Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

How to create .hfs files current to 1.19.2013

How to modify your own .hfs file
    I will go through how to modify your own .hfs file; I will use the file 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs, which is perhaps the most useful file, as an example. This sort of tutorial has already been done many times, but many common errors have been left out, or the steps are not completely current to this most recent hfssign, and a lot of people seem to still have problems.

What you'll need:

- Your desired .hfs file located in C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\hfs
    - Your UpToDateInfo.dat file located in C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US
    - Fovea's .hfs signer
    - AzuiSIeet's VZipFlip6
    - winrar, winzip, or something of the sort to edit/pack/unpack .zip files

Procedure:

1 - Create a folder somewhere; most easy is on your desktop. For this example we will use a folder on the desktop
    2 - Unzip the hfssign.exe and vflipzip into the folder on your desktop, and dump the .hfs file (in this example case 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs) and .dat file mentioned above also into this folder
    3 - Hold the windows key down and press R, and enter "cmd" in the run prompt to open a command prompt.
    4 - Type "cd desktop\<folder name>" without the quotes
    5 - Type either "vzipflip a" to convert all .hfs files within the created folder, or "vzipflip z 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs" to convert the one specific file, without the quotes. Leave the command prompt open for now, or if you close it, you must type "cd desktop\<folder name>" again.
    6 - Create a folder called 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B and unzip the contents of the newly created 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B_.zip into it
    7 - In this .hfs file, you can edit action_table_player.tx*****mp to change the damage of characters, or item_data.tx*****mp to change item values (like hp pots) and some random attributes of some SP skills, like cooldowns and SP costs. Edit whatever you desire
    8 - Copy the largest file, in this case npc_variations.txt, and paste it back into the folder. We must make the .zip file we are about to create larger than when we started for hfssign to work. Edit the copied file so that it is a normal .txt file (not a .comp file). Then hit ctrl+a and zip all the files into a .zip file. Alternatively to adding in an extra .txt file, you can also add in a .jpeg, or any non-.comp file into the .zip packing file list.
    NOTE: do not .zip the FOLDER, you must highlight all the files and .zip them. Depending on the software, usually the .zip file is titled the same as the parent directory folder, which we properly named in step 2.
    9 - Type "vzipflip h 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.zip" without the quotes into the command prompt you left open.. The 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B_.hfs file will be dumped into C:/, so you must drag it back into C:\<user>\desktop\<folder name>. Erase the _ at the end of the .hfs file name.
    10 - Type "hfssign UpToDateInfo.dat 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs" without the quotes into the command prompt.
    NOTE: if you want to edit multiple .hfs files, you must use the previously written .dat file. In other words, if you want to edit 3 .hfs files, you use the virgin .dat file (from the game download) to sign your first .hfs file. Then use that new .dat file when signing the second .hfs file, and so on.
    11 - Rename UpToDateInfo.dat.new to UpToDateInfo.dat If you are signing multiple files, use this newly created/renamed .dat file and perform step 10 with the different .hfs file names, in a consecutive manner that the NEW .dat file created from the previous signing is being used for the next signing, in effect "stacking" all the signings into the same .dat file.
    12 - Dump UpToDateInfo.dat file into C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US
    13 - Dump 763FD8F12D3D013194261D98B4AEF0FB0F6FBA1B.hfs into C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\hfs

NOTE: to recover the original settings (erase everything you've changed), simply delete the file CurrentInfo.txt in C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US

Common issues:

- hfssign.exe closes while trying to hfssign: Your .hfs file is either not titled properly, it is not big enough (add another .txt file before zipping up the files), you typo'd in the command prompt (omitting the .dat file, for instance), or you forgot to move the file back into the folder.
    - Error 36: something's wrong with your .dat file; make sure it's there (the one created with the .new extension that you renamed back to .dat) or start over and re-sign the .hfs file.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maddoggy00 For This Useful Post:

badgamerx (01-22-2013),Beatromix (01-23-2013),lynniexkinz (01-24-2013),reitsu (01-23-2013),Rezonance (01-30-2013),whydoisuck (01-21-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    im a little confused on step 8... can you clarify a bit more ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chirramy0 View Post
    im a little confused on step 8... can you clarify a bit more ?
    Fovea's hfssigner requires that the new file be larger than the old .hfs file. You just need to add A file (.jpg, .txt anything really other than .comp) into the packing list. The most convenient way to do this is just copy and paste one of the .tx*****mp files and remove the .comp extension.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maddoggy00 For This Useful Post:

chirramy0 (01-20-2013)

Thanks
    Hey maddoggy,
    I have a little problem. It seems that I cant seem to make the .zip file in formal .hfs again. In this picture I am trying to make another .hfs file, but it doesnt matter cuz the same thing appears when working with the .hfs file in your tutorial. Take a look:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Без име.png  

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Doesnt work on windows 7?

Thanks
    help please whit .zip to hfs i cant.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis1995 View Post
    Doesnt work on windows 7?
    It works with Windows 7. I'm using 7 and I've successfully done my own hfs edit. ^^

Spordi:
    You'll need to be a bit more specific there pal.

Thanks
    Can someone help me...I am sure spordi has the same problem as I have...check out my upper post for the details.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    When i type vzipflip a ,it does nothing and when i type vzipflip z (i gives me some bunch of errors)

Since im using windows 7, i cant store files randomly in default C ,maybe this is the problem...

Everything is fine ,i did no mistakes ,i even readed an old tutorial just to be sure

Something is wrong with my windows i think ,i even tryed on administrator cmd ,i even made vzipflip.exe on administrator ,and of course ,i even added hfs sign including the hfs file and the update.dat in vzip folder

WHATS THE PROBLEM?

Thanks
    #Problem solved.
    If anyone is having problems with turning .zip into .hfs file...enter the desktop folder you have created and right click on hfssign.exe
    and VZipFlip.exe then go Properies--->Compatibilies and at the bottom Check the box saying: Run as administrator or something like that. Then start the cmd normally and write the blabla vinzipflip h..... and it'll work
    Last edited by dra6komir; 01-22-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks
    Nice work maddoggy . I used this to create a OHK to Vindictus cn, but always when I kill the boss appears a message in chat and I cant finish the dungeon.Then I'll try to edit the hp of monsters to see if it works! you can tell me what hfs file i can edit this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by badgamerx View Post
    Nice work maddoggy . I used this to create a OHK to Vindictus cn, but always when I kill the boss appears a message in chat and I cant finish the dungeon.Then I'll try to edit the hp of monsters to see if it works! you can tell me what hfs file i can edit this?
    286.......hfs

Thanks
    Thanks bro!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post

286.......hfs

Maddogy ,can u tell me why it doesnt work to me? : P
    I did everything alright, tryed every way possible ,is my windows fault cuz i cant store files in C randomly ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis1995 View Post
    Maddogy ,can u tell me why it doesnt work to me? : P
    I did everything alright, tryed every way possible ,is my windows fault cuz i cant store files in C randomly ?
    Make sure vzipflip is in the same folder as the .hfs file, which in my OP I suggested to place on your desktop. Make sure you typed cd \desktop\foldername to change the directory you're trying to access before typing vzipflip a. Make sure your AV or firewall isn't blocking any of these processes. I'd suggest turning User Account Control off (in the control panel), this would have fixed dra6komir's issue as well. Chances are you made a simple mistake, rather than your OS is behaving erratically.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast