Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Looking into buying new soccer / football shoes.

So, I wanna buy new shoes for soccer / football, I do have one bare but they don't feel right on my foot..

I can wear 39 up 41 (I don't know how American's or UK's measure those things) but that's how we, Estonian's do it.
    I wanna buy new ones because of playing with friends 'n I could get some new ones but the choice is so big and these things are quite expensive like 50-70 Euros for a bare.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    Adidas for effort

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    so are you talking about soccer and american football or just soccer/football?

If your talking about two different sports then you will need two different pairs of shoes.
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara_Delevingne View Post
    So, I wanna buy new shoes for soccer / football, I do have one bare but they don't feel right on my foot..

I can wear 39 up 41 (I don't know how American's or UK's measure those things) but that's how we, Estonian's do it.
    I wanna buy new ones because of playing with friends 'n I could get some new ones but the choice is so big and these things are quite expensive like 50-70 Euros for a bare.
    Do you need to pick out a size or a pair of cleats?

I've been playing for a super long time so I know my stuff. Just ask me whatever

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post

Do you need to pick out a size or a pair of cleats?

I've been playing for a super long time so I know my stuff. Just ask me whatever
    I know the size, I just want to know the pair of cleats and what brand I should go with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    so are you talking about soccer and american football or just soccer/football?

If your talking about two different sports then you will need two different pairs of shoes.
    I'm talking about soccer (as American's call it) but we Europeans call it as Football, that's why I put both.
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I know the size, I just want to know the pair of cleats and what brand I should go with

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about soccer (as American's call it) but we Europeans call it as Football, that's why I put both.
    It depends if you want design/looks or performance...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Man™ View Post

It depends if you want design/looks or performance...
    How can you measure the shoe by its performance? Always thought those things come from your leg/foot when your running and hitting the ball for a goal.

I wanna mostly go with design/look, but if there's some sort of performance chance then idk.

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

How can you measure the shoe by its performance? Always thought those things come from your leg/foot when your running and hitting the ball for a goal.

I wanna mostly go with design/look, but if there's some sort of performance chance then idk.
    Some shoes are more comfortable, they're designed by professional podiatrists, it's made out of better materials, and help your feet not be sore after a long game. A shoe brand like that would be asics, I know they don't look the best, but they're incredibly comfortable at a decent price.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Adidas are comfortable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Man™ View Post

Some shoes are more comfortable, they're designed by professional podiatrists, it's made out of better materials, and help your feet not be sore after a long game. A shoe brand like that would be asics, I know they don't look the best, but they're incredibly comfortable at a decent price.
    I wanna have a comfortable shoe while having design.. Because the current one I have look 2001-ish soccer shoes and it really annoys me and after a long game my feet/legs turn so sore.

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wanna have a comfortable shoe while having design.. Because the current one I have look 2001-ish soccer shoes and it really annoys me and after a long game my feet/legs turn so sore.
    Sorry for not responding...

Anyways, the only brands that I trust are Nike and Adidas. Puma - Maybe...

Depending on your budget, you won't find anything thats comfortable for cheap.

Both Nike and Adidas cleats come in different versions of the same model. The cheapest, the mid range, and the pro grade. Obviously the pro grade is by far the most comfortable due to the upper and the sole plate.

The top two cleats currently are:

1) Nike Mercurial X
    2) Nike Hypervenom 2

So for the Nike Mercurial X you can get the second pro grade ones for around $150 USD and they are by far the best boots ever made. The pro grade versions of these are around $250 - $300 and the only difference is the Flyknit tech and sock. But the $150 versions are solid and they are a ton of color ways.

So I would recommend the Nike Mercurial X...

The Hypervenoms are good too but they dont have a secondary pro grade version the Mercurials so you're either getting the pro ones or the shitty ones.

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post

Sorry for not responding...

Anyways, the only brands that I trust are Nike and Adidas. Puma - Maybe...

Depending on your budget, you won't find anything thats comfortable for cheap.

Both Nike and Adidas cleats come in different versions of the same model. The cheapest, the mid range, and the pro grade. Obviously the pro grade is by far the most comfortable due to the upper and the sole plate.

The top two cleats currently are:

1) Nike Mercurial X
    2) Nike Hypervenom 2

So for the Nike Mercurial X you can get the second pro grade ones for around $150 USD and they are by far the best boots ever made. The pro grade versions of these are around $250 - $300 and the only difference is the Flyknit tech and sock. But the $150 versions are solid and they are a ton of color ways.

So I would recommend the Nike Mercurial X...

The Hypervenoms are good too but they dont have a secondary pro grade version the Mercurials so you're either getting the pro ones or the shitty ones.
    I'll see what I'll have at the local store and if I'm capable I'll be sure to snap some pictures at the store so I can come here and post them to have some thoughts, my budget next month is about 170 Euros, not a lot but should be enough to have something 'good'

As far as I have seen, our local store has Adidas and I'm sure about Nike, Imma go to the store today to try out some of them to see if I can find something which will fit my feet.

I'm so into soccer lately, I don't watch it because I have no way of seeing it at the moment, at one point I was trying to get to the soccer training course for a club but the trainer never came, which I find a little dick.
    Last edited by Charion; 09-20-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll see what I'll have at the local store and if I'm capable I'll be sure to snap some pictures at the store so I can come here and post them to have some thoughts, my budget next month is about 170 Euros, not a lot but should be enough to have something 'good'

As far as I have seen, our local store has Adidas and I'm sure about Nike, Imma go to the store today to try out some of them to see if I can find something which will fit my feet.
    Yeah with your budget I would get the Mercurial X

Remember when you try on the cleats they aren't broken in. Basically ALL cleats will feel hard and stiff. Breaking in takes around a week or so

I've used Adidas and Nike in the past and the best cleat that felt the best was the Mercurial X. Once you put them on and play for a few minutes you can immediately feel the material mold to your feet, it's truly amazing. The weight is really light as well. You'll have amazing touch if you go with those boots.

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I'm so into soccer lately, I don't watch it because I have no way of seeing it at the moment, at one point I was trying to get to the soccer training course for a club but the trainer never came, which I find a little dick.
    good luck

And what do your current shoes look like?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    My friend who plays for varsity soccer had this.

He had no problems using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast