modding Dictionary

When I talk with people on skype some people have NO idea what I am saying to them. Like, "My console is currently ban and I cannot afford a new KV". I have said that to a lot of people via skype, only 1/3 understand what that means. I have decided to make a little dictionary for the Xbox 360 modding section. This is all need to know if you plan on modding in the future.

Xbox 360 Names:

Xenon [zee-non, zen-on]

The first motherboard and probably the best for JTAG'ing online is the XENON motherboard. It was released with the xbox in November 2005, it does not have a HDMI port so you cannot play in HD. The Xenon motherboard was a standard stock motherboard from November 2005 to July 2007.

Zephyr [zef-er]

Zephyr is the second motherboard bought in to all newly made consoles after July 2007. Although microsoft was aware of the Red ring of death, they released this without fixing it, so it is possible to get the RROD with your zephyr motherboard.

Falcon [fawl-kuh n, fal-, faw-kuh n]

The Falcon motherboard for 360 was released just one month after the Zephyr, in September of 2007, because of the zephyr's Red ring of death problem, the Falcon's power supply was slightly reduced. The slightly reduced power supply ended up not being the fix for the RROD problem.

Opus [oh-puh s]

The Opus motherboard for the xbox 360 was released in June of 2008. The opus was a modified version of the Falcon and was released for the returned Xenon consoles which has Red ring of death hardware issue. Which they replaced the motherboard to an Opus. The Opus did not come with HDMI and was only used for Xenon repairs. Because of Microsoft replacing the motherboards instead of replacing the consoles, this saved Microsoft Millions.

Jasper [jas-per]

Jasper was released in September of 2008 and was the first hit on the head for the RROD hardware issue. Microsoft replaced the cooler to a smaller version and having a more reliable GPU because of the smaller cooler the Jasper fitted consoles were alot quieter than the rest of the motherboards.

Trinity, [trin-i-tee]
    Corona, [kuh-roh-nuh]
    Winchester. [win-ches-ter, -chuh-ster]

These motherboards are the newest and most efficient, in Cursed!'s opinion. If you have an Xbox 360 Slim it is bound to be one of these 3. Trinity is mostly normal Xbox 360's (Black). Corona is mostly Limited Edition Xbox 360's, like Gears of War 3/MW3/Star Wars decals. Winchester is for the Xbox 360 Slim E, the newest and worst looking console.

Pics of console specs and identification:

KV/KVs
    KV/KVs are short for "Key Vault/Key Vaults". KVs are your identifier when connecting to Xbox Live. When/If you mod online Microsoft will issue a ban on the KV.
    It works like this:
    I get on my xbox and connect to Xbox live. When sending a request to the Xbox Live servers it views my KV. Let's say my KV is a number and it's number is 82924. When I connect to xbox live, their servers look at my KV and check if it is legit and has nothing wrong with it. But lets say I start up Call of Duty Black Ops II and start modding. The Call of Duty servers WILL detect the mods and send the info to Microsoft that the xbox modding has been tampered with and should not be allowed to play on Xbox Live. Microsoft will receive the info, read the KV from the console and put it on a Black List. So when I attempt to connect to xbox live it will check my KV and see that it is Black Listed and cannot play on xbox live. I then have a "Banned Console". Now, with modified consoles you can change your KV. The price range of buying/selling KVs is about $9 a KV. Your Xbox WILL eat those KVs up, so make sure you are making a profit out of it.

What is a JTAG or RGH?
    Quote Originally Posted by C4RN1 Yahoo
    A JTAG is a hardware hack that is used to flash a device with different firmware. You can jtag cable modems so you can clone your mac address and steal the internet (it's illegal so don't ask). You can also jtag an xbox 360 and use an exploit found in the older xbox dashboard to rewrite the nand chip. The nand is kind of like a bios chip on a computer, when you flash the bios on a computer you're changing the way the computer interprets the information.

Anyway a jtag for an xbox allows the xbox to be flashed so it can do things microsoft designed against. You can run homebrew or run any unsigned code so almost everything is accessible. You can hook up large external hard drives and format them to be used with the xbox. There aren't many limits. You can copy a game directly to the hard drive and play the game without the disc.

Now what you're talking about is when someone modifies the code to the game and then hosts it so the code it transmitted down through the chain. The host can set any values to any attribute they want. In the prestige hack the kills are set so every kill = 1 prestige. All that the host has to do is modify the map attributes and load the game.

As for the Jtag itself it's becoming more rare by the day. There are only so many xbox's that can be jtaged because microsoft was aware when homebrew was finally accomplished on the xbox 360 system and the exploit in the dash version was closed and the dash was updated. To jtag an xbox you have to have a dash older than 2.0.8. Anything 2.0.8 and up is not jtagable.

There are different chipsets the xbox has used over the years.

The first is the xenon, xenon was a launch console without hdmi and a 203w power supply
    The second is the zephyr, zephyr was the first hdmi with a 203w power supply
    The third is the falcon, falcon was the first with the new cpu that used 175w power supply
    The forth is the opus, opus was a falcon chipset without hdmi (only available by repair)
    The fifth is the jasper, jasper uses a 65nm die process to decrease heat, uses 150w power supply

Now as you can probably figure out the first few designs were pretty horrible and broke a lot. This actually increases the chances of finding a jtagable xbox because if it broke a year ago odds are that is has an older exploitable dash. You'll see these broken jtagable xbox's going on ebay for about $120. For a Working jtagable xbox it can be 150-200. For a jtaged xbox it can be 350-400. You get the idea.
    Last edited by Cursed; 11-29-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by congress_ man View Post
    only time im not in the sky is when im low and dry

Donator: 1-16-14 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-15 - 12-25-15
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-15 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    Premium: 12-03-15 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-16 - 6-10-16
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-16 - 6-10-16
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-16 - 6-10-16
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-06-16 - 6-23-19