Thread: Yo Christians

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Sorry the naivety of children just gets me sometimes. Its just silly how people think that doing away with religion will actually solve anything.
    Oh yeah, doing away with the world's greatest source of discrimination, fighting, and negativity is really such a terrible thing....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Oh yeah, doing away with the world's greatest source of discrimination, fighting, and negativity is really such a terrible thing....
    I'm agnostic, and sure I may bash Religion alot and say how bad it is, but denying the fact that Religion is partly good basically makes you just as bad as them,
    Religion gives people morals and hope, if you look at a religious person you see how giving and kind they are.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadian For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (07-01-2012)

Thanks

Sorry the naivety of children just gets me sometimes. Its just silly how people think that doing away with religion will actually solve anything.
    I don't think we shoul do away with religion in general, just those traditionalistic fucks who blow shit up in the name of "god" i myself believe in god but I hate seeing people who believe you need to "confess to deacons" and "blow this up get 72 virgins" and whatnot. I don't get why people have to be stubborn with their own individual religions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-01-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

I'm agnostic, and sure I may bash Religion alot and say how bad it is, but denying the fact that Religion is partly good basically makes you just as bad as them,
    Religion gives people morals and hope, if you look at a religious person you see how giving and kind they are.
    Religion on it's own is OK, but organized religion is where the shit-storm starts and everything goes to hell. (Pun intended. xD)

The problem with religious people is that they are only giving and kind to others that believe in the same religion as them. (Most of the time that is.)

Plus you don't need the bible to teach you that killing and stealing are bad and etc. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So by that logic, we should eliminate race?

You see its pretty silly to blame an idea, one which you don't even believe in and think is ridiculous, for the "greatest source of descrimination".

Its like blaming black people for racism. Just doesn't work.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

So by that logic, we should eliminate race?

You see its pretty silly to blame an idea, one which you don't even believe in and think is ridiculous, for the "greatest source of descrimination".

Its like blaming black people for racism. Just doesn't work.
    Isn't that more like blaming white people for racism since Christians start most of the fights? I mean, people can believe in whatever they like, if they think there's some man living in the clouds that has a list of 10 things he does not want them to do, and if they do any of those 10 things they'll be sent to hell to be tortured and lacerated and etc. for all of eternity; then they can think that.

My problem lies with 2 types of Christians: 1. The type that thinks you're an idiot for not believing in what they believe and thinks that you'll be sent to hell for your sins.

and even worse

2. The ones that try to force you to believe in their stupidity.

And the organized religions are run by people who are both of these combined. That's my problem with religions, Christianity in particular but they're all pretty dumb. If the believers just believed and left it at that, it would be fine, but sadly they don't. (Don't even get me started on the great, joyous times of the holy wars and the crusades.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    None of that will stop dude. It's in out nature.In many ways humans are worse than animals.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

None of that will stop dude. It's in out nature.In many ways humans are worse than animals.
    It would be a start I guess. :S I believe that maybe, one day (maybe not some day soon), but some day, that we will be able to live peacefully. Well, at least without physical violence. If we stop the people that support that, that's our first step right?

I mean, this is a hard thing to think about, for me at least. Not even I'm 100% sure about it all, but hopefully one day we'll have "peace".

Sadly, you may be right though. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There is a billion and one simple excuses to hate another. Thinking that by eliminating one it will do any good is just folly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

^heheh, south park > you..
    Last edited by Empire; 07-02-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifts Bitch View Post
    If God exists Why does he let everyone fight, kill and maim each other?
    He sounds like the ideal man to look up to.
    how man of you read the bible?
    How many people did he kill?
    How Many people did Satan Kill?
    I saw a really good demotivational poster a while ago.
    It showed a football player pointing to the sky after he scored a touchdown
    It was captioned with
    God, because he's there to help you on the sportsfield but not fight for your country

So Can one of you Christians please answer my questions, that is all.
    A bit late to jump in on this. I will first re-phrase to what I think you're asking... "why does bad stuff happen to good people", or "why does the God of the Christians claim to love people, yet let nearly universally-defined "bad" things happen to people?"

To directly answer your question on what the Bible says (you have to first realize in the answer a presupposition is that the Bible is true):

God created humans with intelligence and free-will to choose to love him and obey him. He set up his boundaries and consequences, and we chose to ignore him and decided we knew best for ourselves. Sin is the result of our pride, and it is a chain-explosive effect that now can never be erased or calmed globally, at least until the Bible says he will return to intervene.

The reason God has not intervened now is because of why he created us. He created us to glorify his work. If you are unfamiliar with the word "glory", watch how in the film Gladiator the idea of the "glory of Rome" is used. The Bible teaches the main purpose of our life is to become more like Christ - an untainted example of God's glory. If we do not have the option to choose whether or not to follow him, it would be like having a baby that has the mind of a programmable robot. Teaching the robot to learn and do something with their life would be empty, because it would simply do what we told it to because that's all it can do. It is indescribably joyous when your kid does something good and with integrity because they chose to on their own.

Hope this helps!

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    There is a billion and one simple excuses to hate another. Thinking that by eliminating one it will do any good is just folly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

^heheh, south park > you..
    It was said in South Park, it MUST be true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until Christians stop trying to force me to believe in their little fairy tale and stop telling me that I'm going to "hell" for not believing in the biggest bullshit story known to man I will not start thinking that organized religion should be allowed.

The truth is it's the biggest bullshit story known to man and has been used to lie to countless amounts of people over the course of time, and is still being used today. If it's gone it's one BIG chunk of shit gone. Sure, there may be other reasons that people would hate each other, but none of those are NEARLY as big as organized religion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It was said in South Park, it MUST be true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until Christians stop trying to force me to believe in their little fairy tale and stop telling me that I'm going to "hell" for not believing in the biggest bullshit story known to man I will not start thinking that organized religion should be allowed.

The truth is it's the biggest bullshit story known to man and has been used to lie to countless amounts of people over the course of time, and is still being used today. If it's gone it's one BIG chunk of shit gone. Sure, there may be other reasons that people would hate each other, but none of those are NEARLY as big as organized religion.
    Could you stop acting like a little bitch already?

I mean seriously, you come into every thread, blame religion or the government for EVERYTHING and then just bitch and whine the entire thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think religion is untrue and a lie? Cool, good for you.
    ----------------------------------------

But blaming it for anything is stupid. Religion is an idea(one that you do not believe in) and unless you believe the idea should be punished and not the criminal, your argument is invalid.

Its just odd to me how you go on and on in every other thread about how the government is corrupt, but your solution here is to eradicate people for believing in a belief you do not share.(or you could insist that you merely want to take away the possibility of religion which wouldn't actually work and oppression is always cause for rebellion, or maybe you think to "educate" people on how religion is fake? Oh but then you'd be taking the exact stance as the religious you so claim to hate).
    ------------------------------------

The funniest thing about your bitching is that you are so young that you simply blame everything on everyone you can. Its childish really.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Could you stop acting like a little bitch already?

I mean seriously, you come into every thread, blame religion or the government for EVERYTHING and then just bitch and whine the entire thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think religion is untrue and a lie? Cool, good for you.
    ----------------------------------------

But blaming it for anything is stupid. Religion is an idea(one that you do not believe in) and unless you believe the idea should be punished and not the criminal, your argument is invalid.

Its just odd to me how you go on and on in every other thread about how the government is corrupt, but your solution here is to eradicate people for believing in a belief you do not share.(or you could insist that you merely want to take away the possibility of religion which wouldn't actually work and oppression is always cause for rebellion, or maybe you think to "educate" people on how religion is fake? Oh but then you'd be taking the exact stance as the religious you so claim to hate).
    ------------------------------------

The funniest thing about your bitching is that you are so young that you simply blame everything on everyone you can. Its childish really.
    No, I don't blame religion and the government for EVERYTHING. I blame them for what they have done. These threads are ABOUT religion and the government, who the fuck should I blame, Scarlet Johansson?

I have no problem with religion, or people believing in whatever the fuck they want. What I have a problem with is those people trying to force their beliefs on me, AND when people misuse religion to convince the masses to do what they wish. coughthefuckingusgovernmentcough

My solution has NEVER been to eradicate anyone, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with EDUCATING people, if you're against that you're beyond stupid. Teaching people that the fairy tale people have been using the lie to them and get them to go along with stupid shit is not a BAD thing and is very different from the "religions I claim to hate". (Which teach this dumb bullshit in the first place.)

Like I said, people can believe whatever they want, the point when I draw the line is when either:

A. They try to push these beliefs onto me.

or

B. They try to use this stupid bullshit to convince the masses of their shit.

Other than that I don't give a shit, but that's not stopping anytime soon, so neither am I. Sorry, deal with it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No, I don't blame religion and the government for EVERYTHING. I blame them for what they have done. These threads are ABOUT religion and the government, who the fuck should I blame, Scarlet Johansson?

I have no problem with religion, or people believing in whatever the fuck they want. What I have a problem with is those people trying to force their beliefs on me, AND when people misuse religion to convince the masses to do what they wish. coughthefuckingusgovernmentcough

My solution has NEVER been to eradicate anyone, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with EDUCATING people, if you're against that you're beyond stupid. Teaching people that the fairy tale people have been using the lie to them and get them to go along with stupid shit is not a BAD thing and is very different from the "religions I claim to hate". (Which teach this dumb bullshit in the first place.)

Like I said, people can believe whatever they want, the point when I draw the line is when either:

A. They try to push these beliefs onto me.

or

B. They try to use this stupid bullshit to convince the masses of their shit.

Other than that I don't give a shit, but that's not stopping anytime soon, so neither am I. Sorry, deal with it.

Dude in what thread here haven't you come in and say shit like "the government is corrupt" or "christians do ________ and lead people to war"

Its pathetic really, because you JUST did it again.

We all know you don't do shit about it, but you constantly(CONSTANTLY) bitch about the government and religion.
    -------------------------

How about you just make a thread saying religion does w/e, the government is corrupt, and stop bitching about both in every fucking thread you enter.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast