Thanks

Christmas misconceptions

It's Christmas Eve, there's no better time than to clear up some misunderstandings that Christians have about this holiday.

First of all, Jesus was not born on December 25th. The bible states that the shepherds were out watching the fields during the birth of Jesus, but it's painfully cold at Judea during the winter. The shepherds would have put their flocks in some type of shelter. Further evidence is that Mary and Joseph had to register in a roman consensus. And guess what? They aren't taken in winter. So why December 25th? It's because of the roman catholic church. You see, there was a nice little cult called Sol Invictus (Unconquered Sun) and they had a holiday based around the winter solstice. They had fun festivals and what not, but this guy named Emperor Constantine was kinda a cunt. He forced the pagans to convert to Christianity. But he came up with a great idea! How about we Christianize the pagan holiday? And hell, it worked. There's a reason why historians call Rome a perfect civilization.

Jesus wasn't born in a stable. The word "kataluma" meaning inn was mistranslated because of the scripture's context
    "The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner’s manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand." --Isaiah 1:3

But nope, it's stated later on in the bible that kataluma means inn. But wait, there's also this:
    "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn." --Luke 2:7

But the word was used in the old testament as a place of hospitality, unlike an actual inn. Here's the definition of the word
    Kataluma – “the spare or upper room in a private house or in a village […] where travelers received hospitality and where no payment was expected”

So in all actuality, Joseph went to his family's house. Sorry to burst your preconceived bubbles, but there also wasn't any angels singing to him. Even the whole "3 wise men" thing is false, though it's said there was a wise man who met Jesus it never stated how many. It could've been one... it could've been 50! Who the fuck even knows.

And lastly, why the fuck should you care anyways? Well, it's a sin to celebrate Christmas. It was never mentioned in the bible, it's an affront to your God you dumb fucks.

tl;dr
    Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, it's a pagan holiday.
    Jesus wasn't born in a stable, he was born at Joseph's family house.
    Celebrating Christmas is a sin

sieg lucifer lel

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There wasn't a census, the virgin birth is only in 2/4 gospels as well.

Thanks
    I always thought it was the pagan holiday of saturnalia that was co-opted by the church