Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

The fuck is wrong with my comp?

So I don't know what the problem is. I used speccy to show you all the specs, but for the CPU it says its almost 80c when hardware monitor shows 20-30c... I'm so confused. Which one is correct?

But anyway, I don't know why this happens? When I play games like Shadow of Mordor for hours on end I have never once got a black screen. That would be a GPU problem if it did happen but I have gamed for hours and never gotten a single black screen. But when I am just browsing the internet and stuff I randomly get a black screen. Mainly when I was on the Twitch app, it did it a lot.

So what would usually happen before black screen, the audio would be fine but my screen would start bugging out, vertical lines across the screen and a weird purple color would fit the entire screen along with those lines on it, or it will goto a full on black screen but the audio would still be playing then the audio will loop and computer freezes. once I restart my computer it goes back to normal. WTF is the problem? Is it Windows 10?

I get the error code 4101
    "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in my event viewer and also kernel power errors.

CPU
    AMD A8-7600 71 °C (Doesn't say that on hardware monitor might be a glitch)
    Kaveri 28nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 810MHz (10-10-10-30)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A88XM-D3H (P0) 36 °C
    Graphics
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Gigabyte) 10 °C
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 370 Series (MSI) 37 °C
    CrossFire Disabled
    Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA) 39 °C
    1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1230 USB Device (USB (SATA)) 39 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB
    Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device
    Always confirm you are talking to me. I will always accept the request for proof from anyone. Beware of impersonators.

Thanks
    Hey, sorry to hear you are having problems with your computer, what kind of power supply are you using?

A common issue with black screens, and one that I suffered with for months is that the computer is consuming more power than your supply can deliver causing some irregularities. When you find the power output of your supply, you can use an online calculator to see how much you will need.

In my case, I had added a couple of hard-drives to the system which made it totally unstable for particular tasks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldSox For This Useful Post:

usabtc (03-20-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldSox View Post
    Hey, sorry to hear you are having problems with your computer, what kind of power supply are you using?

A common issue with black screens, and one that I suffered with for months is that the computer is consuming more power than your supply can deliver causing some irregularities. When you find the power output of your supply, you can use an online calculator to see how much you will need.

In my case, I had added a couple of hard-drives to the system which made it totally unstable for particular tasks.
    It's just some basic 500W power supply. Do you think that's too low for my computer?
    Always confirm you are talking to me. I will always accept the request for proof from anyone. Beware of impersonators.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sassmaster2000 View Post

It's just some basic 500W power supply. Do you think that's too low for my computer?
    I couldn't say for sure, but after putting your pc specs into a power supply calculator I got a load wattage of 480W, which is damn close for your 500w power supply.

Also, your power supply may not be reliably outputting the 500W it is rated for - particularly if its older than a couple of years and/or cheap made.

No guarantees, but I would recommend a new power supply of 700W from a good company. They aren't super cheap, but they aren't expensive either. If you keep the box nice, you would be able to return it if it doesn't solve your issue.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    What's brand of your PSU?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Here is a link to the power supply calculator https://powersupplycalculator.net/ I think your power supply is not beefy enough, If you can unplug your spare drive and CD/dvd rom drive see if it helps the you know for sure its the powersupply.

Thanks
    Maybe the lines of your power supply are failing ... would be good if you can run the computer with a borrowed PSU.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    sorry for the problems...is your computer still continuing with prb?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sassmaster2000 View Post

Did a change in power supply resolve your issues?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    *UPDATE*

I have currently been very busy IRL and haven't found the time to do anything with my computer until now. I am following the advice given by you guys and I ordered a nice EVGA 600 watt bronze 80+ power supply i think that will fix my issue. should be coming monday ill let you know if it fixes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    So I have replaced my old one. So far no problems.. yet. It may have fixed my problem but that remains to be seen

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Final update.

Turns out it was my GPU all along. Replaced it with a 1050 ti as I wanted to upgrade anyway. So if you are getting problems like me, it is most likely the GPU if you have ruled out the psu cpu etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cruel For This Useful Post:

GoldSox (04-01-2018)