Thread: HELP!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

HELP!

Hey guys. I could be in deep shit and i need help quick.

So, i decided to factory reset my Windows 8 PC. I did just this and went to the store. I talk to my grandpa and told him what i did and i would be in deep shit if i didn't cancel it. Well it was already at (3%) when i came home so i unplugged the computer, and it turned on and logged on. Then a message popped up saying "the system restore encountered some problems, nothing has changed" i was like okay. Except some of my shit was gone i was like "i can just re-install that" then i realized on most of my users shit was also gone. some files in System32 were gone so i was like "ill just have to go through with the system factory reset" i tried to ( keep in mind i got Windows 8 ) so i go to settings -> change PC settings, and it doesn't open up. I tried going to different users to try it out and it just wont open up. So i need help on what i need to do. Most shit wont open up anymore ( Devices manager, etc ) do i have to wait for stuff to return to the PC? ( keep in mind the pc said stuff didnt change ) and see if it changes? please guys i am in deep shit if i dont get this fixed.

NewsForce December 2015 - April 2016
    Premium Member April 2013 - Current
    MPGH Member March 2013 - Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Not sure why your grandpa cares what you do to your PC but, try using the repair settings on the disc/iso or system restore.

You could possibly lose stuff*

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Reinstall Windows and when you do it pick "Keep All User Data" option.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Not sure why your grandpa cares what you do to your PC but, try using the repair settings on the disc/iso or system restore.

You could possibly lose stuff*
    I dont have the disc, iso, etc. All that shit got lost. I tried opening restore and it says "systemrestore.exe" could not be found. It does that with most shit i try to open relating to the system. And this PC had some photos and phone backup on here i didnt know he had,

NewsForce December 2015 - April 2016
    Premium Member April 2013 - Current
    MPGH Member March 2013 - Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    No data is actually erased, unless you reach your hard drive capacity and its overwriting existing data when reformatting. You can undelete stuff deleted with software, google it, takes some time though.

The way you were going to reinstall win 8 takes a disc, I think, use it, if not download it.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylann- View Post
    Hey guys. I could be in deep shit and i need help quick.

So, i decided to factory reset my Windows 8 PC. I did just this and went to the store. I talk to my grandpa and told him what i did and i would be in deep shit if i didn't cancel it. Well it was already at (3%) when i came home so i unplugged the computer, and it turned on and logged on. Then a message popped up saying "the system restore encountered some problems, nothing has changed" i was like okay. Except some of my shit was gone i was like "i can just re-install that" then i realized on most of my users shit was also gone. some files in System32 were gone so i was like "ill just have to go through with the system factory reset" i tried to ( keep in mind i got Windows 8 ) so i go to settings -> change PC settings, and it doesn't open up. I tried going to different users to try it out and it just wont open up. So i need help on what i need to do. Most shit wont open up anymore ( Devices manager, etc ) do i have to wait for stuff to return to the PC? ( keep in mind the pc said stuff didnt change ) and see if it changes? please guys i am in deep shit if i dont get this fixed.

No now you're in deep shit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Could have just told grandpa to piss off and that it's your PC liek... Does grandpa even know how to use the mouse?

Thanks
    Why did you want to reset your PC, in the first place?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    No disk or installation device = No PC for a while

Just pirate Windows 8 and stuff it onto a bootable USB drive, it has to be at least 4GB tho.