Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

[Discussion] Monthly Contest

I was thinking of doing monthly contest , But I was looking for suggestion from you guys on what to do it on and what the rewards should be.

Suggest below, No spam please

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Cyeclops (11-09-2013),krazyshank (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Most original release? Rewards could be life/mana/rainbows or tops. Anything for fresh content AMIRITE.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beex For This Useful Post:

Royce (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    We could encourage ingenuity and have a contest for coolest/most unique client minihack.
    But for something that everyone could do no hack related? I got nothin

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to krazyshank For This Useful Post:

Royce (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Duke View Post
    Most original release? Rewards could be life/mana/rainbows or tops. Anything for fresh content AMIRITE.
    Wow we said the same thing

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

8. The Following User Says Thank You to krazyshank For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyshank View Post
    Wow we said the same thing
    #wow #whoa thonks kronk good post

But rly, it prolly just shows how badly we need fresh content.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beex For This Useful Post:

Tachyonic (11-13-2013)

Thanks
    I don't think this section's community is expansive enough for a competition like this to be much fun. Bluntly put, there are not many active, skilled RotMG hack developers, so a "Most Original Release" contest would not be very competitive. I assume the purpose of the monthly contest idea is to hopefully increase forum activity and fun. I would enjoy participating in a RotMG hacking challenge, but the competitive aspect would not work. If you prefer to go in a different direction from challenges or contests, you could try organizing a community project, such as a MPGH exclusive hacked client, or anything else really. Of course, that would only work with enough talented and motivated people willing to contribute, and as I already said, there are not many active RotMG hack developers. If you can find a way to make any activity interesting, I would gladly give it a shot and encourage others to join in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DeVoidCoder For This Useful Post:

Royce (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVoidCoder View Post
    I don't think this section's community is expansive enough for a competition like this to be much fun. Bluntly put, there are not many active, skilled RotMG hack developers, so a "Most Original Release" contest would not be very competitive. I assume the purpose of the monthly contest idea is to hopefully increase forum activity and fun. I would enjoy participating in a RotMG hacking challenge, but the competitive aspect would not work. If you prefer to go in a different direction from challenges or contests, you could try organizing a community project, such as a MPGH exclusive hacked client, or anything else really. Of course, that would only work with enough talented and motivated people willing to contribute, and as I already said, there are not many active RotMG hack developers. If you can find a way to make any activity interesting, I would gladly give it a shot and encourage others to join in.
    Good idea with the mpgh based client, but anyways we have alot of people , @C453, @nilly , @Botmaker , @krazyshank , @Raple Syrup , @IziLife , @Cyeclops, @ll1312ll

must I go on? I'm pretty sure all of them could get together and come out with something nice.
    Last edited by Royce; 11-08-2013 at 10:33 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Raple (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Good idea with the mpgh based client, but anyways we have alot of people , @C453, @nilly , @Botmaker , @krazyshank , @Raple Syrup , @IziLife , @Cyeclops, @ll1312ll

must I go on? I'm pretty sure all of them could get together and come out with something nice.
    Perhaps. I welcome the possibility and would gladly participate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Meh, I don't think I would want to do a contest for this.
    For one, I prefer not to have competition with my fellow developers.
    Also, I'm still sort of a novice to AS3 and general use of RABCDAsm, so I wouldn't stand up to people like krazyshank, Ryan Duke, nilly, ect.

This is an interesting idea, maybe I could provide part of the reward.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Raple For This Useful Post:

Cyeclops (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Syrup View Post

Also, I'm still sort of a novice to AS3 and general use of RABCDAsm, so I wouldn't stand up to people like krazyshank, Ryan Duke, nilly, ect.

I just mentioned you because he said

"there are not many active, skilled RotMG hack developers, so a "Most Original Release" contest would not be very competitive. "

I was just stating we had some people

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple Syrup View Post

Im with Raple here, as much as I can whip up a client now in around 20 minutes with everything in it, I am still novice as far as writing my own original codes. Most of what i discover on my own, is stuff that has already been done, just that I wanted to be able to figure it out myself, and then refine it so I am quicker at it the next time.

Admittedly, I do try alot of things to see what does what, and to see what would happen as a result, but I'm not sure they would be of any interest to anyone, and others might seem a bit more game breaking or nasty, than they would helpful.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I tried to make a reply on my phone but I got the good ol' mpgh cloudflare error message and the whole post was lost. Anyways, the tldr version of it was don't make a contest on who can make the best hack. Like @DeVoidCoder pointed out, there are only a few people here capable of participating in such a contest and I'm guessing most wouldn't be interested in ingame items as a reward (perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way). Do something the whole community can join in on. For example, a contest on who could come up with the best hack idea that is possible and worth making. Also make the rewards something more interesting than tops/rainbow pots. Maybe some kind of special mpgh internet pixel swag (custom tag)?
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

CrazyJani (11-09-2013),Royce (11-09-2013),Transfixed (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    pick a number 1-7 never fails...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    I tried to make a reply on my phone but I got the good ol' mpgh cloudflare error message and the whole post was lost. Anyways, the tldr version of it was don't make a contest on who can make the best hack. Like @DeVoidCoder pointed out, there are only a few people here capable of participating in such a contest and I'm guessing most wouldn't be interested in ingame items as a reward (perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way). Do something the whole community can join in on. For example, a contest on who could come up with the best hack idea that is possible and worth making. Also make the rewards something more interesting than tops/rainbow pots. Maybe some kind of special mpgh internet pixel swag (custom tag)?
    I think if you offered a tag for the best hack, then all the current able coders would push something cool and original out. I might even take a swing at it.

Thanks
    Do something the whole community can join in on.
    Right. Any activity will be more fun by allowing as many people to participate as possible. Favor creativity over technical skills.
    For example, a contest on who could come up with the best hack idea that is possible and worth making.
    I fear that would only lead to the usual ridiculous hack requests. Most people seem to not have any understanding of what is possible.
    Also make the rewards something more interesting than tops/rainbow pots. Maybe some kind of special mpgh internet pixel swag (custom tag)?
    Yes, the rewards should be unique and cool to motivate people to participate. Do you mean the images shown above the users' avatar? I am not entirely sure what those are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Duke View Post
    I think if you offered a tag for the best hack, then all the current able coders would push something cool and original out. I might even take a swing at it.
    The problem is that the contest would only be for the coders. Everyone else could only spectate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast