Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Reduce lag, gain FPS & improve overall gaming performance

Hello.

It has been a long time since I've started a thread on MPGH, especially on the BlackShot section.
    Not sure if any of you still remember who I am or rather, who I was.

Anyway, I realized many of you have lag problems while playing BlackShot, probably because you have an lower-end computer.
    Hopefully the guides below would help you improve your gaming performance.

Note: The guide below will not fix or improve the network lags (Ping)

#1 - Razer GameBooster
    What the Razer GameBooster does is basically to shut down unnecessary functions and applications that are running in the background.
    This will boost your PC by free-ing up some resources so that they can be used by the running game, in this case, BlackShot.

I've personally tried this GameBooster, well it gave me a 5-10 FPS gain. Not much, but it works nonetheless.
    I must say this though, try to download the older versions. The current version seems a little laggy when loading up the UI.
    Try it anyway.
    Here's the link: Razer GameBooster

#2 - Game settings
    You probably seen this over a thousand times, but I just have to include this here.
    If you want more FPS and less lags, you'll have to sacrifice visual quality.

Your settings panel should look like this, simply set every settings to "LOW". Trust me on this, it will definitely improve your FPS, like 100%.
    If you're still experiencing lag after setting everything to "LOW", try to turn down your resolution a little.

#3 - Defrag your Hard Disk
    Well, I'm not too sure how to explain Disk De-fragmenting, but here's a simplified version of it.
    In your hard disk, there are many sectors, parts of files are stored in them all over the place. When accessing your files, the hard disk arm has to move all around the place to load the file.

The main idea of defragging is to rearrange the files around so that they are in a position that makes it easier to load the files, minimizing the movement of the hard disk arm (Faster loading time).
    However the process often takes a long time, I've only defragged once, never going to do it again.. I'm not a patient person.

For this task, I suggest you use a freeware called Auslogics Disk Defrag.
    This will probably improve the loading time of your game.
    Here's the link: Auslogics Disk Defrag

#4 - RAM Upgrade
    If your computer only has 2GB of RAM, I really suggest you to do a RAM upgrade. A 4GB RAM stick are really cheap nowadays.
    In Singapore, I recommend you to go to a place called Sim Lim Square. Shops there sell 4GB RAM sticks at around SG$20.
    Do not ask the people there to install the RAM sticks for you, they charge ridiculous prices for the RAM upgrades, you can save yourself $40 just by putting in the RAM sticks yourself.

Before doing a RAM upgrade, you'll need to:
    - Check what type of RAM is your computer using.
    - Make sure you know how to disassemble your computer (to reveal the RAM slots) and reassemble it.

#5 - Update your Graphic Card Drivers
    This is also another very important thing to do, keep your graphic drivers updated. Graphic card companies occasionally release updated drivers, usually to fix bugs, or to provide improved performance when gaming. So by updating drivers, there's a high chance you'll experience a improvement in gaming performance.

To download the drivers you'll need to check out what Graphic card is installed in your computer. a
    Then proceed to the respective websites to download the drivers.

Here are the links to the top graphic card manufacturers:
    NVIDIA
    AMD
    Intel

#6 - Clean your computer (Physically)
    Yes, by cleaning your computer, I mean like physically clean your computer. If you're using a laptop, this section is for you.
    Dust always gets trapped in the heat sink of your laptop, over time, this clogs up the heat sink, reducing the air flow in your computer.
    With reduced air flow, the temperature increases, this will affect the performance to a large extend.

I personally have done this before, when I opened up my laptop, I was shocked to discover a thick layer of dust covering the heat sink.
    Mine looked exactly like the picture above, yours might be worse.
    After cleaning, my computer ran much cooler and it really improved the FPS, I really recommend you doing this.

To do this, you'll need to know how to disassemble your computer and reassemble it after cleaning up.
    Or you can bring your computer to a nice computer servicing shop for cleaning, you'll have to pay a fee though.

All right, I'm tired now. Spent a few hours writing this guide.
    I might add more guide here soon, when I think of them. I think I missed out some. Hmm..

I hope this thread helped you guys out there.
    Please press thanks if you appreciate my effort.

Cheers.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to leejw29 For This Useful Post:

aminshokri (01-09-2014),azlieda94 (01-06-2014),Baban18 (01-07-2014),HachikoJES (01-08-2014),HDCHEATER (01-06-2014),lasiniai (01-06-2014),[MPGH]Mayion (01-13-2014),mihalisds (02-18-2014),ruslyrossi (01-06-2014),Ticherhaz (01-12-2014),zzZalexandreZzz (01-13-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice tut
    Im Just an average Guy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nabil341 View Post
    Nice tut
    Thanks. Hope it helped.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    after upgrade graphic card, my pc run very smooth.. good thread bro..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    clean tut helped a lot thx. but razor i will not use i beter use iobit advenced systemcare turbo boost it will beter shut down unnecessary functions and applications that are running in the background & and when done play it will beter return to normal mode. and for ping i use cfosspeed, some one posted that program long agou. and still it help's me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    for laptop user,,the lag because less memory from graphic,or the graphic is non integrated,it means the motherboard don't have a graphic card.
    Last edited by haziqwan12; 01-06-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lasiniai View Post
    clean tut helped a lot thx. but razor i will not use i beter use iobit advenced systemcare turbo boost it will beter shut down unnecessary functions and applications that are running in the background & and when done play it will beter return to normal mode. and for ping i use cfosspeed, some one posted that program long agou. and still it help's me
    I have tried the Iobit Advanced Systemcare and I have to say that I do not really like it.
    This is because the program itself came in with a load of bloat wares, some running in the background, causing the system to slow down.
    So I concluded that the disadvantages outweighs the advantages, thus I un-installed it in the end.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by haziqwan12 View Post
    for laptop user,,the lag because less memory from graphic,or the graphic is non integrated,it means the motherboard don't have a graphic card.
    Not too sure what you're saying, but the main reasons for lags are:
    - RAM shortage
    - Integrated Graphics (No standalone chip to process graphics)
    - Slow Processor
    - Overheating issues

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by leejw29 View Post
    I have tried the Iobit Advanced Systemcare and I have to say that I do not really like it.
    This is because the program itself came in with a load of bloat wares, some running in the background, causing the system to slow down.
    So I concluded that the disadvantages outweighs the advantages, thus I un-installed it in the end.
    maybe u hawe free wersion. i use licens. & no slow down

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by haziqwan12 View Post
    i use loptop. all games run amazing good, but blackshot eu no. and u say my 1 game get that crap becose graphic low or what when other games run good

Thanks
    maybe u hawe free wersion. i use licens. & no slow down
    I used the licensed version too. I purchased the 1 year license for the Ultimate version, $30.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Hello.

It has been a long time since I've started a thread on MPGH, especially on the BlackShot section.
    Not sure if any of you still remember who I am or rather, who I was.

Anyway, I realized many of you have lag problems while playing BlackShot, probably because you have an lower-end computer.
    Hopefully the guides below would help you improve your gaming performance.

Note: The guide below will not fix or improve the network lags (Ping)

#1 - Razer GameBooster
    What the Razer GameBooster does is basically to shut down unnecessary functions and applications that are running in the background.
    This will boost your PC by free-ing up some resources so that they can be used by the running game, in this case, BlackShot.

I've personally tried this GameBooster, well it gave me a 5-10 FPS gain. Not much, but it works nonetheless.
    I must say this though, try to download the older versions. The current version seems a little laggy when loading up the UI.
    Try it anyway.
    Here's the link: Razer GameBooster

#2 - Game settings
    You probably seen this over a thousand times, but I just have to include this here.
    If you want more FPS and less lags, you'll have to sacrifice visual quality.

Your settings panel should look like this, simply set every settings to "LOW". Trust me on this, it will definitely improve your FPS, like 100%.
    If you're still experiencing lag after setting everything to "LOW", try to turn down your resolution a little.

#3 - Defrag your Hard Disk
    Well, I'm not too sure how to explain Disk De-fragmenting, but here's a simplified version of it.
    In your hard disk, there are many sectors, parts of files are stored in them all over the place. When accessing your files, the hard disk arm has to move all around the place to load the file.

The main idea of defragging is to rearrange the files around so that they are in a position that makes it easier to load the files, minimizing the movement of the hard disk arm (Faster loading time).
    However the process often takes a long time, I've only defragged once, never going to do it again.. I'm not a patient person.

For this task, I suggest you use a freeware called Auslogics Disk Defrag.
    This will probably improve the loading time of your game.
    Here's the link: Auslogics Disk Defrag

#4 - RAM Upgrade
    If your computer only has 2GB of RAM, I really suggest you to do a RAM upgrade. A 4GB RAM stick are really cheap nowadays.
    In Singapore, I recommend you to go to a place called Sim Lim Square. Shops there sell 4GB RAM sticks at around SG$20.
    Do not ask the people there to install the RAM sticks for you, they charge ridiculous prices for the RAM upgrades, you can save yourself $40 just by putting in the RAM sticks yourself.

Before doing a RAM upgrade, you'll need to:
    - Check what type of RAM is your computer using.
    - Make sure you know how to disassemble your computer (to reveal the RAM slots) and reassemble it.

#5 - Update your Graphic Card Drivers
    This is also another very important thing to do, keep your graphic drivers updated. Graphic card companies occasionally release updated drivers, usually to fix bugs, or to provide improved performance when gaming. So by updating drivers, there's a high chance you'll experience a improvement in gaming performance.

To download the drivers you'll need to check out what Graphic card is installed in your computer. a
    Then proceed to the respective websites to download the drivers.

Here are the links to the top graphic card manufacturers:
    NVIDIA
    AMD
    Intel

#6 - Clean your computer (Physically)
    Yes, by cleaning your computer, I mean like physically clean your computer. If you're using a laptop, this section is for you.
    Dust always gets trapped in the heat sink of your laptop, over time, this clogs up the heat sink, reducing the air flow in your computer.
    With reduced air flow, the temperature increases, this will affect the performance to a large extend.

I personally have done this before, when I opened up my laptop, I was shocked to discover a thick layer of dust covering the heat sink.
    Mine looked exactly like the picture above, yours might be worse.
    After cleaning, my computer ran much cooler and it really improved the FPS, I really recommend you doing this.

To do this, you'll need to know how to disassemble your computer and reassemble it after cleaning up.
    Or you can bring your computer to a nice computer servicing shop for cleaning, you'll have to pay a fee though.

All right, I'm tired now. Spent a few hours writing this guide.
    I might add more guide here soon, when I think of them. I think I missed out some. Hmm..

I hope this thread helped you guys out there.
    Please press thanks if you appreciate my effort.

Cheers.
    Easy, just download and install MsiAfterburner , so you can make your blackshot graphic settings to high , with no lag
    Hello , My name is Aida Faraiena

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    I used the licensed version too. I purchased the 1 year license for the Ultimate version, $30.
    30 i cracked. i newer pay i think iobit too me is best thats all

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by ophackerpro2 View Post
    Easy, just download and install MsiAfterburner , so you can make your blackshot graphic settings to high , with no lag
    Well, if you have a good cooling you can do this. If not, you're gonna burn your GPU.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ophackerpro2 View Post
    Laptop users really shouldn't use it, I doubt they can anyway. It'll heat up the computer so quickly that it might actually melt the plastic! LOL

30 i cracked. i newer pay i think iobit too me is best thats all
    Torrents aren't that reliable, so I don't torrent for softwares. Some torrent includes a free virus with it, so yeah, be careful ok.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to leejw29 For This Useful Post:

lasiniai (01-08-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast