Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Real shatter here, stupid impostor... i-imgur.com/RJHDvGI-jpg Can't post links add http shit and put .'s

No i'm not lying I forwarded it straight to deca through closed testing at the time the dev that took action upon it was new and i'm not sure if other devs would have acted on it with out question. The guy had been a pain to the USW server and by far the most toxic person on it for a good month, I got tired of it took some screening and that was that. Either way fuck that guy, well deserved ban

Quote Originally Posted by 645 View Post
    Why do you have an mpgh account?
    Saw that other guy claiming to be me using hacks so I made one

Quote Originally Posted by wctops View Post
    just because he is a member on mpgh doesn't make him a hacker.

traktion uses mpgh and he is one of the biggest hacker vigilantes in the game right now.

This
    Last edited by 059; 11-20-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by PKTINOS View Post
    They could make logs based on the day (name new .txt files based on the date of the day) and easily search thru their files to find something, assuming the date of the incident is provided.
    That along with some filters as to block log-flood by repeated messages would make it possible to have logs from a considerably good period of time.
    But still, we have the video reports which are something so stupid all we need to accuse someone are footage cuts in vegas.
    just stop. come with me son.

Thanks

That's true, if I send an image with a guy saying something in the chat, they can take the date and confirm it. With a single GB they can store 3649635 lines of text, and one GB should be nothing for them, so they could store all of the text from the start of the game, a million is a big number, I don't think more than a couple tens of million messages have been send or even less. (?).

If the guy reporting someone else doesn't provide the date of the incident though, it would be pretty hard to search thru all the files, otherwise it should be fine.

So they could store the chat if they wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

They could make logs based on the day (name new .txt files based on the date of the day) and easily search thru their files to find something, assuming the date of the incident is provided.

I am pretty sure bots would flood up those log files to incredibly large sizes and the amount of people that spam words in the chat box would make it really big aswell, It isn't really worth it for deca to keep a chat log when the game is constantly filled with people who spam messages all the time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mknight1215 View Post
    I am pretty sure bots would flood up those log files to incredibly large sizes and the amount of people that spam words in the chat box would make it really big aswell, It isn't really worth it for deca to keep a chat log when the game is constantly filled with people who spam messages all the time.
    You could easily make a program search through all the text files in a particular folder for one sentence without breaking anything.

(using windows search would not be help as it lags etc)

So I don't see why that would be a problem. Besides, key words like .com etc can be identified and removed before written to the log
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Congratz for not even reading the thread before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Plus22 View Post
    That along with some filters as to block log-flood by repeated messages would make it possible to have logs from a considerably good period of time.
    But still, we have the video reports which are something so stupid all we need to accuse someone are footage cuts in vegas.
    But who knows what the hell deca has been doing.

Thanks
    Congratz for not even reading the thread before posting

I did read the thread and understand how dumb the system is atm but I disagree with the idea that deca should keep logs, I think a report function in the game would be more effective, if you report someone only their logs should be recorded then investigated

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I did read the thread and understand how dumb the system is atm but I disagree with the idea that deca should keep logs, I think a report function in the game would be more effective, if you report someone only their logs should be recorded then investigated
    Yeah, that would make screencap reporting safer. But talking about our current system, Deca is definitely aware that people can fake situations and try to trick support. If someone got banned just because of a screen picture, they surely store chat logs somehow, probably with filters.

Thanks
    Yeah, that would make screencap reporting safer. But talking about our current system, Deca is definitely aware that people can fake situations and try to trick support. If someone got banned just because of a screen picture, they surely store chat logs somehow, probably with filters.
    eh I think I am going to test it soon to see if they actually keep logs, I don't believe deca even cares about that tbh, if they are banning people off screen caps and videos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I don't believe deca even cares about that tbh, if they are banning people off screen caps and videos.
    Remember when Deca gave free UTs for players who claimed they lost it in the massive vault glitches?

@everyone, don't act like you got Deca "by surprise" by trying to abuse this shit.
    They obviously knew that people would start to abuse it, that's the reason there wasn't any announcement saying that they were open to item requests. That's for people who legitimately lost items to be able to recover their shit (because people who really lost items would be the first ones to send tickets, in general) and then close the requests when things got messy. It wasn't a dumb move.
    Everyone felt like they were the smartest kids around because Deca apparently "didn't predict teh liars". Of course they did, but it was likely planned as I explained in my comment above. I wouldn't underestimate the company that much.

Meanwhile, video reports still suck ass

Thanks
    Meanwhile, video reports still suck ass
    You know how you get kicked if you do things like speedhack? Why don't they simply have a cheat counter saved on your account, and if it gets too high, ban? Some of the original dev's decisions are baffling.
    My Vouches
    Having an issue with RotMG? Check for the solution here.

Need Realm items? Come to RealmStock!

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards
    Selling ST Sets, Class Top Sets, Life Pots, and much more!

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
    You know how you get kicked if you do things like speedhack? Why don't they simply have a cheat counter saved on your account, and if it gets too high, ban? Some of the original dev's decisions are baffling.
    Then we can make a virus that scans processes for FlashPlayer.exe and "speedhacks" it and gets people banned.
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Outdated stuff I made in the past:
    Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

Thanks

Then we can make a virus that scans processes for FlashPlayer.exe and "speedhacks" it and gets people banned.
    Oh good point, but just more reason to not get your account stolen.
    My Vouches

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
    Well I think that you, as a coder, should know the reason why something like that wouldn't work. We have laggy people playing the game, and they always seem to teleport through everywhere. The only time devs do something like that is when there is absolutely no way legit people are getting punished, like the packet-spam dupe and the "drop shit out of the sprite world map border" dupe, because there's no way for non-hacking players to do that.

Thanks
    Well I think that you, as a coder, should know the reason why something like that wouldn't work. We have laggy people playing the game, and they always seem to teleport through everywhere. The only time devs do something like that is when there is absolutely no way legit people are getting punished, like the packet-spam dupe and the "drop shit out of the sprite world map border" dupe, because there's no way for non-hacking players to do that.
    Well there's no way your client sends the same time value twice either but 0 speedhack works.
    My Vouches

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well I thought that you, as a coder, would know the reason why something like that wouldn't work. We have laggy people playing the game, and they always seem to teleport through everywhere
    Laggy people playing the game "teleport through everywhere"?

Get movepacket send time, get next movepackets send time get previous location and current location, compare them with the players speed, time, and distance moved. You can easily tell if it's a legit movement.

The reason you get disconnected when you are lagging, is because you are not responding to multiple of the servers NEWTICKS, not because you "move away too fast and the server thinks you teleport"
    . .
    PS: "They seem to be teleporting everywhere" That doesn't mean anything. Your client doesn't care, and the server knows that those laggy player are lagging, and they are not teleporting, that they could accomplish the movement they made in the given time. You see them teleport, because they didn't send MOVE packets for a period of time, so their location didnt update. Then, they send a new one, and it updated, by a lot. The server however, that can see their old packet time + new packet time, and that can compare them, knows they are legit. (assuming thats how the server works, which is likely)
    Last edited by New; 11-23-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    New

Current Project:
    SimpleExaltHack

Outdated stuff I made in the past:
    Famebot
    Clientless tradebot
    RotMG ping checker
    Zautonexus crack

16. The Following User Says Thank You to New For This Useful Post:

059 (11-23-2016)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast