Thanks

Binds aren't working and cfg file is changing sizes

I have been using sinJect, DankSole, and Nico's .dll to attempt at hacking. When I first attempted, it worked. Great right? But later, I switched the config file back to the original and left for a few hours. I tried it again, replacing the original cfg with the other one, and the only binds that worked were the speed and ohk. ow, only the speed works. I looked at the size of the config file which stayed at 8.3kb until I closed Vindictus. It changed to 7.29kb. I also have never gotten any sort of error notice from HShield or sinJect.

Steps I have taken: Replace the cfg in the folder with the other one. Run sinJect as an administrator. Clicked on both dll files. Clicked Manual Load. Closed sinJect when I heard the click. I have tried with and without console mode. With console mode, I pasted the binds and pressed Enter. I tried that before and after logging into my character. Without console mode, I clicked "Okay" when the "DankSole loaded" window popped up. Periodically, I'd check on the file size of the cfg. I'd log in. Run Wind Through the Ruins. Try to ohk and room skip. When neither of them worked, I closed Vindictus and looked at the file size which became 7.29kb.

Another method: I switched in the original file, opened it up through the .exe, logged into the character, and then exited the game. Then I replaced the file with the other cfg and tried again.

So...I feel like I've been ramming my head through a wall since I believe that I'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Nico; 09-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Behind your computer screen, nomming your bytes!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by nummynuts View Post
    I have been using sinJect, DankSole, and Nico's .dll to attempt at hacking. When I first attempted, it worked. Great right? But later, I switched the config file back to the original and left for a few hours. I tried it again, replacing the original cfg with the other one, and the only binds that worked were the speed and ohk. ow, only the speed works. I looked at the size of the config file which stayed at 8.3kb until I closed Vindictus. It changed to 7.29kb. I also have never gotten any sort of error notice from HShield or sinJect.

Steps I have taken: Replace the cfg in the folder with the other one. Run sinJect as an administrator. Clicked on both dll files. Clicked Manual Load. Closed sinJect when I heard the click. I have tried with and without console mode. With console mode, I pasted the binds and pressed Enter. I tried that before and after logging into my character. Without console mode, I clicked "Okay" when the "DankSole loaded" window popped up. Periodically, I'd check on the file size of the cfg. I'd log in. Run Wind Through the Ruins. Try to ohk and room skip. When neither of them worked, I closed Vindictus and looked at the file size which became 7.29kb.

Another method: I switched in the original file, opened it up through the .exe, logged into the character, and then exited the game. Then I replaced the file with the other cfg and tried again.

So...I feel like I've been ramming my head through a wall since I believe that I'm doing something wrong.
    What happens when you close down the Vindictus game normally, it saves your binds, via a command. If this is happening to you, and everytime it saves, it is overwriting your binds, here are a couple methods you can try.

Open up DanKSole in console mode. Type in all of your binds followed by "host_writeconfig". Once you've done that, close the DanKSole window, which should crash Vindictus too. Go to your Vindictus/config folder and copy the config.cfg. Make a folder inside the config folder named backup. Paste the config.cfg into backup.
    Now, every time that you start the game you can replace the file manually from your backup folder.

OR

Same first few steps above, up to writing your config file. From there just everytime that you want to close Vindictus, close it through the DanKSole window, which should crash Vindictus before it gets a chance to overwite.

Happy hacking!

Important Information!
    Rules: #1 - #2 - #3
    Search Button - By Dracconus ---------------------- Useful Commands - By darkwar4ever
    Set-up Vindictus hacks - By crietenz ---------------- Tutorial for SinBotv2.3 - By badhomaks
    What commands do in town! - By Zaiakunokami ------ How to put default binds in SinBot - By Zaiakunokami

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaiakunokami For This Useful Post:

nummynuts (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiakunokami View Post
    What happens when you close down the Vindictus game normally, it saves your binds, via a command. If this is happening to you, and everytime it saves, it is overwriting your binds, here are a couple methods you can try.

Open up DanKSole in console mode. Type in all of your binds followed by "host_writeconfig". Once you've done that, close the DanKSole window, which should crash Vindictus too. Go to your Vindictus/config folder and copy the config.cfg. Make a folder inside the config folder named backup. Paste the config.cfg into backup.
    Now, every time that you start the game you can replace the file manually from your backup folder.

OR

Same first few steps above, up to writing your config file. From there just everytime that you want to close Vindictus, close it through the DanKSole window, which should crash Vindictus before it gets a chance to overwite.

Happy hacking!
    I have tried both methods and have encountered the same problem where only the speed hack works. :/ Nothing has changed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    If nico's dll file doesn't get injected, then most stuff doesn't work, and your config files will most likely get overwritten.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidsizedcoffin For This Useful Post:

nummynuts (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    When I open sinJect, I highlight both DankSole.dll and VinV5b.dll. And open the Console mode to paste in my binds as well as typing "host_writeconfig." The time that the hacks did work, I opened it in Console mode without putting in my binds into the other window. >_< I don't get it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Make sure that VinV5b.dll is loading first, rename if you have to.

Also, once you have your bindings done, you can just load with the vinv5b.dll file, you shouldn't need to load danksole with it, unless you are using some of dank's custom commands.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidsizedcoffin For This Useful Post:

nummynuts (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Thank you both so much. >_<