Thread: JevaEngine II

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    So technically its just Orge3d :/

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Erm i should know this one..... Come on think..... Aww i got nutin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    looks good .
    Ex warrock minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    So technically its just Orge3d :/

Ogre3D is a render engine, I'm building a game engine. If you think you can just whip up six lines and build a game engine using a physics and graphics engine, then you're wrong. Take a look at some of the open-sourced projects using Ogre3D. Look at the API reference yourself.

Secondly, why would I make direct use of DirectX when I don't need to? So it can be available on a single platform? So I have to perform optimization that probably won't even compare to Ogre?

I'm a one man team, for christ sake, do you expect me to go off and make my own Physics & Graphics engine? That takes several extremely experienced programmers to get done in a reasonable amount of time. And hundreds to compete with free libraries, that you can use for commercial purposes.

No this is not just Ogre, and I would prove it to you, but I would rather keep the source to myself for now. Which is why I'm telling you to look at open-sourced projects, download the SDKs and look at the demo's source.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Ogre3D is a render engine, I'm building a game engine. If you think you can just whip up six lines and build a game engine using a physics and graphics engine, then you're wrong. Take a look at some of the open-sourced projects using Ogre3D. Look at the API reference yourself.

Secondly, why would I make direct use of DirectX when I don't need to? So it can be available on a single platform? So I have to perform optimization that probably won't even compare to Ogre?

I'm a one man team, for christ sake, do you expect me to go off and make my own Physics & Graphics engine? That takes several extremely experienced programmers to get done in a reasonable amount of time. And hundreds to compete with free libraries, that you can use for commercial purposes.

No this is not just Ogre, and I would prove it to you, but I would rather keep the source to myself for now. Which is why I'm telling you to look at open-sourced projects, download the SDKs and look at the demo's source.
    I've looked at Orge3d already, it has everything you need to make a game. Most of the source I've seen was open source, and there are plenty of open source projects. Making a game engine using Orge3d isn't difficult since they have all the graphics crap done for you, and working both with DX and GL, however what you are doing is not writing an engine. Game Engines have the rendering part done for you, you can't market it as a half game engine. Essentially it is Orge3d with some game code for specific gameplay... I.E. a game. You aren't writing a game engine.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

I've looked at Orge3d already, it has everything you need to make a game. Most of the source I've seen was open source, and there are plenty of open source projects. Making a game engine using Orge3d isn't difficult since they have all the graphics crap done for you, and working both with DX and GL, however what you are doing is not writing an engine. Game Engines have the rendering part done for you, you can't market it as a half game engine. Essentially it is Orge3d with some game code for specific gameplay... I.E. a game. You aren't writing a game engine.
    First of all, it isn't JUST ogre3D, I'm using PhysX for physics as well.
    Secondly, I'm writing a game engine. I.e I started four weeks ago and here you are talking to me about how it just manages physics, and rendering. Like I said in my first post, I am building a base.

Lastly, Ogre does NOT have everything you need to write a game engine. Audio, physics, networking, UI, building of maps(Map consist more of just terrain, and some don't even have terrain), gameplay, special effects, game utilities, managing & loading of map entities, and players, the list is endless. You obviously haven't taken a close enough look at Ogre, or are making assumptions.

3K lines is not "some game code for specific gamplay".
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 12-05-2009 at 03:36 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Looks like a interesting project.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Good Job..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    First of all, it isn't JUST ogre3D, I'm using PhysX for physics as well.
    Secondly, I'm writing a game engine. I.e I started four weeks ago and here you are talking to me about how it just manages physics, and rendering. Like I said in my first post, I am building a base.

Lastly, Ogre does NOT have everything you need to write a game engine. Audio, physics, networking, UI, building of maps(Map consist more of just terrain, and some don't even have terrain), gameplay, special effects, game utilities, managing & loading of map entities, and players, the list is endless. You obviously haven't taken a close enough look at Ogre, or are making assumptions.

3K lines is not "some game code for specific gamplay".
    A) Doesn't matter what you are using, its still not a game engine.
    B) Orge3D has the most important feature of any good game engine; graphics. I'm fully aware of need for other things, but in any game engine, the core is the graphics.
    C) You don't even know the fucking meaning of assumption, don't try to use it or imply that I am.
    D) 3k lines of code is NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... ahahahaahahahahahhahaha, I just wrote 3k lines for my Operating Systems class assignment. 3k lines of crap is still not an engine. Even then, ofc its specific. You have a video of you animating the character and moving across the screen. If it was truly a game engine, it would be in the same format of ORGE3D, and contain a ton of abstract classes, some core code. Thats all... Go look at some game SDKS and see how they are used.
    E) Using a series of 3rd party tools and API's, that you do not own or have the right of distributing, doesn't make a game engine.

Hey guys I'm going to add JevaEngine 2 to the list of game engines on wikipedia. Don't worry, I will mention that it uses ORGE3D, no one will laugh or sue you. You have a game, now stfu to the max.

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

A) Doesn't matter what you are using, its still not a game engine.
    B) Orge3D has the most important feature of any good game engine; graphics. I'm fully aware of need for other things, but in any game engine, the core is the graphics.
    C) You don't even know the fucking meaning of assumption, don't try to use it or imply that I am.
    D) 3k lines of code is NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... ahahahaahahahahahhahaha, I just wrote 3k lines for my Operating Systems class assignment. 3k lines of crap is still not an engine. Even then, ofc its specific. You have a video of you animating the character and moving across the screen. If it was truly a game engine, it would be in the same format of ORGE3D, and contain a ton of abstract classes, some core code. Thats all... Go look at some game SDKS and see how they are used.
    E) Using a series of 3rd party tools and API's, that you do not own or have the right of distributing, doesn't make a game engine.

Hey guys I'm going to add JevaEngine 2 to the list of game engines on wikipedia. Don't worry, I will mention that it uses ORGE3D, no one will laugh or sue you. You have a game, now stfu to the max.
    O HAI GUISE, IM SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, AND IM GOING TO MAKE MY OWN GAME ENGINE, PHYSICS ENGINE, GRAPHICS ENGINE.

Are you fucking serious?

A ) You haven't seen the code.

B ) I strongly disagree with you there bucko. Graphics do not form a game engine, and if that is so, you can go ahead and call all the game engines out there EXACTLY THE SAME.

C ) O HAI GUISE LETS BRING UP SOMETHING A YEAR OLD AND USE IT AGAINST JETAMAY

D ) A) You haven't seen the code. B ) Writing a game engine requires a good design to be thoughtout, and considering it's written in C++, a good OO design. C ) And good for you. Writing a simple operating system is a million lines of straight-forward code, it isn't that difficult. And I assume yours was virtual. D )I'm aware of the definition of a game engine, mine may be simple compared to other companies, but then again, I'm one person, self-tought and 16 years old, the fuck do you expect me to do?

E ) First of all I'm using two(PhysX, and Ogre3d), secondly you obviously don't know the license Ogre is under, lastly Google it.

Game engines written using Ogre API, the last one is commercial:
    https://www.yake.org/
    https://www.opengameengine.org/
    https://www.neoaxisgroup.com/

Those were made more then two years ago, consider what may be out now.

But I guess, at least according to you, they're not game engines, they're graphics engine, with physics, UI, networking, game utilities(and everything else a game engine is). psh.

Next time you reply, please make sure you have done atleast SOME research one Ogre3D.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 12-05-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Battle of the mpgh coders, sit back and observe guise.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    its intense yo!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryhack View Post
    Battle of the mpgh coders, sit back and observe guise.
    Coder vs ehh

Thanks
    when one is the head admin of the forum, it isn't hard to guess the victor of the quarrel.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Coder vs ehh
    VS. TAE KWON DO
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    O HAI GUISE, IM SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, AND IM GOING TO MAKE MY OWN GAME ENGINE, PHYSICS ENGINE, GRAPHICS ENGINE.

Are you fucking serious?
    ARE YOU? TOUCHE FUCK HEAD

Do you even know what the fuck "game engine" means?

Lets see... WIKIPEDIA:
    A game engine is a software system designed for the creation and development of video games. There are many game engines that are designed to work on video game consoles and desktop operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The core functionality typically provided by a game engine includes a rendering engine (“renderer”) for 2D or 3D graphics, a physics engine or collision detection (and collision response), sound, scripting, animation, artificial intelligence, networking, streaming, memory management, threading, and a scene graph. The process of game development is frequently economized by in large part reusing the same game engine to create different games.

MY name is JEREMY, I am 16 years old. I think I am writing a GAME ENGINE, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS. STOP SAYING UR MAKING A FUCKING GAME ENGINE. SAY YOU ARE MAKING A GAME

A ) You haven't seen the code.
    I DONT NEED TO, YOU DEFEATED YOURSELF IN THE STATEMENT ABOVE.

B ) I strongly disagree with you there bucko. Graphics do not form a game engine, and if that is so, you can go ahead and call all the game engines out there EXACTLY THE SAME.
    So... you are saying that all game engines have the same graphics quality, same graphics implementation? Are you saying that Q3 engine is the same as Lithtech? EXACTLY STRONG WORD THERE SPARKY

C ) O HAI GUISE LETS BRING UP SOMETHING A YEAR OLD AND USE IT AGAINST JETAMAY
    You assumed and said I shouldn't... even though I didn't, odd. You never learn, probably some sort of brain injury.

D ) A) You haven't seen the code. B ) Writing a game engine requires a good design to be thoughtout, and considering it's written in C++, a good OO design. C ) And good for you. Writing a simple operating system is a million lines of straight-forward code, it isn't that difficult. And I assume yours was virtual. D )I'm aware of the definition of a game engine, mine may be simple compared to other companies, but then again, I'm one person, self-tought and 16 years old, the fuck do you expect me to do?
    A) duh. B) "good"? wtf does that mean C) Assume... TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. "isn't that difficult"... o lawd D) apparently you aren't... you are building a game not an engine.

E ) First of all I'm using two(PhysX, and Ogre3d), secondly you obviously don't know the license Ogre is under, lastly Google it.
    No I just mentioned the licensing, even though I don't know what it is under. I used ORGE around 2 years ago, when I heard about. Tried it out, dropped it because they had licensing that made it free if you weren't going to use it for commercial purposes, you also had to provide them with code. If licensing changed between then and now, no idea, I'm not going to google it, maybe you should. Either way, they have sort of licensing on it and rules with it, maybe you should read it for your "GAME engine".

Game engines written using Ogre API, the last one is commercial:
    https://www.yake.org/
    https://www.opengameengine.org/
    https://www.neoaxisgroup.com/

Those were made more then two years ago, consider what may be out now.

But I guess, at least according to you, they're not game engines, they're graphics engine, with physics, UI, networking, game utilities(and everything else a game engine is). psh.
    "Yake - Yake is a young cross-platform 3D engine that builds upon Ogre."
    "NeoAxis Engine is an all-purpose, modern 3D graphics engine for 3D simulations, visualizations and games."

Failure to the maximum.

Hi guys, I'm jetamay and I use Orge3d with physx and I have a "game engine". In any form, even if you have an API with headers and libraries for your "engine", its still going to be missing a major component, the Graphics engine.

Next time you reply, please make sure you have done atleast SOME research one Ogre3D.
    Did my DD 2 years ago, and even with research your logic is flawed.

Rename your "engine" to: JevaEngine II + Orge3d + PhysX, sounds about right.

Just rage quit already, you fail. Failure at its maximum. Also, FYI told you guys this would happen...

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast