Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    nilly:
    Thanks for your appreciation. However, I don't really know how to prove it. Maybe a screenshot of my ****** account?
    Also, it seems I can't send PM here, maybe you could send me a PM?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by creepylava View Post
    nilly:
    Thanks for your appreciation. However, I don't really know how to prove it. Maybe a screenshot of my ****** account?
    Also, it seems I can't send PM here, maybe you could send me a PM?
    I know your ****** so I'll go ahead and add you to the repo. No strings or anything. For what you did, it is the least I can do. I do request that if you decide to use anything off it for your own projects please give proper credits.

It might be easier for us to communicate if you make a forum account on my site. We can pm, mini chat, exchange skype if you'd like.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by creepylava View Post
    Not that my opinion matters, but the death of private server 'community' was expected.

When I first release the source code to public, I thought I've done the heavy work to get a basic server working, the 'community' should be able to get the other parts done. But I was mistaken. Many people just get what's given, and never give back. Even the brighter coders kept their source code private, and don't share their effort with others. Some even ask for donation, just because they maintain a poorly done hosted server, without any real contribution. This 'community' is just people competing with each other to profit themselves. Just like nilly said, they don't deserve it.

By the way, is there still any interest to get a stable, vanilla server working?
    Fuck I gotta stop writing those huge wall of texts I regret posting afterwards..
    Yeah the hardest part was the lower structural level of rotmg. It was always refreshing to see how others did stuff differently than you had done. I eventually wrote a custom client so that made it easier. Due to some really bad experiences with RSPS I keep pretty much everything I do private but I do admire people like you who don't.
    Last edited by runekri3; 05-04-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

Thanks
    rotmg is dead itself no1 is playing it anymore :/

Thanks
    You know what i've always wondered? Why doesn't anyone give nano the guy who gave out his source one of the only people who had it at the time any credits or give wildshadow any credits? The rotmg private server section makes realm servers look like wildshadow the original creators of the game had nothing to do with them even though they made the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by privateserverleecher View Post
    You know what i've always wondered? Why doesn't anyone give nano the guy who gave out his source one of the only people who had it at the time any credits or give wildshadow any credits? The rotmg private server section makes realm servers look like wildshadow the original creators of the game had nothing to do with them even though they made the game.
    Sure they had the base of it but then if we wanted to give credits to everyone, what about the sprites? The original sprites of the potions and characters and some entities are also in other games. Besides we all know Wildshadow deserves the credits so the clients have them in it. At least most clients do
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Do not Trade - Blacklisted
    6 Mo. (06/03/15-12/03/15)
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Community dead? Up to us to make everyone's rotmg experience better

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Color's Sheep View Post
    Sure they had the base of it but then if we wanted to give credits to everyone, what about the sprites? The original sprites of the potions and characters and some entities are also in other games. Besides we all know Wildshadow deserves the credits so the clients have them in it. At least most clients do
    i still dont understand why we have to give credits to people who haven been doing the same thing as everyone else such as trapped or club they just released the same source everyone else had. You could tell me they worked on it yeah but other people with the same amount of knowledge could have done the same yet they still need to give credits to people who don't deserve it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I ain't gonna lie, I lost interest in RotMG prod, but I am working on something for the community, it will be a surprise

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Dupe Wave would release a "wake up" all again.
    I myself just came to play (after two years without even access the game site) because I learned that the dupe was back, but so far, nothing.
    I bet that a dupe wave would rather revive all, or it could mean closing the game (which is already dead).
    Just my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to losreis For This Useful Post:

BARm (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    i still dont understand why we have to give credits to people who haven been doing the same thing as everyone else such as trapped or club they just released the same source everyone else had. You could tell me they worked on it yeah but other people with the same amount of knowledge could have done the same yet they still need to give credits to people who don't deserve it.
    Either you are a major hypocrite or your name is sarcastic. Just because something is easy to do doesn't mean you shouldn't give credit if you 'copy-paste' it. If you don't think the person deserves the credit, do it yourself.

If you don't give credit to people who ask for it, you are a dick.
    If you don't give credit to people who don't ask for it, you are disrespectful.
    If you don't give something back to the community, you are the reason why this thread exists.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-

13. The Following User Says Thank You to runekri3 For This Useful Post:

BARm (05-11-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by runekri3 View Post
    Either you are a major hypocrite or your name is sarcastic. Just because something is easy to do doesn't mean you shouldn't give credit if you 'copy-paste' it. If you don't think the person deserves the credit, do it yourself.

If you don't give credit to people who ask for it, you are a dick.
    If you don't give credit to people who don't ask for it, you are disrespectful.
    If you don't give something back to the community, you are the reason why this thread exists.
    Fair enough i understand. You take you give. That's how it works around here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Fair enough i understand. You take you give. That's how it works around here.
    That's how it tends to work in life generally not around here.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    DisRespect-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345