Thanks

Vindictus/Mabinogi: Heroes CN Client Start-Up Issues

Hello everyone!

So I recently just installed the Chinese version of Vindictus/Mabinogi: Heroes, but I'm having a rather large issue with getting the game to finally launch so that I can actually make a character and get started.

I've properly installed, updated, manual patched, and patched the game, have successfully selected a server, logged in, and gotten the launcher to follow through, but once I get to the Nexon logo splash image in the client, the client stops responding and then automatically closes. This is a clean version of the client -- there are no other additions to the client. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, editing and deleting the CurrentInfo.txt file, and now I'm on my fourth (4th) re-installation and I plan to not use the manual patch this time around and see what happens.

I'll update this thread if either my issue is solved or if it still persists.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    What version of Windows are you on?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What version of Windows are you on?
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    And I'm still having the same problem :c
    Last edited by okairi; 11-12-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    It might be Vista. I can't really tell but some ppl had problems with my hacks and Vista, for unknown reasons. Try the compatibility mode (XP).

Thanks
    It might be Vista. I can't really tell but some ppl had problems with my hacks and Vista, for unknown reasons. Try the compatibility mode (XP).
    It doesn't seem like it should be a problem since I can run Vindictus from NA-Nexon perfectly fine :|
    I'll try and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Yeah, it didn't work :l
    I even made sure to run as administrator, just in case...

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Now the client closes after it gets to the last splash image...So...I GUESS that can be considered "progress"...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by okairi View Post
    It doesn't seem like it should be a problem since I can run Vindictus from NA-Nexon perfectly fine :|
    I'll try and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Yeah, it didn't work :l
    I even made sure to run as administrator, just in case...

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Now the client closes after it gets to the last splash image...So...I GUESS that can be considered "progress"...
    I have had severe issues with Vindi on XP since the August patch when the game noticeably required more PC resources to run. I'm convinced Vindi won't work for everyone on XP or Vista now (it may work fine for some, but it's not reliable). I think your best bet may be getting windows 7; if you go to college your school probably will sell a legit key to you for $10. Don't get 8... still too many bugs and pretty much sucks.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post

I have had severe issues with Vindi on XP since the August patch when the game noticeably required more PC resources to run. I'm convinced Vindi won't work for everyone on XP or Vista now (it may work fine for some, but it's not reliable). I think your best bet may be getting windows 7; if you go to college your school probably will sell a legit key to you for $10. Don't get 8... still too many bugs and pretty much sucks.
    But...I've already mentioned that I'm playing NA-Vindictus without any problem whatsoever. I've yet to experience any major bugs in the NA version, so technically the CN server should be no different at all.

Anyways, I just restored my computer to its condition in early October, so I'll see if there was something else that caused my issue.

Thanks
    But...I've already mentioned that I'm playing NA-Vindictus without any problem whatsoever. I've yet to experience any major bugs in the NA version, so technically the CN server should be no different at all.

Anyways, I just restored my computer to its condition in early October, so I'll see if there was something else that caused my issue.
    You're assuming all the game patches are exactly the same, which is most likely not the case. Like I said, I think XP/Vista works for SOME people, but not consistently. So you may just be lucky using Vista with NA, but it is experiencing glitches with the CN version that many see.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post

You're assuming all the game patches are exactly the same, which is most likely not the case. Like I said, I think XP/Vista works for SOME people, but not consistently. So you may just be lucky using Vista with NA, but it is experiencing glitches with the CN version that many see.
    Ah, I see... thanks for the explanation.
    I may have found the source of my problem though... The CN setup only took as long as the NA version to download which is really strange for a computer like mine. After starting a brand new download, I found that it would take MUCH longer to download the file. The file must have been corrupted when I first tried installing, so I'll try with my new file and see what happens...once I complete the download and installation, haha.

Thank you for your input so far. I'll update after I finish c:

Thanks
    Nope. Nothing's working :l

After a week of trying, I think I might as well just give up and stick with the NA version...despite how horrific everything is. Especially voice acting and lag ( > _ >)

Thanks
    Nope. Nothing's working :l

After a week of trying, I think I might as well just give up and stick with the NA version...despite how horrific everything is. Especially voice acting and lag ( > _ >)
    They'll fix the lag, no worries. In some years.