Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    No but you did say as like, What if they did. I certainly just said the same thing with What if.

The thing is IBM was not has popular as windows is. During the 90s you had maybe around 10 million people or less using IBM.
    Windows is used pretty much for everything, its one of the cheapest best OS (Other then unix type OS) to use, given how many OEM build computers give it to you for free or less then 100$.
    Are you serious? Did you seriously just compare a hardware/electronics company to a software company like Microsoft? Sure IBM Made an operating system for the corporate environment (which by the way, OS/2 by IBM totally smoked windows NT)

Once again, just because everybody uses it, doesn't mean it won't fail. Myspace had millions of users when facebook only had a couple 10 thousand. Does anybody care about myspace these days?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

Trust me. Games always get bigger. A game from 2009 like final fantasy needed a blu-ray. For the xbox 360 it had to come on 3 double sided DVDs. Yeah, that's only filling half of a double sided blu-ray. But as time goes on so does video game size.

It's such an obvious trend. A game from 1991 is 512 kilobytes. Then all of a sudden in 1998 ( a cartridge based one) they are 25 Megabytes and up.

Even if they only were 25 GB games, you could install 20 max. And people DO buy a lot of games. I myself have dozens of gamecube and wii games. All which cost 50 dollars at the time
    You completely ignored the essance of my argument. The threshold isn't the hardware anymore - it is the funding. No company is going to have enough money to build a game that big. Ever. This is what Microsoft was trying to change.

The point is, all that new memory - all that processing power, the remote cloud. It needs to be filled with something. Just becuase its there doesn't mean filling it is free. There is a quote from a 3d environment artist below that explains that without DRM there is no way the studios will have enough money to fill the thresholds of new memory they are granted - i.e. the advancement is essentially pointless to any studio that isn't drowning in money.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Love how the first paragraph is a back-and-forth blame game between their internal team and the consumer lol..
    Well its always about the team, if you have a good team the chances are that the console its self will be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    You completely ignored the essance of my argument. The threshold isn't the hardware anymore - it is the funding. No company is going to have enough money to build a game that big. Ever. This is what Microsoft was trying to change.
    Why won't they be able to build a game that big?

Sure. I bet people developing games in the 90s thought the same thing. "If we don't even need all the space on our 200 megabit cartridge how could we even possibly fill up a 5200 megabit compact disk!?"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Are you serious? Did you seriously just compare a hardware/electronics company to a software company like Microsoft? Sure IBM Made an operating system for the corporate environment (which by the way, OS/2 by IBM totally smoked windows NT)

Once again, just because everybody uses it, doesn't mean it won't fail. Myspace had millions of users when facebook only had a couple 10 thousand. Does anybody care about myspace these days?
    Well you are the one who first tried to compare them by bringing up IBM in the first place.
    BTW you did know MS helped in making the IBM right? But I guess you still have not figured that out yet.
    Bill gates helped make the OS/2 it was Co-developed by IBM and Microsoft, it was intended to replace DOS.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 06-20-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Technology is getting more and more expensive because more and more people want a cut out of it.
    Not really, computers have gotten waaaaaay cheaper than what they were back in 2004, this is only happening with MS and such because so many people were hacking into xbox for xbox live for free as long as they want, and now Microsoft wanted to teach them a lesson about that with all these restrictions. But I think Microsoft noticed that you can fuck with over a 4th of the population like that.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Not really, computers have gotten waaaaaay cheaper than what they were back in 2004, this is only happening with MS and such because so many people were hacking into xbox for xbox live for free as long as they want, and now Microsoft wanted to teach them a lesson about that with all these restrictions. But I think Microsoft noticed that you can fuck with over a 4th of the population like that.
    Well if that was true then Sony would be doing the same thing, as many people have hacked their service, but only part is the service part seeing how you did not have to pay for theirs.
    But I would be still somewhat scared seeing how someone got access to everyone's private info, but I guess that can't be helped with Sony.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 06-20-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    So instead of letting us getting the best deals we can on our purchases by buying used games, to save money for idk maybe feeding our children/paying our rent, they want us to pay the price THEY want us to pay for their games so they can make up for the small percentage of the profit chains like Walmart/Gamestop/Target/Amazon/Microsofts marketplace feed to developers

Yeah, sounds fair to me
    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post
    So instead of letting us getting the best deals we can on our purchases by buying used games, to save money for idk maybe feeding our children/paying our rent, they want us to pay the price THEY want us to pay for their games so they can make up for the small percentage of the profit chains like Walmart/Gamestop/Target/Amazon/Microsofts marketplace feed to developers

Yeah, sounds fair to me
    What MS is saying summerized:

Here is all this new hardware. We know developers can't afford to utilize it and thus all this RAM is completely pointless unless you stop cheating them. So here is this DRM system. If you don't want the next generation of games and thus don't want to stop cheating the developers, then buy the PS4. It has all this fancy hardware no one will be using.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    What MS is saying summerized:

Here is all this new hardware. We know developers can't afford to utilize it and thus all this RAM is completely pointless unless you stop cheating them. So here is this DRM system. If you don't want the next generation of games and thus don't want to stop cheating the developers, then buy the PS4. It has all this fancy hardware no one will be using.
    I'm honestly all for supporting developers, and if i could I would buy games from them. But I only got my 360 less than 12 months ago from a pawn shop, as well as the only 3 games I own to this date. The developers, and the engineers behind the design of the new xbox, are pumping so much work into making a great gaming experience but no one is ever going to give them the credit they deserve because of the bad press they were getting. Trying to give the ones who can afford the best the greatest system to date is a shot in the heart for the ones who have to break their backs to afford it, because it seems like were getting taken advantage with all the extra charges.
    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Well you are the one who first tried to compare them by bringing up IBM in the first place.
    BTW you did know MS helped in making the IBM right? But I guess you still have not figured that out yet.
    Bill gates helped make the OS/2 it was Co-developed by IBM and Microsoft, it was intended to replace DOS.
    I know that It was co developed. But not the last versions, after microsoft stopped working with them and started making Windows NT. They had conferences comparing IBM's OS/2 Warp 4 (which at this point microsoft didn't develop with them) and The latest NT.

"MS helped in making the IBM"

Are you trying to say that Microsoft helped make IBM?
    IBM was established in 1911, microsoft in 1981.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

The price for value has pretty much stayed the same.

Spending 1000 dollars will have you playing the latest PC games well.

Spending 1000 dollars in 2004 would have you playing the latest PC games from 2004 well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I know that It was co developed. But not the last versions, after microsoft stopped working with them and started making Windows NT. They had conferences comparing IBM's OS/2 Warp 4 (which at this point microsoft didn't develop with them) and The latest NT.

"MS helped in making the IBM"

Are you trying to say that Microsoft helped make IBM?
    IBM was established in 1911, microsoft in 1981.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

The price for value has pretty much stayed the same.

Spending 1000 dollars will have you playing the latest PC games well.

Spending 1000 dollars in 2004 would have you playing the latest PC games from 2004 well.
    ​You've completely forgot about market inflation.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

​You've completely forgot about market inflation.
    Even if you converted it to 2004 value, you would still be getting a good PC

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

$1000 in 2004 money is around $851

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

My point still goes.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

​Please research computer prices throughout time.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast