Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Exclamation New AVA Wiki Editor Needed - Apply Here

There is a position for a new AVA Wiki Editor for the taking. Applications are to be posted as replies in this thread.

Requirements:

•You must have good knowledge of the English language, and have good written English.

•Must have time to create/edit content and maintain the wiki

•At least 0 posts. That's right.

•You must complete a 30 day trial before getting Editor (This may happen sooner if we think you are doing very well).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your job:

•Complete tasks within the given time

•Constantly keeping the wiki up to date

•Structure and format content

•Upload missing information, extend existing pages

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits:

• [IMG]https://i1322.photobucke*****m/albums/u567/stevecbns/35i6lno_zpsad8b58f3.png[/IMG] <----This tag
    •Coloured username and larger Avatar
    •Name/Title change at any time (Minimum Requirements Must Be Met)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application format:

•Name:

•Time available:

•Reasons why you should get this position:

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor?

Any spam or wrongly formatted applications will be deleted by @Flengo or other Minions. Please do not PM me about this, and apply on the thread.

Good luck all!

Application are open for about 5-6 days so everyone has a chance to read it.
    Last edited by Flengo; 06-05-2013 at 01:16 PM.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Riddick For This Useful Post:

3xP' Crystal (06-02-2013),6ixth (06-06-2013),aznfreak93 (06-04-2013),daniabid (07-04-2013),Duffman.. (06-03-2013),Exotiic. (06-03-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (06-01-2013),FloatZel (06-01-2013),Frought (06-01-2013),GlowingStone (06-02-2013),gorno01 (06-01-2013),igal1212 (06-02-2013),[MPGH]Mayion (06-01-2013),Symmetrical (06-02-2013),The Conjurer (06-01-2013),Twin Cities (06-06-2013),zZzeta/S (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    •Name: Ahmed Sabry

•Time available: like 6-7 hours per day in holiday for sure , 3 hours per day in school.

•Reasons why you should get this position: Because I wanna help the community at least for 1 time.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? Yeah , I think that so.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frought For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Mayion (06-01-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Name: George Sillett

Time available: From the 13th June about 8 hours a day for the whole summer. Before 13th June about 4 hours a day (but it's almost the 13th June anyway so it won't be for long).

Reasons why I should get this position: I have a great interest in AVA and would love to be able to both maintain and improve the wiki. I am English and am very good at writing informative paragraphs and would be able to correct grammatical errors and bad English that is added to the wiki with ease. I have A*s in both English language and English literature GCSE's and would try my best to maintain the wiki to a good standard. I have been playing AVA for over a year now therefore I have a good knowledge of the game.

Do I wish to complete the 30 day trial? Why not? It sounds quite fun!
    Last edited by gorno01; 06-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorno01 For This Useful Post:

WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Name : Shay Rash

Time available: Like 4-5 hours in a 1 day

Reasons why I should get this position: i know a lot about AVA and i would like to share it with the community

Do I wish to complete the 30 day trial? Yes i think i can do it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FloatZel For This Useful Post:

Apr0SeX (06-02-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    •Name: Marcus Kane.

•Time available: 4-6 hours a day.

•Reasons why you should get this position: Since i joined MPGH, I've just seen some great people helping the AVA sections by so many ways, writing guides, helping people and guiding them where to post, etc. I started learning from them, and then I've done so myself. And since I've been playing AVA for a long while now (1 year or so after it's first release.) I've some knowledge in AVA that can help other people. I am willing to contribute to the WIKI, getting it bigger and better, explaining every little detail to every player of AVA.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? Ofcourse.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ArkhamJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    •Name: Alaric Mestres

•Time available: Depends, 1 or 2 jours by day in the week if I want & in the week-end at least.. 3 or 4 hours (school period). Much more in holidays.

•Reasons why you should get this position: It has been a long time that I wanted to help this community with my 4 years of experience in AVA (Yes i was there when the only weapons in shop where the noob weapons, G36, P90, remington, & tpg). I know many, many things about this game, and helping people with that is all i'm waiting for! In addition, I have a nice english and I'm the further it goes, the better I am!

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? Why not? Doesn't matter to me, if I apply to this position it's because I'd really enjoy it. A tag doesn't make the difference.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by GlowingStone; 06-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Riddick
    zZzeta/S
    AVA PlaYe
    Chrome Boy
    SteelSkinz
    ccman32
    Jabberwo0k
    Akinator
    Comanderr
    [D]opeDog
    Prepix
    Lehsyrus

MPGH member since 29/12/2012
    Dedicated to AVA section since 29/12/2012
    AVA Editor from 09/06/2013 to "i don't remember"
    AVA player since.. it's beginning!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GlowingStone For This Useful Post:

3xP' Crystal (06-02-2013),Duffman.. (06-08-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (06-01-2013),Maxedout (06-02-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013),zZzeta/S (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    •Name: Mikelle Cruz-Bandin

•Time available: Since our school starts tomorrow i go active for like 3-4 hours but when there's no school i am 4-7 hours in the computer.

•Reasons why you should get this position: As you can see i am here since 2011 and i was inactive that day , so when i came back here i wanna be a part of something big that i am worth staying for , School starts tomorrow and my parents are really strict to me so they have decided that i can only use computer 3 times a week but when i will be picked for this position i will make sure that those 3 days i will make sure that my job as a editor is done, thats why being an editor means everything to me now and i will grab this opportunity so i can be part of something in this forum site and i will make sure that i will do all of the best i can to satisfy the members and to prove to the other staffs that i totally worth the position.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? If its necessary for being an editor , why not?

Goodluck to everyone.
    Last edited by The Conjurer; 06-02-2013 at 04:29 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Conjurer For This Useful Post:

Duffman.. (06-06-2013),[MPGH]Mayion (06-01-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    •Name:Rene Rager

•Time available: about 10 hours per day! I dont have a Job im currently at school so i have more Time!

•Reasons why you should get this position: Im active at AVA and at this Forum (MPGH)

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? YES!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaBanda For This Useful Post:

11blackmelone11 (06-09-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    •Name:
    Simon "Fluxie"
    •Time available:
    Enough. 2+ hours a day, if neccesary I can put all my free time into this, but I doubt that you'd have me write 4 000 words a day.
    My grammar and spelling is probably the best out of these people and I've experience with writing articles, etc.: I know how to write Wiki style.
    I also have a lot of knowledge about AVA, I've played since ~October 2009, even though I'm not the best in this game (not even good, lol), I know a shitload about it.
    Deadlines to me are deadlines; they aren't jokes or "or sry, i forget, cuz busy wid school u kno?". I won't make any promises that I'll NEVER fail, but I shall put effort into getting stuff done before the deadline.
    Aside from that, I think that it'll be fun.
    Why not? I want to see how much time it actually takes to do stuff, if it isn't too much pressure, I'd love to become editor.
    And I HAVE to do it to become Editor.
    Plays League/MW2/BF4/CSGO/Overwatch/Hearthstone.

AVA is a great memory.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluxie For This Useful Post:

11blackmelone11 (06-09-2013),FloatZel (06-03-2013),Maxedout (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    •Name: Vincent "gotswagx"

•Time available: I am a person with a lot of free time. I am usually available for more than 5 hours everyday. On weekends, I can be reached pretty much at any time of the day. Like I said, I have a lot of time.

•Reasons why you should get this position: The reasons why I think I should get this position is because I believe I can be a great contributor to the AVA Wiki Team. I have been playing this game since Beta and I play the game on a regular basis. I can say for myself that I am pretty good at the game itself and have a great deal of knowledge on AVA. I spend around 3-6 hours at least playing almost everyday. I am currently in the 11th grade proceeding to the 12th grade of my high school years. I am in AP English (Advanced Placement English), and have a great deal of knowledge in the written English language. I can take on deadlines and respect other members. I am a person that defends myself when I see the need to. I have faced many deadlines and I can say my I have rarely missed one. I will be able to listen to the high staffs and contribute wherever I need to.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? Yes, I will like to do this. I would like to see how it feels and the kind of work i'll have to do. This would be a nice sort of "test".
    Last edited by Flengo; 06-04-2013 at 07:53 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exotiic. For This Useful Post:

11blackmelone11 (06-09-2013),Maxedout (06-02-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Johntheawe's Application

•Name:

•Time available: Every day Monday - Saturday from around 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Depending on if I get a job this summer. That would change the schedule a bit...

•Reasons why you should get this position: I have experience in wiki editing, I have never been able to be apart of the A.V.A Wiki, and I love mpgh and the community.
    I have also played this game pretty much since it was released (WAY Before it was released on Steam...) I am a freaking Grammer freak... LITERALLY! People hate me for it. I also love helping people and making new friends.
    I'm also great at smashing deadlines.
    •Do you wish to complete a 30 [day] trial, before getting Editor? Sure. There isn't a single reason not to
    Last edited by johntheawe; 06-02-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Forgot like 2 things

22. The Following User Says Thank You to johntheawe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    •Name: Brandon.

•Time available: 10 Hours a day.

•Reasons why you should get this position: I want this section to grow and be active.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor?: If you want to, yes.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Duffman.. For This Useful Post:

6ixth (06-06-2013),FloatZel (06-03-2013),Frought (06-04-2013),TheAbortedJr (06-04-2013),Ommok (06-05-2013),PandaBanda (06-06-2013),tasioydhs (06-04-2013),wGRWGHWGRERGrgergergrg (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    •Name: Kevin Hui

•Time available:

I am currently taking summer classes at a university right now, and will be needing time for projects and assignments (Computer Science major, so lots of projects). I can allow at the very least 2 hours per day, and possibly more depending on the situation and whether assistance is needed immediately.

I am available:
    Monday to Friday
    -- 12 PM to 2 PM EDT (tentative)
    -- 5 PM to 10 PM EDT

Saturday and Sunday
    -- 12 PM to 10 PM EDT

Important Note: On July 20th to August 22 (roughly) I will be out for vacation to stay with family in Malaysia in a rural area. So there will be very little to no internet access during this time for me to contribute (assigning the 30 day trial before the trip is possible).

I have played this game around the time AVA was introduced in Steam. So I have roughly 2 years of experience in the game, and enough to provide information. I still play up to this day and would now like to do something outside of the game. I feel that this job opportunity is a great way for me to be involved in something productive while I pass some extra time. I would also like to receive this position because I feel I can help make the wiki more presentable, and in the current state that this wiki is in, it could be better. However, this is up to the staff and I am still open to anything that is still needed.

I am able to participate in the 30 day trial. I think this is a great way to determine what strengths and weaknesses I may encounter when being committed to the wiki. This will also help solidify any doubts in the time schedule I may have.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to aznfreak93 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    •Name: Mohamed El Masoudi

•Time available: 4-12 hours a day. Yes you heard it right, but that is just for now couse i have vacation but most of the times i'm on for 4 hours

•Reasons why you should get this position: I know alot about editing, i did make a tutorial for war thunder (I will become hopefully editor over there too) And my english is quite good but i always dubble check when writing in wiki or importent things like that.

•Do you wish to complete a 30 trial, before getting Editor? Yes.

War Thunder tutorial

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/701-war-th...2-tactics.html

Hope to hear from you guys soon @Riddick

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DutchAirForce For This Useful Post:

Frought (06-05-2013),[MPGH]Mayion (06-04-2013),Twin Cities (06-04-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    •Name: Mazen Ashraf

•Time available: After 16 days (I have exams) I will be available for 4 months, I will be free like 15 H. a day

•Reasons why you should get this position: i really don't know what to say here but I will do a great job because I will be free most of my day. (That is not my first account in MPGH) that is all I could say.

- yes, i am ready to complete a 30 days trail

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zone40 For This Useful Post:

Frought (06-05-2013),WaterfrontSaint (06-07-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast