Thanks

Question Your opinion on J. Cole?

... The American rapper J. Cole is one of the most popular rappers of
    his generation and is seen as one of the figureheads of todays hiphop ...
    Listening to hiphop every day this comes as a surprise.
    What do you think and why? I think his shit is weak and hyped.

First of all I can't be bothered listening to the lyrics of a track when I'm not feeling the flow/instrumental.
    It leaves only a couple songs for me. Like 'No Role Modelz' and 'Power Trip'. Even those are shitty.

Thanks
    My all time personal favorite up there in the top 3. Don't hate me just wait.
    Unlike most rappers today, he also talks about things in life that will make you REALLY think about life in general. Not just the usually pu$$y money garbage. He has some of these songs like "workout" but overall most of his songs usually have a great idea behind them. PS you really can't say a rapper is garbage without giving them a chance. I used to hate J Cole literally until I forced myself to listen to a few tracks from him and realized how amazing his lyrics are. Also J Cole speaks to the broken, I don't know your life circumstances but J Cole's lyrics feel very true and raw making it easy to relate to him if you're going through a struggle and such. His track "Farewell" really makes you think. Listen to the words and lyrics on that track and you'll see why Jay Z picked him up instead of 100000 rappers out there. One thing that is also cool about J Cole is his personality. Google what he did with his old house that the bank took from him and his mother and you'd understand he's a great person even in real life not just in the studio which makes him likable and his lyrics are great compared to "rappers" like Thug... etc and the rest of the garbage can.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptSoap For This Useful Post:

Raphael03 (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    J. Cole is actually a very talented artist and music creator, unfortunately if your name isn't Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne or Eminem, you don't get the album sales that you want, for example, Wale's newest album sold 100k the first week or the first day, I can't necessarily remember however that's a HUGE accomplishment for someone as incomparable to the names I've listed. I know that J. Cole will be going platinum some time later this year from his '2014 Forest Hills Drive' which will really be amazing but the past 3 albums he has made he's only transcended the last and exceeded album expectations and more importantly the fans.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Never heard of J. Cole....

Am I missing out?
    Quote Originally Posted by tastydogs View Post
    since i can't figure out how to hack and u guys have already hacked, then can I play on one of your accounts, so i can try to have some fun on this game, and maybe get a white bag.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSoap View Post
    My all time personal favorite up there in the top 3. Don't hate me just wait.
    Unlike most rappers today, he also talks about things in life that will make you REALLY think about life in general. Not just the usually pu$$y money garbage. He has some of these songs like "workout" but overall most of his songs usually have a great idea behind them. PS you really can't say a rapper is garbage without giving them a chance. I used to hate J Cole literally until I forced myself to listen to a few tracks from him and realized how amazing his lyrics are. Also J Cole speaks to the broken, I don't know your life circumstances but J Cole's lyrics feel very true and raw making it easy to relate to him if you're going through a struggle and such. His track "Farewell" really makes you think. Listen to the words and lyrics on that track and you'll see why Jay Z picked him up instead of 100000 rappers out there. One thing that is also cool about J Cole is his personality. Google what he did with his old house that the bank took from him and his mother and you'd understand he's a great person even in real life not just in the studio which makes him likable and his lyrics are great compared to "rappers" like Thug... etc and the rest of the garbage can.
    J. Cole is actually a very talented artist and music creator, unfortunately if your name isn't Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne or Eminem, you don't get the album sales that you want, for example, Wale's newest album sold 100k the first week or the first day, I can't necessarily remember however that's a HUGE accomplishment for someone as incomparable to the names I've listed. I know that J. Cole will be going platinum some time later this year from his '2014 Forest Hills Drive' which will really be amazing but the past 3 albums he has made he's only transcended the last and exceeded album expectations and more importantly the fans.
    I see what you're saying, but what made you FORCE to listen to his tracks and then say: "Hey this is actually pretty good"? I bet it's the hype. The Underachievers go WAY harder than J. Cole just check it out. I guess I can't be bothered to listen to his 'deep lyrics' because of his weak ass flow.

Check out The Underchievers, starting with my favorite track 'Proclamation'. I listed a couple of songs, although almost everything they make is gold.

Last edited by apezwijn; 05-04-2015 at 12:11 PM.