Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Need your guy's/gal's help (will pay)

edit: Problem is solved, figured it out myself and it's not really a fix but it'll do. sorry I don't see anyone really that deserves the money but I REALLY appreciate all the help guys. Thanks for not being dicks and trying to be helpful. You can close/delete this @Thunder

So I'm pretty desperate for some help here that will be a bit tricky (or maybe not?). I will seriously pay the person/persons that help me like $10-15 if they find me a solution.

This may sound a bit silly and i know it's kinda dumb to come to you all for help but I don't really go on anything else.

So brief backstory and such: Dating a girl from australia (I'm from US) Been together 3 years almost now and we skype at night and we fall asleep in calls together like on video and voice we fall asleep and keep the call on while we sleep.. Well I have sleeping problems and I wake up every 2-4hours usually. Well the calls we're in helps me sleep, i guess i feel more comfortable with her there and I sleep harder and better and just for cause i want to be able to sleep with her until we both wake and then hang out/do whatever.

So the problem is AUS internet is shit and skype is shit. The calls drop out within 2-5hours or less or maybe a little more. Skype for MOST people has an option for calls to be automatically answered which I have on for our sake but her Ipod touch is running an older skype and ios i guess and doesnt have that feature of auto answer so that's the problem. I want a way to be able to stay in a call with her at night whether it be through some phone script or a program somehow or just anything at all.

Other video chat programs dont work. they still drop out just because her internet gets choppy and will go out for a few seconds and once a call like times out for a second it just drops out even if the internet is restored.

I know it's a long post but i'd really appreciate any help. flaming/trolling comments towards my relationship will just be ignored and it won't bother me so don't even bother doing it.

I'm gonna get some sleep, i'll check back when I wake up.
    Last edited by koolguyy; 12-26-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    A couple things.
    1. Congrats on losing CS.
    2. Tell her to jailbreak her device. There's probably something similar to this on cydia for skype.
    3. If you're asking for someone to code something for you try the programming section or offer more tbh.

Good luck dude, I'm not a programmer or a coder. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    If she can afford a better ISP, go for it. Keep the money, give it to her for a better ISP for a few months, and then if thats not an option, you can wait for someone to put a good response here, as I do not know anything.

Thanks
    That thing with you and your girlfriend sounds nice, what if she gets a newer version of Skype or just gets a better ISP? I heard there are some good ones in Aussie.

Thanks
    Move to her country . Problem solved.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguyy View Post
    So I'm pretty desperate for some help here that will be a bit tricky (or maybe not?). I will seriously pay the person/persons that help me like $10-15 if they find me a solution.

This may sound a bit silly and i know it's kinda dumb to come to you all for help but I don't really go on anything else.

So brief backstory and such: Dating a girl from australia (I'm from US) Been together 3 years almost now and we skype at night and we fall asleep in calls together like on video and voice we fall asleep and keep the call on while we sleep.. Well I have sleeping problems and I wake up every 2-4hours usually. Well the calls we're in helps me sleep, i guess i feel more comfortable with her there and I sleep harder and better and just for cause i want to be able to sleep with her until we both wake and then hang out/do whatever.

So the problem is AUS internet is shit and skype is shit. The calls drop out within 2-5hours or less or maybe a little more. Skype for MOST people has an option for calls to be automatically answered which I have on for our sake but her Ipod touch is running an older skype and ios i guess and doesnt have that feature of auto answer so that's the problem. I want a way to be able to stay in a call with her at night whether it be through some phone script or a program somehow or just anything at all.

Other video chat programs dont work. they still drop out just because her internet gets choppy and will go out for a few seconds and once a call like times out for a second it just drops out even if the internet is restored.

I know it's a long post but i'd really appreciate any help. flaming/trolling comments towards my relationship will just be ignored and it won't bother me so don't even bother doing it.

I'm gonna get some sleep, i'll check back when I wake up.
    erm have u tried face time -.-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisreal34 View Post
    erm have u tried face time -.-
    I'm on android :/ no apple products in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Move to her country . Problem solved.
    I'm going there in March. I have to save $4000 before i can go there so I have to deal with this first.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicXPharaoh View Post
    That thing with you and your girlfriend sounds nice, what if she gets a newer version of Skype or just gets a better ISP? I heard there are some good ones in Aussie.
    If you're being serious then thanks.. long distance relationships still sucks.
    Updating her skype still won't give her the option also looked at better ISP's but they won't tell me what speeds she'll get just how much data she'll have per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post
    A couple things.
    1. Congrats on losing CS.
    2. Tell her to jailbreak her device. There's probably something similar to this on cydia for skype.
    3. If you're asking for someone to code something for you try the programming section or offer more tbh.

Good luck dude, I'm not a programmer or a coder. :/
    I was thinking of jailbreaking but I'm not sure what I would do afterwards? and by script I wasn't really sure what I was saying there.. I'm not a phone person at all so I was just saying maybe theres a way to have a script that'll just auto call me if he notices the call time out..
    Last edited by koolguyy; 12-26-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm on android :/ no apple products in the house.

I'm going there in March. I have to save $4000 before i can go there so I have to deal with this first.

If you're being serious then thanks.. long distance relationships still sucks.
    Updating her skype still won't give her the option also looked at better ISP's but they won't tell me what speeds she'll get just how much data she'll have per week.

I was thinking of jailbreaking but I'm not sure what I would do afterwards? and by script I wasn't really sure what I was saying there.. I'm not a phone person at all so I was just saying maybe theres a way to have a script that'll just auto call me if he notices the call time out..
    dude u can still get face time if you know how

Thanks
    Wish I had a dedicated girl like that. I have no advice but I wish you the best of luck.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    dude u can still get face time if you know how
    Why are you suggesting that face time will be a better alternate ? Does it allow auto answering or just not drop out badly? if it's a good shot i'll try to find out how to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Wish I had a dedicated girl like that. I have no advice but I wish you the best of luck.
    Thanks man, it's difficult but worth it.
    Last edited by koolguyy; 12-26-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Why are you suggesting that face time will be a better alternate ? Does it allow auto answering or just not drop out badly? if it's a good shot i'll try to find out how to get it

Thanks man, it's difficult but worth it.
    https://joyofandroid.com/how-to-facetime-on-android/ pick one nigga

Thanks
    I don't see how this really helps me. I've obviously tried skype, I've also tried ooVoo and it doesn't do any better. If the program has an auto answer feature it could be useful so I guess I'll have to download each of these and check.

Thanks
    No help for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Farting Scotia View Post
    No help for you.
    If you're still going to be in an asshole in a situation like this then I suggest you drink bleach. Cause it just shows you're really an asshole. kthanks.

Thanks
    If you're still going to be in an asshole in a situation like this then I suggest you drink bleach. Cause it just shows you're really an asshole. kthanks.
    Hey hey I was joking, but it lasts for a few hours..... are you really going to be chatting for more then a few hours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast