Thanks

Smile Crossfire windowed in-game tutorial (edited)

Cool Crossfire In-game Window TuT
    This is a pretty simple nine-step tutorial to get crossfire to play in a window, I haven't tested it on Vista simply because i've become tired of using it and i've switched to XP. So I'm not sure how it would work using Vista but i can assure you it works with XP.

FIRST: Download a program called DxWnd which i'm sure some of you are familiar with.
    www. m e d i a f i r e .com/download.php?vjnntgi3lnl

SECOND: Open DxWnd, then remove any existing entries unless your computer's main drive has a "D" drive rather than the usual "C".

THIRD: select the edit drop down menu and pick add, You should see "..." beside a white empty space. click on the "..." button and go to your C:\Program Files\Subagames\CrossFire\ folder then select "CF_G4box.exe" press open Then press "ok"

Once you select the file make sure to click on the "automatic" button. If it doesn't work then try directX 9 and 8 but i recommend automatic since it works for me.

FOURTH: do the exact same method as above but select the "crossfire.exe" file instead of CF_G4box.

FITFH: Close DxWnd and reopen it again to make sure your settings are still there.

SIXTH: Make sure DxWnd is left open and start up CF, once CF is done loading you should see it in a window covering up half or most of your screen.

SEVENTH: Find a way back to your desktop by either selecting the minimize button or pressing the windows logo button +D on your keyboard and you should end up on the desktop.

EIGHTH: right click your desktop and select properties. Then go to the settings tab and choose the default resolution that your computer is usually at. (Mine is at 1280x800)

NINTH: either alt+tab back to crossfire or select it on the taskbar. Let it load for a couple seconds and CF should be in window both In-game and in the lobby.

And that is it, But each time you want to start CF in a window you will have to startup DxWnd with it and select your resolution.
    Also if the windows shape ever becomes to wide while playing, alt-tab to a different program and alt-tab back to CF. I haven't experienced any problems, but it may be glitchy since its not exactly professionally made for CF if you know what i mean.

Thanks
    Don't make a new thread. edit your old one.

Thanks
    I tried but it's not letting me edit it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    does it work with vista?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ok ill try later, how about dx10?