Thanks

If you like networking ,could you help me ? :X

So basically i need you guy's help , what i want to do is bypass a school proxy witch is preventing me to acces internet , i do know some stuff in networking and most of the basics , but really need your help , as little as this problem seems , this could really impact me in the results of my studies :

So im in a school where there's a proxy , on pc's that are configured to be able to go to internet there is a proxy configured in the browser that asks for your credentials ( i don't have any because im a student and internet is reserved to others ) when you open it up .
    What i did is take the proxy adress and put it on a personal computer and connect it to the school network , but it ended up that the server is not asking for my credentials , so i can't use it .

Without using the proxy and just trying to go to google or anything else , the request gets refused automatically , how am i connecting doesn't matter it's always rejected .

i asked my friends , if they knew a way how to bypass the proxy , and it endded up that everyone else knows less than me about this and that only one guy knows as much as me about this , tho later we found a random guy that doesn't know anything about nertowking telling us "i use a VPN that is called Hotspot Shield and internet works well and fast !"

i was like " wtf how could that be possible , how can a VPN connect to it's servers is every request is rejected "

and i've tryed it later and it did in fact work , but only with a specific version of hotspotshield (5.1.5) , i've tryed to ckeck what ports hotspot shields uses to "reproduce" the way hotspotshield acces the internet , but i've failed to do so ( because to be sincere i didn't really knew what do to at this moment )

that's pretty much were i am ATM , so if anyone could help me , if i need to check for open ports how could i do it ? , peopole told me to use this website https://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php , but how could u use a website if i don't have internet ...

i need a software to do that locally ?

Thanks for the help !

Also you might ask me ; " why do you need internet that much ? just deal with it "

well i can't
    because im doing my studies in a college and where i sleep is again another college with the exact same restriction so my only internet acces is my phone 3g for a week , and trust me where i live 3g is SHIT

and im learning c , c++ n and html and our professor uploads our work to google drive and share it with us and each day we deal with heavier and heavier work , so it will definetly become a big problem someday , last time i had to download wamp installer , ( wich is about 120 MB ) it took me one entire night ... and i have only 5 hours free after my day of work ....

So im asking for help ! , thank you already if you do care about this !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    This is why it Hotspot Shield might be able to bypass that setup.

Your browser normally is configured to be connected to a specific network right? Yep! HS bypasses that connection by sending requests to its own VPN and communicating through that network instead of your school's one.
    Before attempting anything else, have you tried to take a look at the browsers configuration? Maybe you might be able to alter the proxy settings? Or have you tried to play around with the windows firewall settings?

To find out which ports is HS using simply open cmd and type "netstat -a -b -n", find your process name and take a look at the ports being used. To be honest this is where it gets darker, I doubt you will be able to connect to a different network (unless you do lots of researches on this topic). The most I can advise you is to try binding a socket on that port (after closing HS surely) and then try to set up connections on that specific port.

P.S. It's more likely that your school is only blocking connections via a web browser, have you tried to play some kind of MP game on there? Or any other software that connects to the internet to see if it has access to its online services?
    Last edited by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ; 10-05-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post
    This is why it Hotspot Shield might be able to bypass that setup.

Your browser normally is configured to be connected to a specific network right? Yep! HS bypasses that connection by sending requests to its own VPN and communicating through that network instead of your school's one.
    Before attempting anything else, have you tried to take a look at the browsers configuration? Maybe you might be able to alter the proxy settings? Or have you tried to play around with the windows firewall settings?

To find out which ports is HS using simply open cmd and type "netstat -a -b -n", find your process name and take a look at the ports being used. To be honest this is where it gets darker, I doubt you will be able to connect to a different network (unless you do lots of researches on this topic). The most I can advise you is to try binding a socket on that port (after closing HS surely) and then try to set up connections on that specific port.

P.S. It's more likely that your school is only blocking connections via a web browser, have you tried to play some kind of MP game on there? Or any other software that connects to the internet to see if it has access to its online services?
    well you didn't got me , what i said is that the only way that your traffic can get out is by going trough the proxy since everything else is blocked

so theorically HS shoudn't be able to connect to it's servers since everything is blocked and the only "outdoor" is the proxy wich requires credentials

if HS is ablre to connect that mean there's a hole in the proxy somewhere .

also thanks for the help ill chack that later i can't atm

edit ; that's how i think this proxy basically is ;

it blocks everything that doesn't have the credentials , but yeah if HS is able to connect that means traffics can go out wich means there's a hole somewhere in the network
    Last edited by ZetaDarus; 10-05-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetaDarus View Post
    but yeah if HS is able to connect that means traffics can go out wich means there's a hole somewhere in the network
    What I said is that you can't actually force other programs (unless you install a hook) to go through that proxy. Don't imagine the proxy as in the photo, that's like a closed network, all the proxy does is just checks a bit of credentials and if you're good then you may continue surfing. That's why I told you that most likely the only thing that's blocked is your web browser, and if HS can hook on that and bypass the proxy so can you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

What I said is that you can't actually force other programs (unless you install a hook) to go through that proxy. Don't imagine the proxy as in the photo, that's like a closed network, all the proxy does is just checks a bit of credentials and if you're good then you may continue surfing. That's why I told you that most likely the only thing that's blocked is your web browser, and if HS can hook on that and bypass the proxy so can you
    See this is interesting to me because I want to go and major in something with cyber security but all of this doesn't make any sense at all. I want it to make sense in the future that's all I hope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by AceStyx View Post
    See this is interesting to me because I want to go and major in something with cyber security but all of this doesn't make any sense at all. I want it to make sense in the future that's all I hope.
    Oh what I've got is pretty basic concepts, I just try to apply logic to what I already know. Yeah there's a lot more going on inside a proxy and other security systems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Oh what I've got is pretty basic concepts, I just try to apply logic to what I already know. Yeah there's a lot more going on inside a proxy and other security systems.
    Yeah, I plan on learning everything in the course of the next 3 years of college.