Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

GameStop Fans... Prepare yourself

In case you haven't seen already, the Xbox One, is supposed to be a revolutionary device. Apparently, due to Microsoft's brilliant technology one of your favorite local stores may be gone forever.

The 'Xbox One' has basically a download service, where you put in a disc, it downloads it, and after that you no longer need the disc. Now at first, you may think wow. This is great!

But now get this. Each disc comes with a code, you enter it, and then it's invalidated afterwards. You can play, and use the code again. It is currently an unknown fee, but being that it's Microsoft, I'm sure it'll be 30$ to use a code again. Anyways, if you don't already know, GameStop makes a fuck ton of money off of used games. With this, you'll no longer to get any games off the Xbox One console. Now, although they will be able to sell new games for more, but I go to GameStop usually just to get a used game for a lot less.

Now yes, they will still be using used games for other consoles, but the general population will most likely look to get Xbox One games, so I suspect them to be getting less profit from used games. New games, are 60 dollars each. If the Xbox One actually is a success, it will destroy GameStop's business.
    Last edited by Deflorate.; 05-21-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Xbox One can play used games it just charges a currently unknown fee.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post
    Hm... Will edit post. Didn't know about that.

Thanks
    eww... who would be a fan of gamestop?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles <3 View Post
    In case you haven't seen already, the Xbox One, is supposed to be a revolutionary device. Apparently, due to Microsoft's brilliant technology one of your favorite local stores may be gone forever.

The 'Xbox One' has basically a download service, where you put in a disc, it downloads it, and after that you no longer need the disc. Now at first, you may think wow. This is great!

But now get this. Each disc comes with a code, you enter it, and then it's invalidated afterwards. You can play, and use the code again. It is currently an unknown fee, but being that it's Microsoft, I'm sure it'll be 30$ to use a code again. Anyways, if you don't already know, GameStop makes a fuck ton of money off of used games. With this, you'll no longer to get any games off the Xbox One console. Now, although they will be able to sell new games for more, but I go to GameStop usually just to get a used game for a lot less.

Now yes, they will still be using used games for other consoles, but the general population will most likely look to get Xbox One games, so I suspect them to be getting less profit from used games. New games, are 60 dollars each. If the Xbox One actually is a success, it will destroy GameStop's business.
    Right now xbox is getting some horrible responses so G.S. is safe since they do still have PS4 and the other consoles and stuff. Worst comes to worst is if G.S. starts replacing xbox with PC's which isn't really bad in my opinion.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    If youre rich enough to throw money away on that console, im sure you're not going to be bothered with a used game service
    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks

It's still complete fucking bullshit.

If I buy a used car, I can drive it without paying Ford. If I buy an old house, I can live in it without paying the original company that built it. If I buy a used guitar, I can play it without paying Fender. Why? Because they are all 100% my property. With what microshit is doing, you don't own any games, you lease them. It's bullshit, and anybody who buys this console is a moron.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post

It's still complete fucking bullshit.

If I buy a used car, I can drive it without paying Ford. If I buy an old house, I can live in it without paying the original company that built it. If I buy a used guitar, I can play it without paying Fender. Why? Because they are all 100% my property. With what microshit is doing, you don't own any games, you lease them. It's bullshit, and anybody who buys this console is a moron.
    I wasn't defending the Xbox One but honestly it doesn't bother me because i wont be buying one.

There trying to stop all the bootleg games but at the inconvenience of the paying costumers its a stupid idea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Never seen any major or changes on the xbox one.

Thanks

I wasn't defending the Xbox One but honestly it doesn't bother me because i wont be buying one.

There trying to stop all the bootleg games but at the inconvenience of the paying costumers its a stupid idea.
    In no fucking way is blocking used games "trying to stop all the bootleg games", it is to kill companies like GameStop and force more money out of people by forcing them to pay full price for a game.

You can't rent them anymore either, so gamefly/redbox are fucked too. Theres no way to try a game before you buy it, and you are forced to pay the full $60, so you're eventually going to end up owning a bunch of shitty games that you don't want and can't sell because you don't actually own them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

Confin3d (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    And this is why I stay away from consoles in the first place, the sheeple will buy it though.
    No longer use this website.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

In no fucking way is blocking used games "trying to stop all the bootleg games", it is to kill companies like GameStop and force more money out of people by forcing them to pay full price for a game.

You can't rent them anymore either, so gamefly/redbox are fucked too. Theres no way to try a game before you buy it, and you are forced to pay the full $60, so you're eventually going to end up owning a bunch of shitty games that you don't want and can't sell because you don't actually own them.
    How i see it making all games need a serial, needing to go online once every 24 hours, and the fee for used games would stop bootleg games but the intentions of Microsoft may very well be as you describe and nothing I've heard about the Xbox One sounds like a good idea.

Thanks

How i see it making all games need a serial, needing to go online once every 24 hours, and the fee for used games would stop bootleg games but the intentions of Microsoft may very well be as you describe and nothing I've heard about the Xbox One sounds like a good idea.
    They can't stop bootleg games. You can be assured some russian guy will have cracked it all within a month or two of release. It's bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

They can't stop bootleg games. You can be assured some russian guy will have cracked it all within a month or two of release. It's bullshit.
    Maybe that was a bad way to say it, It looks like an attempt to stop bootlegging and i understand that when people get determined to crack the system it will get cracked and at some point it will be less of an inconvenience to just crack the system than deal with all the anti bootleg shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Who even uses Gamestop nowadays? They don't even have the best of reputation either.

Gamestop following Blockbuster? 0 fucks given here

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast