Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I have 2 GB RAM and 2 CPU cores for each VM. They usually only use up half of that for me when setup to the min vid settings in-game, but that is the max allocated. No GPU or VRAM is used at all. No GPU or VRAM is used by default when creating a VM, and it is very difficult to set one up to use it at all.

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

Tutorials for consoles and hacks

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    what is the display tab about then? Supposedly with 3d acceleration turned on you can dictate the "graphics memory"?

I'm assuming VM player does not give the same amount of detailed customization as actual workstation.

But even when I had that I do not recall being able to set limitations on the cpu, ram, gpu in the way you are describing.

I have a "Display" tab and in it at the bottom is a selector, "Graphics Memory, The maximum amount of guest memory that can be used for graphics memory", starts at 32mb and goes all the way to 2gb for me
    Last edited by PacoJon; 03-31-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoJon View Post
    I have a "Display" tab and in it at the bottom is a selector, "Graphics Memory
    The memory is used on the RAM, not the VRAM. And the GPU is not used at all. It is very difficult to set this up, and I can pretty much guarantee you yours is not if you think this is done by default.

You can easily figure out why by doing a google search... Here's just one of tons of threads asking the same question.
    https://communities.vmware.com/thread/467481

As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.

If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

Thanks
    GREAT NEWS! Ah well for me anyway.

I got it, I have a single vm with no flickering now, I still can not have the stretched full screen I had before but I'm sure that has to do with my available resources as you mentioned IDR 1,000 times before.

I can pull 16:9 window mode now, no idea how or why, but I'll take it.

It was in the combination of different cpu virtualization (however that is spelled) options the vm program has, I started tinkering around and found a set that allow me to not have the flickering anymore, at least for the time being.

TY, for the all directives and helping me to understand how the system actually works. cpu and ram vs gpu among everything else.

I feel a hair's width more computer savy now.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, my issue seems to be intermittent disconnects, Ive been dc'd from the game a good 5 times already today alone.

Thanks
    Now, my issue seems to be intermittent disconnects, I've been dc'd from the game a good 5 times already today alone.
    They started tagging your HWID to disable multiple instances on the same system. Basically they kick you out if they think you're running in a VM. I fortunately haven't had to deal with this (dunno why I haven't been tagged) but there are work arounds for it.

Thanks
    I'm sure that is happening, but it would seem more that I just have shitty internet?

I've been at an internet cafe all day and have not had a single d/c, and I frequent this internet cafe almost daily so the ip I am broadcasting is not new or a secret to them.

I'll be sure to mention it, should it start to occur here as well.

---edit---

What makes me think its my internet is the fact that when I have both running, my browser "magically" starts to fail at finding the most common or basic websites, like Google or trying to log into my Gmail, BUT can do it just fine when I do not have the vm running?

A smidge suspicious no?
    Last edited by PacoJon; 04-02-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks
    I have no idea whats going on, earlier last night at the cyber cafe my vm was no longer able to join my boats and when i logged out I was no longer able to login, receiving some bullshit ass network error something message. Does this sound symptomatic of being hardware blocked to you?

Just right now I was able to get 1 run in while logged into my mother's internet and now the same thing. Im about to have my bank reverse 3 years worth of NX on these ******s if they do not stop trolling me every chance they get. I'm 100% certain my account is somehow marked to have the shitiest luck in any in game event/giveaway/whatever.

How would they be able to identify a vm anyway, are they programmed to have mac addresses like a normal device?
    Last edited by PacoJon; 04-03-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks
    my browser "magically" starts to fail at finding the most common or basic websites, like Google or trying to log into my Gmail
    Not fully sure what you're getting at, but if you use chrome then yea, it will advertise and show you results based on your browsing history. They definitely watch you...

How would they be able to identify a vm anyway, are they programmed to have mac addresses like a normal device?
    not sure how they do it, but your VMs do not necessarily have individual HWIDs. the network connection works more similar to if you connected through another computer's LAN, versus directly connecting to the modem.

Thanks
    Ive been away for a bit and do not really know if you are still watching my thread anymore, but now I have new entirely different issues.

Vmware killed my autorun function on my host system.

Any cd/dvd I put in my drive spins up and my "My Computer" cd drive icon changes to show me it recognizes a disc but nothing happens, and when i click the icon it tells me there is no disc in the drive and opens it for me... WTF?

I tried to google this and it seems that going as far as to remove vmware it self does not fix this? WTF do they expect people to do? Restore their systems?

Any ideas would be very greatly APPRECIATED.

Thanks
    Any cd/dvd I put in my drive spins up and my "My Computer" cd drive icon changes to show me it recognizes a disc but nothing happens
    Shutdown your VM. Open the settings.

Make sure all of your external devices are set to not connect at power on.

USB devices, DVDs etc can only be used by your host or your VM at one time, never both. So if your VM grabs control, your host cannot use it. Alternatively, if you think you will never use your DVD drive, or whatever, in your VM, you can just remove the device completely from the VM settings. You can always add it back later if you change your mind.

Last edited by maddoggy00; 04-10-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks
    Tried that already, game cds still do not identify on my computer.

At first I did not pay attention at all that every cd was be id'd as pictures, if i right click and select open autorun, it gives me a pictures import dialog box for EVERYTHING.

Google is not at all helpful at the moment with any kind of solid answer.

I had already gone and removed the "player" software and reinstalled "workstation" thinking I could use the no autorun option in it, but now I've gone and ruined my VM completely, I even have the flickering back again. ;(

So at the moment i have neither vm program installed and my windows still refuses to autorun any of the game cds I put in my drive.

- - - Updated - - -

I found something on SevenForums.com that seems to have sorted it. I am beginning to suspect that my autorun had been fouled up before I started using the VM software, cause it did not make sense that uninstalling the VM system did not fix it if it indeed was the cause.

I downloaded some IDK registry modifying INF file and merged it, after a reboot everything seems fine now. My computer auto starts the install programs to any cd I put in the drive.

Thanks
    You know what? FUCK this bs ass fucking program, driving me fucking crazy. Everyday I have to figure out how to make this flickering go away and NOW (as of today) I can't even control my character I run in the VM anymore cause the mouse input is going fucking ape shit every time I login. The "funny" thing is, I have to be logged in for the mouse input to go nuts.

This game is fucking shit worthless broken, I'm about done with it anyway.

Thanks
    This game is fucking shit worthless broken
    The coding has been poor since Beta with tons of bugs that shoulda been fixed a long time ago; it won't change any time soon. Just remember to take the opportunity to evaluate your strenuous experience and recollect what you've learned on the journey. It may not seem like so much of a waste of time anymore

Thanks
    HEHE, its not, I've learned alot about how to setup vm's. Mainly because of your guiding me with every little bump and problem along the way.

BUT, it's just not for me I guess,

Constantly harassed by strobe light screens and now unable to control myself for w/e reason, it's like my mouse is set to super extremely absurdly high for no reason w/o anyway to turn it down.

NOW, now I have to play the vm on in game directx8 in order to keep the strobes from appearing, it's completely ignoring my previous cpu virtualization trick I found before.

Still no clue where my mouse issues are coming from though. That's a new issue as of yesterday.

As many times as I had to erase and redo a machine or move it around, I'm sure all my problems are stemming from left over setup and config files that are interfering with any current machine I might have set up now, yet I can't find any in my computer to wipe them out?

What I mean is, I can uninstall player, do a file search for vm in the w/e file search option windows 7 has, wipe them, restart my system, try to install player and still have it know exactly where to find my windows 7 iso file that I use to make the machine??? AHHHHHH, if I wiped every config or setup file there is, how is the installer able to know where to find shit if my computer thinks this is the first time I've run the installer?

Clearly shit is being left behind from the uninstalls, somewhere in one of those random unnecessary windows 7 folders that keep track of every program you have ever had for all of time, the last time I looked in one of those "appdata w/e" folders I found shit from games and stuff that I had removed back when I first bought this computer 3 years ago.

I do not understand why every company in the world has to make their shit more useless and more complicated as time goes on. What the hell was wrong with Windows Xp? They've had 8 different Windows between Xp and 7 all in their quest to make shit "bigger and better". Look at Windows 8 now, it is as disorganized as ANY android phone you can find, having 500 w/e icons on a single page...?

ANYWAY, enough of my random babbling, Thank You for trying to guide me through it but I give up, I do not care anymore.

The idea was cool, but FUCK IT, it's too time consuming and frustrating.
    Last edited by PacoJon; 04-12-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    do a file search for vm in the w/e file search option windows 7 has
    If you recreate a new VM, nothing from your old settings should be leftover. By default (if you use VMWare) the .vmdk file and associated files are in My Docs/Virtual Machines or something like that.

it's like my mouse is set to super extremely absurdly high for no reason
    This may be due to Vindi's in-game settings. To test to see if what I'm about to say is accurate (if you even still feel like it), switch to keyboard mode and see if the crazy stuff goes away. In mouse mode, every time the mouse switches from cursor to camera mode, the mouse's location automatically gets reset to the very center of the game. In Windowed mode, if you move off the screen, the cursor just hangs at the edge of the screen. However, in a VM, if you move your cursor outside the specs of the OS, the VM will automatically release control to the host and the mouse will automatically "boing" back to the center of the screen, making your camera go wild. You can try using CTRL+ALT to manually release control from the VM, and this won't happen, but if you turn too fast and your mouse moves out of the desktop res, it will boing. There's more details I won't get into in how the cursor works because it probably won't make much sense unless you've scripted before, but basically if you turn your mouse too fast, or go out of the VM, in mouse mode, it will likely go crazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast