Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    (You're not going to learn how to program from a forum, have to go read)
    I did./filler

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

I did./filler
    You probably knew some basics already though, amirite? Or at least you didn't learn on this forum.
    Last edited by LilGho$t; 02-17-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Give them a tutorial on the basics and tell them where to find out the more advanced things.
    google? any book(or .pdf!)? At present, OP has more questions than answers. He needs to read, anything.

@OP your original post sounds like you want a mentor.****** of luck, but in reality, probably won't happen..
    In the future, I will go out of my way to help you, if I can, but explaining "how do I hack" is just too vague. Please learn some background info (keywords..I can't explain them all..) then come back and ask informed questions. g.l. mate.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-17-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGho$t View Post
    You probably knew some basics already though, amirite? Or at least you didn't learn on this forum.

I didn't know anything before I came to this website. I read up on a thread on how to hack flash games and then I was hooked. I gradually learned VB and C++

Now I can make aimbots and what not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    I didn't know anything before I came to this website. I read up on a thread on how to hack flash games and then I was hooked. I gradually learned VB and C++

Now I can make aimbots and what not.
    And you've read hundred and hundreds of pages from dozens of books (pdf etc), searched hundreds of websites and code demos, right? Even if it didn't make sense at the time, you kept reading, and eventually the pieces fit together better. ? Most people have the "tldr (too long, didn't read)" attitude, and just want "it to work" which isn't the same as "learning it."

The question of "where do I begin" has been asked (and answered) a million times. Sorry I didn't make it 1,000,001. Common sense would have made him google it and read a little.

OP wants a personal tutor; be my guest. I shouldn't have said anything in the beginning. I regret it I tried to answer 1 of his questions (though it wasn't marked as a question..), and he replies with "well...howz." :/ No.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-17-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGho$t View Post
    I knew virtually no programming before I came to MPGH. I'm not claiming that this forum taught me everything I know, that'd be a blatant lie. However, it was a good place to get started (emphasis on the was; the community here has gone to shit since).

I still haven't read a full book (e-book or otherwise) on programming, but I do often read programming articles and blogs and watch the occassional seminar or vlog. People who just tell beginners to "go buy a book and read it a lot" are being lazy and naive; there are plenty of ways to learn, not all of which involve buying (no piracy amiright) a single dedicated book and reading it from cover-to-cover. That shit is boring with a size 72-font capital fucking B. I would never have gotten into programming if I'd had a 500-page book of C shoved in front of me and been told "there read that".

Don't get me wrong, books can be useful, but I often find they're more useful as a reference or source of supplementary information. If you're looking for serious depth in a particular area (i.e writing subsystems from scratch, or understanding the really low-level aspects of programming) books can be fantastic.

I think the closest I ever came to reading a book on programming was last year when I read a sizeable portion of Matt Pietrek's book "Windows 95 System Programming Secrets", which was about some more in-depth aspects about the Windows system (which I was really interested in at the time). I also read about 15 pages of "Head First Java" before I got so bored I quit.

How people learn is very dependent on what kind of person they are, though. One approach to learning doesn't appeal to everyone. I'm more of a "jump in the deep end and learn to swim later" kind of learner, whereas others may find reading a boatload of theory before even opening an IDE as their kind of thing. It's personal preference and really depends on how YOU learn best, not how other people tell you to learn best.

++Latest Projects++
    Simple PE Cipher
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

Hassan (02-21-2013),NextGen1 (02-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    A book will teach you all the concepts, in an organized format.
    Yes, some sites and videos will do the same, but since books are sold for money...they authors have a reason to make the book good : youtube videos have no quality control (nor do some publishes I guess, but..).

Learning about data type (variables), functions, subs(since we're in vb), byref/byval, loops, etc etc, is all learned quite nicely via reading. Sure, there is probably some youtube video covering (basically) the same info.

I agree --> The entire reason I got into programming was because a friend sent me a cheezy app made in vb6 that when you typed in the correct password, it popped up his picture. Until that moment, I didn't realize any normal person could make software so easily. A few days later another person sent me a working example of the Winsock control and a basic '2 way chat' program and I was hooked. I had the source saved in a .txt file and I re-wrote the same program 4-5 times over 2 weeks and by the end, I had just "picked up" what declaring variables was etc, but then I read a C++ book to understand the OO concepts behind it, and lot more of the background details about memory. I'm not saying he can't learn from a forum, just that it's...not the best way to go about it. Unless you get fortunate and have someone guiding you every moment of the experience.

"I still haven't read a full book (e-book or otherwise)" -- you've read, weather book or not I found that hard to believe. I don't read cover-to-cover, word for word, but I try to pick up the major concepts (or at least understand what they're supposed to be, even if I don't fully understand them). I skimmed over ~200 pages of a Visual C++ book the other day because I'm getting into Visual C++. No I didn't read the entire thing, because I already knew what I was looking for...I read the details/nuances about declaring variables/ arrays, etc etc. Mostly just "language specific syntax/capabilities". To each his own.

I've only read the 2 vb ones cover to cover, and most of the php one. I don't remember everything (or even half) the book said, but now I'm familiar with a lot more 'concepts' and when someone says "have you heard of ______" I might not know the details, but at least I've heard of it, and put some effort into thinking about it.. :| Learn the basics before you try to be h4xor.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    "I still haven't read a full book (e-book or otherwise)" -- you've read, weather book or not I found that hard to believe.
    I never said I haven't read, I've read a LOT. However, not from a single source like a book. I don't enjoy learning in a perfectly scultped, linear manner like a book gives you. I enjoy getting my hands dirty and coming back and learning more when I need the extra capabilities.

Also, I should clarify what I meant when I said I learned from the forum. I don't mean I logged in and read tutorials on the forum. Back in the day, there were a lot more people active in this section, quite a few of which were really quite advanced and most of which were great people. When I had problems, I could just put up a question on the forum and expect to get at least a few really good replies explaining exactly where I was going wrong and how to fix the issues I was having. It was also a great networking source, I made quite a few contacts on MSN who I could chat to about programming and learn from.

Now, hoever, the forum is dead. The majority of people are just here to get their injectors working so they can release them and collect credit or want a quick-fix solution to a program they have clearly no idea about. All the old regulars pretty much left to do their own thing, and I miss that.
    @Hassan @Void @Virtual Void @why06 @Hell_Demon @Blubb1337 @B1ackAnge1 @zeco @258456 @Jetamay @freedompeace @Melodia @Alen @Gab @.::SCHiM::. @'Bruno @Arhk

I miss everyone. I couldn't remember BA's username (too many 1's) so I did a quick search and found some of the old threads he posted in, what happened to the community?
    Last edited by Jason; 02-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.

++Latest Projects++
    Simple PE Cipher
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (03-08-2013),Hassan (02-21-2013),Hell_Demon (02-18-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    "...I could just put up a question on the forum and expect to get at least a few really good replies explaining exactly where I was going wrong and how to fix the issues I was having." That's how it's supposed to work OP's op was vague and poorly written. I hate to say it, but it is what it is.
    I've seen a few of those users recently, apparently they're not all gone

-I'm guessing 50% of the releases here are malware (or hello world): I was hoping there was a community, I've yet to make a judgement.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-17-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I've seen a few of those users recently, apparently they're not all gone
    They kinda are gone... this section used to be different. meh.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post

They kinda are gone... this section used to be different. meh.
    Every thread used to have a lively, coherent and more importantly ENGLISH discussion. Now it's just broken English, squabbling and leeching. Fuck the system.

++Latest Projects++
    Simple PE Cipher
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Every thread used to have a lively, coherent and more importantly ENGLISH discussion. Now it's just broken English, squabbling and leeching. Fuck the system.
    that is why I left/quit minion...

And its kinda nice to see that the current minion has like 40 posts total in programming, out of 3k or something.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ya i totally miss the programming section. You guys are basically the people that drove me to explore new areas of programming like hacking, irc, winsock and such. It was an exciting time but honestly, as you guys keep saying, there isn't anything exciting going on. There aren't people who are actually inquiring about an honest error in THEIR OWN code. Now it's just copy and pasters who come over to ask where they should put their semicolons or people who code "hack bases" and don't understand that they must put an end-quote (") when they open quotes. Even then, you probably shouldn't have strings in your "hack" so it isn't easy to figure out what you are doing when people attempt to decompile your dll.

So i guess this whole rant was me trying to say, I miss you guys haha. @Hassan @Void @Virtual Void @why06 @Hell_Demon @Blubb1337 @B1ackAnge1 @zeco @258456 @Jetamay @freedompeace @Melodia @Alen @Gab @.::SCHiM::. @'Bruno @Arhk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 258456 For This Useful Post:

B1ackAnge1 (03-08-2013),Hassan (02-21-2013),Jason (02-18-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I'm still here as well, B1ackAnge1 was alive and kicking when I checked on him like a year ago(fuck, time flies.... Need to check again).
    Reason I'm not into mpgh anymore is that like jason and the others have stated nearly every question here is "How 2 fix mi leechens?!"
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast