Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Could a demo recording function be used since this is a source game?

It would be cool to see some source filmmaker movies with this game.

More of a discussion on if this would be possible, then a request for a feature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    The game has built-in video record.

Thanks
    There's already thousands of vids on youtube for Vindi. Not sure what you want to do; may have already been done tho.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P4N1K View Post
    It would be cool to see some source filmmaker movies with this game.

More of a discussion on if this would be possible, then a request for a feature.
    If you mean source engine's demo recording feature, well you could try it out. I haven't tried it myself though. type in "record <name>" in the console

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    When I tested this like a year ago it would make your character disappear when reviewing the demo.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    When I tested this like a year ago it would make your character disappear when reviewing the demo.
    Did you view the demo in Vindictus itself or in a another source game? I think since the demo file doesn't actually contain the models or stuff you'd have to have all the materials and objects in source filmmaker or in the actual game. Is there a complete rip of all the models and objects in vindictus? I haven't played since being able to run over 300 labyrinth battles in succession without being banned.

Further thoughts:
    I don't know high level C++ but I understand how .dll and .h files work; but I was looking through tf2's bin file and noticed it had a fairly large file called replay.dll, which Vindictus doesn't have in its bin folder. I think that's the file that does the work for the demo recording and movie features of the source engine. I wonder if I would be able to copy replay.dll into Vindictus and that would clear up some of the issues with the character not loading. I mean, it probably uses the same class for armour and equitable's that tf2 uses for hats.

Edit:
    Could someone be kind enough to lead me in the direction of a newest updated VZipFlip download? Sorry :x I need the models so I can extract and view in SFM.

EDIT:
    Holy shit! it works! able to see my character and everything! I just need to get a copy of VZipFlip to successfully port this game into source filmmaker. Jesus christ this is awesome. I love this engine.

EDIT: EDIT:
    Okay so since I've successfully made a working .dem file; I'm now going to use VZipFlip to extract all the materials and models to Source Filmmaker. Expect a small monstrosity in a few hours. Oh god I have an idea of what I'm going to make.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:
    Alas I've hit a roadblock. I'm trying to extract all the files with VZipFlip and it won't preserve the file structure. The only way for me to get the stuff into source filmmaker at this point; is to painstaking copy and make new folders for each of the 1000 .hfs files I extracted. I don't know if the VZipFlip program has the ability to preserve file structure that I just don't see or if it doesn't at all. could someone help?
    Last edited by P4N1K; 08-20-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Ideas

Thanks
    There isn't any way to preserve the file structure as far as I know. Unless you could open the hfs files on a mac machine and see if it actually is a mac hfs filetype (and to see whether or not file structure was preserved) the only way to sort the converted files out is manually. Good luck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by s4itox View Post
    There isn't any way to preserve the file structure as far as I know. Unless you could open the hfs files on a mac machine and see if it actually is a mac hfs filetype (and to see whether or not file structure was preserved) the only way to sort the converted files out is manually. Good luck.
    I'm probably going to have to write a script to automate that. Strange how the VZipFlip dev didn't include it after 6 revisions of his code.