Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Methods for finding entity lists/offsets, UI pointers (radar, ect) and others?

I'm fairly new to the game hacking scene however I have a long history with programming so I'm looking for some decent information.

What are your methods for doing the above efficiently? Atm I am really hit and miss with creating hacks, some games are relatively simple like CoD/CSGO(offsets wise not bypassing vac) while others are much more difficult for me.

I can RE fairly well with my background in C++/Intel based asm however I dont believe anyone on this forum goes around RE'ing the complete game binary as that would take quite a long time.

Thanks.

Thanks
    From my experience, it's (for the most part) just finding something semi-related to what you're searching for, and tracing it back as far as possible. For instance, you might find the game's entity/game object list by tracing back from something seemingly unrelated such as the ammo in your gun using break points (ammo address -> gun base address -> address in player object -> address in entity list). Obviously this involves a bit of RE too. You might want to reverse functions you land at to see exactly what they're doing rather than just blindly going about.

It seems as if you're looking for some kind of universal method for game reversing though, which you're not going to find. It's about trying every possible thing you can think of to find what you're looking for.
    Last edited by demmonic; 01-22-2015 at 11:23 AM.