Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

My new years resolution

My new years resolution was to get back in shape like i was in high school and gain just a bit of muscle.. seriously i am skinny as fuck! im like 5'8 and weight about 125-130 pounds.. and im 20 years old.. i eat only 1 meal a day because i don't hardly ever have an appetite.. im worried about myself sometimes..
    I know none of you care about my personal problems.. but i just want a lil advice.. I really wanna start working out.. but i wanna start out slow.. i don't wanna just go out and try to run 10 miles because that shit aint gonna happen ever.. but like i don't even know where to begin..

Also about my appetite issue.. how can i help that? i only eat 1 meal a day.. Do i have to force my self to eat? or is there another way i can gain my appetite back..

Also im thinking about when my gf graduates from highschool and gettn ready for college i wanna join in the millitary and have a good life with her and not worry about money and all that other stuff

I don't even feel like im 20 sometimes.. i look at other 20 year olds.. and im like.. i am nothing like that.. i still look like im 17.. I hate it sometimes..

anyways just a lil advice..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    @Lehsyrus

Seriously, that should be my answer to everything

Here's my opinion tho: If you wanna get the best outta working out, you gotta eat healthy. You should eat even though you don't have the appetite. Eating is super super super important foo. If you don't eat for long periods of time, your stomach will begin to shrink. And that means you won't be able to eat much anymore. And that's scary. You have to gradually eat more food over time. Eat small snacks. You also want to consume a variety of food to get your body back into shape. I know this sounds weird, but eat with bigger cups. Sometimes it makes you wanna eat the whole thing. But if not, eat in small portions. Also, drink caloric juices if you don't feel like eating as much. Once you begin to fatten up, change the fat to muscle by working out. It's not as easy as I put it tho.

But good luck
    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    i suggest you swim and practice good eating habits. it really helps

Thanks
    WHEN YOU HAVE A MUSCLE/EATING/HEALTHY/BIO CHEMIST QUESTION WHO DO YOU CALL?
    @Lehsyrus !!! Get in your musclemobile.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Yes call Lehrsyrus. He is a nutritionist and personal trainer and knows everything about fitness..but only at the internet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post
    My new years resolution was to get back in shape like i was in high school and gain just a bit of muscle.. seriously i am skinny as fuck! im like 5'8 and weight about 125-130 pounds.. and im 20 years old.. i eat only 1 meal a day because i don't hardly ever have an appetite.. im worried about myself sometimes..
    I know none of you care about my personal problems.. but i just want a lil advice.. I really wanna start working out.. but i wanna start out slow.. i don't wanna just go out and try to run 10 miles because that shit aint gonna happen ever.. but like i don't even know where to begin..

Also about my appetite issue.. how can i help that? i only eat 1 meal a day.. Do i have to force my self to eat? or is there another way i can gain my appetite back..

Also im thinking about when my gf graduates from highschool and gettn ready for college i wanna join in the millitary and have a good life with her and not worry about money and all that other stuff

I don't even feel like im 20 sometimes.. i look at other 20 year olds.. and im like.. i am nothing like that.. i still look like im 17.. I hate it sometimes..

anyways just a lil advice..
    A buddy of mine had the same issue. The key word here for gaining your appetite back, water. You're going to need to stretch your stomach out slightly, so start drinking about five to six bottles of water a day. If you can, drink up to about ten.

Now let's build on this, you're going to want to get a bit of muscle, but it is difficult to start when you're skinny, so we'll start you off on the basics.

Diet, when you eat you want to look into lean protein. Go for the white meats, peanuts, pistachios, tuna, all of those types of food. If you want to jump start your protein intake, go to your local grocery store and find a Whey protein shake, and only do about a QUARTER of the amount it says. We don't want to overload you with excess protein that synthesizes into fat.

As for workouts, you're going to want to start doing a lot of pushups and pullups. Don't hit the curling bar yet, get your muscles endurance up. Incline pushups and wide stand pushups, as well as pullups (hands forwards and backwards, interchange the style) will help your muscles get used to the wear and tear of working out without over-exerting your limit.

After a couple of weeks, I'd say two or three (whatever you're comfortable with), start hitting that curling bar. You're going to want to find your threshold weight. To do this, pick the bar up with five pounds on either side, and curl it. If it was easy, put another five pounds on either side and do it again. Keep doing this until you find a weight that you absolutely CAN NOT LIFT, and then drop the weight down by five pounds (on either side of the curling bar).

Now that you have your threshold weight limit, you can start bulking on the muscle. From here, start taking HALF of the recommended amount of protein, and take it in the morning when you first wake up, and right before you go to sleep. You do this because when you are asleep, your body is not taking in any nutrients, and as it attempts to repair itself it will actually cut down your muscle for energy for the rest of your body. If you take your protein, your body will realize this and utilize it to repair your muscles, causing them to become larger. In the morning, you have not had any nutrients entering your body for about eight hours, so it is best to kick start your muscles repair and protein synthesis with a protein shake.

Your workout will need to be based on banging out as many sets as possible. Even if you can only do two reps with your weight, get in about five sets minimum. Get these sets in NO MATTER WHAT. Even if you have to weight ten minutes in between sets, get these five minimum sets in. After a week you will find you can cut down your resting time, and bang out more sets. When possible, try to do five reps as well in each set, just to give yourself a peak amount of sets.

Stretch your arms in between each workout. This will keep your arms from locking up when you are trying to lift heavier weights in the future.

After three weeks on that weight, bump it up ten pounds. Do two weeks with that weight, then bump it up another ten pounds. Start taking the recommended minimum amount of protein on the label in the morning and at night.

Keep bumping the weight up by ten pounds every two weeks for six weeks, then stick with that weight for a bit. I would say four weeks on that weight, just to allow your muscles to become more dense and build themselves up. After this regiment, if you still want to get bigger, just ask me what to do later on because it will involve other supplements.

IMPORTANT: if you are not eating all of your food groups, take a multi vitamin in the morning. You need the minerals to function properly and they help not only with muscle gains, but with your bodies overall performance.

Also, if you want any other supplements to speed up the gaining process, PM me and I'll figure out a good combination for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    WHEN YOU HAVE A MUSCLE/EATING/HEALTHY/BIO CHEMIST QUESTION WHO DO YOU CALL?
    @Lehsyrus !!! Get in your musclemobile.
    On my wayyyyy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sev. View Post
    Yes call Lehrsyrus. He is a nutritionist and personal trainer and knows everything about fitness..but only at the internet.
    And you're a moronic uneducated child who does not even know how to do simple research before opening his fucking annoying mouth. Now get the fuck out of this thread because Seyeko requested help, not a ******.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Implify (01-08-2013),HalfBajan (01-08-2013),Mr.Seyeko (01-08-2013),Physcadelic (01-08-2013),[MPGH]Psychotic (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Thank you so much, i will try (: and i will send you a pm..

also when will i be able to take notice of the effects on my body? like months? or weeks?
    Last edited by Mr.Seyeko; 01-08-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko View Post
    Thank you so much, i will try (: and i will send you a pm..

also when will i be able to take notice of the effects on my body? like months? or weeks?
    I saw noticeable results after two weeks, if you decide to add in another supplement you will see bigger gains even more quickly, but it's really only for the dedicated bodybuilder (Creatine). When I was lifting I gained half an inch in two weeks, when I added creatine I gained an inch in a week (it slows down significantly as you lift but still). I workout every day though to stay healthy and to help with my own disorders, so it's a must have for myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miniboris For This Useful Post:

GreatSev (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My new years resolution was to try and not swear.. LOL I already broke that the next day..
    Oh well, i'll keep trying xD

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    My new year's resolution was to get out of the thug life.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miniboris View Post
    that was not funny at all..newphag

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You don't need the resources from eating plenty of food if you don't put it to use. Be glad that you're skinny and not fat.
    It's possible that you have a fast metabolism, but judging from the meals you miss it's more likely you're winding up with malnutrition.
    My advice: Your body will fix itself and get into balance if you make it your top priority - so find a sport or hobby that makes you a lot more physically active and be consistent with it. Your goal is to make every day, a day where you exerted yourself instead of nothing at all.
    I would suggest swimming, but that's a biased answer since it coming from me.
    The point I'm trying to drive through is that it's a problem you CAN do something about.
    I'm 17 and in the same weight group, just a bit taller, and worry about being skinny myself, especially with my grandma nagging about it all the time. But I've also heard that grandmothers are notable for that kind of thing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    this is funny :P As a 21 year old i do have a good body, and eat pretty good. now you might ask WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ON THE INTERNET! Couse i love it ! anyhow, try to do little excersicement every day. Like 100 puch ups trough EVERY DAY i swear it help and after a couple of weeks you will see its pretty easy but ofcourse that wont give you a AWESOME looking body it just like a easy start. Than you can go for the heavier stuff

And sorry for bad english

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Start with 20 pushups and add one everyday until you get to 100 in a set. If you get stuck just keep trying and you'll slowly make it

R.I.P a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast