Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

How the Republican Party went from Lincoln to Trump

Informative. Most republicans don't realize the party used to be liberal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post

Informative. Most republicans don't realize the party used to be liberal.
    https://listverse.com/2013/12/05/10-r...ble-president/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The switch occurred in the 60s- the republicans opposed the Civil Rights Act to get voters.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to checkshire For This Useful Post:

Confluency (07-20-2016),Dab (07-20-2016)

Thanks
    It's not an argument he specifically said he would uphold his status quo above the population(southerns who rely on slavery). It's a comparison between the two parties, how Republicans went from being the progressives to the Democrats being the progressives. No matter how you see it, you have an idiotic person who is your GOP candidate. 4 Bankruptcies which you justify through the means of having too much money... That's a contradiction in of it's self I've addressed before. You literally have 0 idea as to the history of American politics or government in general do you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Watched this at work today. Interesting video.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Dab (07-20-2016),H!nt (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    sorry but vox is like buzzfeed

complete garbage

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GunerLow View Post
    sorry but vox is like buzzfeed

complete garbage
    I agree I never liked vox or any of their shit, but in the recent past months they have been outstanding on specific videos (I'm not subbed).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    It's not an argument he specifically said he would uphold his status quo above the population(southerns who rely on slavery). It's a comparison between the two parties, how Republicans went from being the progressives to the Democrats being the progressives. No matter how you see it, you have an idiotic person who is your GOP candidate. 4 Bankruptcies which you justify through the means of having too much money... That's a contradiction in of it's self I've addressed before. You literally have 0 idea as to the history of American politics or government in general do you?
    4 out of 517 sounds normal to me. Failed investments always happen, even Wall Street suffered a crash in 1929 and in the black monday of 1987.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    4 out of 517 sounds normal to me. Failed investments always happen, even Wall Street suffered a crash in 1929 and in the black monday of 1987.
    He borrowed too much and couldn't afford to pay it off. He invested too much, and his profits were too little. That is literally the definition of a failed businessman. The only reason why he gets away with this is because he invested heavily into assets and everything else to assure he'll always have some form of money. Again this is only possible with large sums of money, average people will be lucky to make one major investment into an asset like land but then you're risk factor is much higher than his is, because you're more heavily dependent on a single resource.

Trumps failed to properly engage in his companies, as a result many of them have failed. He's went bankrupt 4 times all because he failed to make more profits than he did his investment... 3 out of 4 of the times he did not guarantee the corporate debt. Why/how? Because he was rich and famous enough that people trusted him too much. He doesn't want to pay off his own bankruptcies, he'd much rather let the tax payers and the working class pay off his failures for him. Because you know, he can't afford to actually pay off his own liabilities... Let alone attempt to be an actual good businessman, you know the one. Someone who takes all of their businesses seriously, and doesn't plan on letting a few go bankrupt because they can't break even...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    He borrowed too much and couldn't afford to pay it off. He invested too much, and his profits were too little. That is literally the definition of a failed businessman. The only reason why he gets away with this is because he invested heavily into assets and everything else to assure he'll always have some form of money. Again this is only possible with large sums of money, average people will be lucky to make one major investment into an asset like land but then you're risk factor is much higher than his is, because you're more heavily dependent on a single resource.

Trumps failed to properly engage in his companies, as a result many of them have failed. He's went bankrupt 4 times all because he failed to make more profits than he did his investment... 3 out of 4 of the times he did not guarantee the corporate debt. Why/how? Because he was rich and famous enough that people trusted him too much. He doesn't want to pay off his own bankruptcies, he'd much rather let the tax payers and the working class pay off his failures for him. Because you know, he can't afford to actually pay off his own liabilities... Let alone attempt to be an actual good businessman, you know the one. Someone who takes all of their businesses seriously, and doesn't plan on letting a few go bankrupt because they can't break even...
    4 bankruptcies for 4 failed ventures is no big deal. Google had to shut down Google Glass an many more of their services as they made a loss on them. Stock prices and value of assets fluctuate every day. Making a few investments that failed and later making that money back is what a businessman is. There is nobody whose company never suffered, but only a small percent actually managed to get their money back and more. Even the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and JP Morgan had their times of crisis yet they're still some of the richest families

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyo For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]arunforce (07-21-2016),Dab (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    4 bankruptcies for 4 failed ventures is no big deal. Google had to shut down Google Glass an many more of their services as they made a loss on them. Stock prices and value of assets fluctuate every day. Making a few investments that failed and later making that money back is what a businessman is. There is nobody whose company never suffered, but only a small percent actually managed to get their money back and more. Even the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and JP Morgan had their times of crisis yet they're still some of the richest families
    You've misinterpreted my argument... Also you're comparing google to donald trump...

The point is Trump is a unethical corrupt terrible businessman, you're trying to compare grapefruits to oranges here. The man has made decisions that hurt his companies, but most of all the people who invest their lives into these businesses. What he's done to become rich is just relying on other people to do all the work for you. Although we cannot blame a single person for using the system the way it's intended to work, we can condemn his actions especially since he's running for president.

Without any of the stupid shit trump has said, his basis as a businessman would only appeal to the rich and established politicians on the far right. Majority of people used to hate his people like him, the ones who cashed in on the American people's suffering. He's just an idiotic face valued celebrity businessman who has no real world experience hens why he knows so little about politics and thought Obama was from kenya.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    what an interesting video
    All opinions are my own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Decent video, still would vote for trump though because you just can't trust a single word Hillary says these days..

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

No, I never said that's why he went bankrupt. I said being an businessman and only succeeding doesn't exist anywhere. Everyone fails at some point, it's the only way to learn. It's moronic to think it's possible to never have a business fail when you own hundreds of them.

Lincoln was far more similar to Trump than you think, so I am pretty sure you're the idiot who has no knowledge about the history of US politics.

Get more jealous and butt-hurt fag boi.
    Last edited by Lunatic; 07-21-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast