Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question About Vindictus Hacks

I understand as of now there are no public hacks, and I am not begging for any, I am just curious to the coders of MPGH...

Has anyone found a way to make a working hack for vindictus?
    And if so, is there proof?

I am just wanting to know if there is a chance there could be hacks soon, and if there is, Coders would obviously enjoy it for themselves before they release it...

Once again I am NOT asking for hacks, I am asking for INFORMATION!

Good luck to all the coders, for you will be a hero if you find a way.

(PS. Could a coder explain what nexon did to stop the old hacks in there tracks??)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastalol View Post
    Has anyone found a way to make a working hack for vindictus?
    And if so, is there proof?
    It's not like Nexon patched any methods. Only the actual hacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    @Nico So does that mean you just stopped making the console? and from there everything went to shit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastalol View Post
    @Nico So does that mean you just stopped making the console? and from there everything went to shit?
    You know, consoles were never my thing to release. I just did that for a short time because no one else wanted to. I stopped releasing the god/ohk mod aswell, for several reasons. But since there aren't many ppl outside that know how to make either, there are no hacks on here at the moment.

Thanks
    I don't think there will be any new release for this game anyways, and I totally understand that since Nexon patch the hacks every 3 days so fuck off

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyman95 View Post
    I don't think there will be any new release for this game anyways, and I totally understand that since Nexon patch the hacks every 3 days
    Yea, thats one reason.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyman95 View Post
    I don't think there will be any new release for this game anyways, and I totally understand that since Nexon patch the hacks every 3 days so fuck off
    i've made hacks, that do things alot differently from the old methods e.x. "Consoles", and if they were to find my methods they would go through hell fixing them, because it would require them to recode parts of their engine and i honestly dont believe they'd go through the trouble.

i havent released cause i use the hacks personally, and dont want to be involved in any retards bullshit showing off in public etc etc

the only person who has pretty much the most recent version of my hacks is nico, and thats only cause we'll sometimes work on some stuff together.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, I am very glad that Nico gave his time to code us the hack..
    @Nico @coldreader @uglyman95

I just wish I knew how to code the hacks for this game, I don't even know what language it is in, I believe it is C++.
    I mean, me personaly, If I knew how to code it, I would release my own, but sadly I lack the knowledge necessary for such a task.
    Last edited by mastalol; 03-24-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Please stop using the word "code" to refer to something other than the written implementation of a program. Code refers to the actual lines we programmers write. We are not "coders", we are programmers. We do not code, we write code.

OT:

Hacks are still existent and they will never be impossible to make. The problem is that, by nature, hacks become widespread so fast that it becomes very easy for Nexon to detect and block them. Furthermore, this becomes an annoyance to the hack developers as they must find workarounds to bypass the detection. Within a few days or weeks, this cycle of bypassing and becoming detected repeats and it becomes a huge sacrifice of time in order to keep the hacks undetected.

Quote Originally Posted by mastalol
    I just wish I knew how to code the hacks for this game, I don't even know what language it is in, I believe it is C++.
    I mean, me personaly, If I knew how to code it, I would release my own, but sadly I lack the knowledge necessary for such a task.
    Writing hacks isn't to difficult... One will need some knowledge of programming and must be able to write in C++. It should also be noted that a programmer will need to know how to use the Windows API Libraries to hook into other processes. By no means one should attempt to start writing hacks if they do not have proficient skills in programming: they will only end up becoming frustrated with themselves for wasting countless hours, days, even weeks without knowing what is logically wrong with the program. One must first understand the logical thought process and semantics of implementing a program before attempting to write the program in it's formal syntax. Programming itself is not difficult to learn; however, it does require a lot of time and fooling around with code to fully master programming concepts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Please stop using the word "code" to refer to something other than the written implementation of a program. Code refers to the actual lines we programmers write. We are not "coders", we are programmers. We do not code, we write code.

OT:

Hacks are still existent and they will never be impossible to make. The problem is that, by nature, hacks become widespread so fast that it becomes very easy for Nexon to detect and block them. Furthermore, this becomes an annoyance to the hack developers as they must find workarounds to bypass the detection. Within a few days or weeks, this cycle of bypassing and becoming detected repeats and it becomes a huge sacrifice of time in order to keep the hacks undetected.

Writing hacks isn't to difficult... One will need some knowledge of programming and must be able to write in C++. It should also be noted that a programmer will need to know how to use the Windows API Libraries to hook into other processes. By no means one should attempt to start writing hacks if they do not have proficient skills in programming: they will only end up becoming frustrated with themselves for wasting countless hours, days, even weeks without knowing what is logically wrong with the program. One must first understand the logical thought process and semantics of implementing a program before attempting to write the program in it's formal syntax. Programming itself is not difficult to learn; however, it does require a lot of time and fooling around with code to fully master programming concepts.
    ^ this, and having some sort of background in some form of reversing helps, especially knowing you way around Ida

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I would get 50 messages a day when the console was detected. None when it wasn't.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blahblahblah... boring semantics nitpicking. Both words are perfectly fine to use. It's proper english either way and both words are colloquially used. I would like to stress that programming is not the foundation of hacking and that it is actually mostly about reverse engineering. So what if you can access another processes memory space? You won't do anything useful unless you know exactly where to look.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fovea View Post
    Blahblahblah... boring semantics nitpicking. Both words are perfectly fine to use. It's proper english either way and both words are colloquially used. I would like to stress that programming is not the foundation of hacking and that it is actually mostly about reverse engineering. So what if you can access another processes memory space? You won't do anything useful unless you know exactly where to look.
    So basically, you have to disassemble the game dlls and find where a function starts and then write a .dll that hook it with yours? Just a global idea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You have to disassemble the game code, which does not necessarily mean it's a DLL. Afterwards you just have to somehow modify how the information is interpreted, whether it is by hooking the function (doesn't matter where in the function), editing a variable accessed by the function, editing an external source that is read into memory (hfssign), etc. Of course there are preferred methods, but it really depends on the situation.

Whatever method you choose to modify the memory is up to you, it is not limited to DLL injection (e.g. CE).

Thanks
    The problem is that CE won't work with Hackshield. You can do a lot just by hooking funcs in this game.