Thread: Appendicitis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Appendicitis

2 days ago.. I had this horrible stomach ache.. didn't know what was the cause I just kept throwing up and felt like absolute garbage.. I was able to withstand it at this point though. Called my boss and told him I wasn't feeling well... and when I got back that I'm going to go home (I have my CDL so I was out on a run).. but anyways I get back to the shop and head home.. at this point I've ate nothing because of how nauseated I was.

I decided to lay in bed and sleep to try and get rid of this stomach ache hoping when I woke up that I'd feel better. I kept waking up every 30 mins, overly tired and drained because I haven't ate anything all day (I bodybuild and eat 3500+ calories a day).. so me literally not even getting in 100 calories was putting my body into shock.

11:30pm comes by and I wake up and it literally feels like my side is being stabbed and I couldn't even get out of bed. I called my girlfriend and told her that she needed to take me to the ER.. we got there and they rushed me into surgery before my appendix ruptured. This was my first time ever having surgery so I kinda shit myself. But I get the surgery done.. wake up and try to piss and it burns like I'm trying to push out Razor blades out of my cock.. come to find out that stuffed a catheter up my junk..

Wasn't able to eat solid foods for 3 days... lived off Jello and chicken broth.. so now I'm on the recovery stage and can't weightlift for approx. 3/4 weeks. I'm aiming for 3 because I'm already going insane.

But overall.. good recovery. Guess the only reason I'm writing this is because I'm bored out of my mind and don't have shit to do.. have a week off work and nothing to do with it. But yep.. that's what I've been up to...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    That sounds like something I'd never want to go through. What causes a ruptured appendix anyhow?

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by MagniHova View Post
    That sounds like something I'd never want to go through. What causes a ruptured appendix anyhow?
    That's what I wondered when they told me that's what it was. Your appendix becomes inflamed due to bacteria. It becomes infected by your poop... and if it becomes too inflamed it will burst sending bacteria all in your stomach... which leads to a huge surgery and a longgggg recovery time.. it's actually fatal if ruptures and you don't take care of it in time... so when my girlfriend told me that I had all the signs for appendicitis I told her to take me and I'm so glad she did.

Because if she would not have said anything to me I would have just kept laying in that bed waiting for that stomach ache to go away.. but it did to get a point where it literally was not right.. and I knew something was really wrong. I had to walk to her car like a grandpa.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Holy fuck, feel sorry for you bro.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I would have probably just tried waiting it out like you lol...but damn....Glad you are in recovery now and getting better though!

Always be aware of impostors, ask for verification by having the person send you a message on MPGH.
    Please do not waste my time & your time with useless messages. These will be ignored and actions will be taken.

Make sure to read the MPGH Rules & each Section STICKY for extra information and rules that apply for that
    specific section.
    *Please confirm my Identity before any transaction* If you have any questions, please feel
    free to contact me using the links Below.Please make sure to SEARCH your question using the following link first
    |Search |
    Useful Links >> |MPGH Rules | Report A Scammer | How to MPGH | Market Place Rules |
    Contact Information >> | Private Message | Visitor Message |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Obey View Post
    it burns like I'm trying to push out Razor blades out of my cock
    How descriptive

something similar happened to a friend of mine, didn't come to school for two weeks.

Hope you get a speedy recovery

Thanks
    My sister had this too, and she got it removed in surgery, and her recovery was a month only. Glad to hear that your recovery is going just fine, are you still in the hospital or did you already got out?

minion: 2019-yes
    minion+: 2020-2022
    inactive as shit sorry boys

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    3/4 weeks. I'm aiming for 3 because I'm already going insane.
    I know exactly how you feel, I've had a weird pain in my side (not a terrible pain) that's just been dull and annoying so I think it may be a hernia. Which means I won't be able to lift as much. I body build as well and it annoys the fuck out of me when I can't go to the gym.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Black's Sheep View Post
    My sister had this too, and she got it removed in surgery, and her recovery was a month only. Glad to hear that your recovery is going just fine, are you still in the hospital or did you already got out?
    I got today. The pain from surgery is still there.. but at least it does not feel like someone stabbing me in the right side of my stomach anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post

I know exactly how you feel, I've had a weird pain in my side (not a terrible pain) that's just been dull and annoying so I think it may be a hernia. Which means I won't be able to lift as much. I body build as well and it annoys the fuck out of me when I can't go to the gym.
    Could very well be a Hernia.. I've actually got one of those too but it's so minor that it's not worth repairing. They even told me that when I went for my appendix because they could have done that as well while they were working on my appendix. Hernia's are a bitch if they pop though gotta be careful with those.

I've just been eating whatever foods I want and haven't been going to the gym so I feel like a fat lard now lol. 3 weeks won't kill my 5 years of progress but it'll set me back that's for sure. When I go back I'm starting off at llike 50% then moving my way back up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I got today. The pain from surgery is still there.. but at least it does not feel like someone stabbing me in the right side of my stomach anymore.

Could very well be a Hernia.. I've actually got one of those too but it's so minor that it's not worth repairing. They even told me that when I went for my appendix because they could have done that as well while they were working on my appendix. Hernia's are a bitch if they pop though gotta be careful with those.

I've just been eating whatever foods I want and haven't been going to the gym so I feel like a fat lard now lol. 3 weeks won't kill my 5 years of progress but it'll set me back that's for sure. When I go back I'm starting off at llike 50% then moving my way back up.
    Can you do like calisthenics in like 2 weeks or is that still too early?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post

Can you do like calisthenics in like 2 weeks or is that still too early?
    I go for my follow up tomorrow to see a doctor so he can tell me my limits and how strong the recovery is coming along.
    I would assume so. But in 2 weeks I hope he says I can do some weight lifting. Even if I DB press 100 pounds for reps just to work something ya know? I'll def be skipping leg day for awhile cause that would be a lot of strain there.

Thanks
    I feel for you bro. I have never experienced this myself but my Brother had this happen and looked like a Cancer patient for about a week after the surgery.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by grudsom View Post
    I feel for you bro. I have never experienced this myself but my Brother had this happen and looked like a Cancer patient for about a week after the surgery.
    I felt like one when I couldn't eat food and the amount of pain I was in. I felt like a stick.... things are much better though. I'll be back to my usual routine 2/3 weeks so I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Sounds like fun... on the bright side getting back to the gym will feel great in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Glad you're ok man. Sounds terrible man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast