Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Buying PS4 accounts - should I change login info?

So I have bought a couple of PS4 games online from consoleros and then consogame.. The other day I then bought a game from an account seller here on mpgh.net.. That was when it became clear to me that the accounts, at least sometimes, seem to belong to someone else and are being sold without the knowledge of them. I guess that is why you have to deactivate all devices and set your own ps4 as primary when you get the account (So they cant change it back until 6 months). So my question is, IF you buy an account like this, should you change their login information (Email/password) from sonys website? Or should you "just" deactivate all devices and set your own ps4 as primary for the next 6 months? What is recommended for keeping the games you have bought as long as possible?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Don't change the info buddy, that way the owner will get an email from witch he will be able to change the password and deny access to you

Thanks
    But can he still remove my ps4 as primary if he get such an email to change the password? Im asking because I have already changed both the email and password for my accounts. But I wont change anything in the future..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    generally it is not good tactic to change the details, next time you buy an account you shouldn't change passwords, most probably you won't lose the games and the account will remain primary but you won't be able to log in to it to download any other game in it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Omegalos For This Useful Post:

bromi88 (09-13-2016)

Thanks
    Alright. But lets say I dont change password and username, I still have to set my own PS4 as primary which deactivates the owners ps4. So I should assume he will not be buying any more games anyway since he cant use his own account as primary?

And when he finds out that someone has set his account for primary on another ps4 - wont he just change the password instantly? will I still have acces to the games he has on it even though he changes password?

Sorry if my questions are obvious. This is all new to me..

- - - Updated - - -

And can I ask for your own experience with ps4 accounts? How many have you bought? How long did they last etc?

Thanks
    i hvae bout about 6 i got gta when it first came out and im still able to play it now mate, it doesnt matter if he changes his password mate once u log in to the account and activate as primary make sure u never log back into and you will be good to go

Thanks
    Awesome. Did you change login info? Have the owner bought anymore games since then that you have been able to download too?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qAstro View Post
    Awesome. Did you change login info? Have the owner bought anymore games since then that you have been able to download too?
    no mate never change the details just log in to account activate as primary , log out go to Sony website log in using the details go to download list and download the game you bought, i never went back onto the account after that not worth the risk of losing the game

Thanks
    aww I should never have changed the login information.. Lets see how long until i lose my games then

Thanks
    aww I should never have changed the login information.. Lets see how long until i lose my games then
    just dont log back into the account u might be safe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by bromi88 View Post
    no mate never change the details just log in to account activate as primary , log out go to Sony website log in using the details go to download list and download the game you bought, i never went back onto the account after that not worth the risk of losing the game
    Mate, you sound so British lol...

Thanks
    Another user asked this in another thread but no one have answeres him. Anyone knows? --> When PS4 2-Step authentication is known about, what impact will this have with already acquired accounts? When the real account owner enables it, it signs out all devices. Will the games still work if the acquirer doesn't try and sign in to it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    When you buy the games off MPGH think of it as a single-use Download. all you are supposed to do is deactivate on website,login ,activate,grab your goodies,sign out then forget about the account dont try to touch it again or you risk a very probable license loss as they can still call sony and have them deactivate if they were hacked.
    If Ive Helped You Hit That Thanks And/Or Reputation Button Please!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to a7xowns For This Useful Post:

qAstro (09-13-2016)

Thanks
    oh i see.. Would you suggest me to change the login information back on the accounts then? So the owners get acces to them again??
    Last edited by qAstro; 09-13-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks
    oh i see.. Would you suggest me to change the login information back on the accounts then? So the owners get acces to them again??
    No in my opinion its too late. Next time don't change info on account thats rule #1 when buying these types of accounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast