Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Lightbulb Theory of why mods aren't working for 1.28

Just figured I'd let others who might be running into the problem of not being able to use mods with the latest ScriptHook, a possibility could be due to vehicle spawning. Somewhere on the intraweb is a vehicle bypass code snippet by "Bucho". This will cause a crash now on the latest update to GTA V since the offsets appear to have changed. Thus, if a mod your using has that, it won't work with the latest GTA V update.

Script developers can simply remove it to apply a temporary patch that will fix the crash issue. I don't know the new offsets at the moment, hence the "temporary" fix.

Theory by ClareXoBearrx3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichayd For This Useful Post:

ahonqharakiri (07-13-2015)

Thanks
    It's a permanent fight between Alexander Blade and the online modders. He stated that with each new release of scripthook it will be more unstable to go online with mods because this new one tries to disable the asi loader function once you go online even if you change the values.

I think the best solution would be to have another hook, instead of cracking the Alexander Blade one on every update because he is against online modding.
    But thats my opinion idk.
    Last edited by Madara10; 07-10-2015 at 02:55 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Madara10 For This Useful Post:

standdown (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I think this theory is actually correct, since alot of menu's do not work, or without the car spawner working, so it sure very much looks like that.

To test out this theory, somebody should take a non-working mod menu, and disable/remove that piece of code, if the menu works after that, this theory is 100% correct then.
    Last edited by melvin.d.b; 07-11-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Let's Get Wild.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by melvin.d.b View Post
    I think this theory is actually correct, since alot of menu's do not work, or without the car spawner working, so it sure very much looks like that.

To test out this theory, somebody should take a non-working mod menu, and disable/remove that piece of code, if the menu works after that, this theory is 100% correct then.
    If you don't touch the vehicle spawner, it would not crash.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)

#1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."