Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

[Help]Autoupdater????

could someone help me make a program that auto updates????
    I have a nice multitool. Someone explain now to do this plzzzzz!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    use your damt search function
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Bruno For This Useful Post:

Lolland (08-06-2010),Lonely Tedy Bear (08-06-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    So you want your program to auto update. Well, here's the easy way I coded

First, make a new project. I suggest making a project first to test it out THEN adding it in to your program.

Now, add a WebBrowser. Make it Visible = false.

Next, add 2 Web Clients. To get a Web Client, first right click on one of your controls/blank space in the GENERAL SECTION(very important!) in the Toolbox and click Choose Items.
    https://j.image*********/0811/chooseitems.png < view me!

Then, scroll down to the bottom. Scroll up a TINY bit from there and you will see a checkbox marked WebClient.
    [img]https://h.image*********/0453/webclient.png[/img]

Check it and click OK.

You should see something like this:
    [img]https://h.image*********/0289/webclientinsection.png[/img]

Now click on that and drag in to your form 2 (2!) times. DO NOT RENAME THEM!

Now add two labels.

Arrange the labels like this:

and put them anywhere on your form. I prefer the bottom but you can put them anywhere.

Now, add a button. This button can be anywhere and should say "Download Updates" noquotes. Make Enabled=False.

Now for the tricky part.

Double click your form. You should be in the Coding window. You should also be in Form1_Load.

Copy&paste this in: (exactly!)

Code:
    WebClient1.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("https://www.yourftpsite.com/version.txt"), "C:\version.txt")
    What this will do is when you open the program it will download a small text file that has the version of your program. (ex. 1.0.0.0)
    You must get a FTP server - online or offline - to use this correctly. I will use 110mb.com for this tutorial, it's easy to make an account and go into the FTP.

When you have created your account, go into the FTP. It should look like this on 110mb.

[img]https://j.image*********/0050/ftp.png[/img]

Click the small blue arrow. You should be in a site called "110MBPANEL". You've just gotten into the FTP server, good job.

Now click "New File". You will be presented with a textbox. Type in "version.txt" noquotes and press OK. You will be taken to a large text entry box. However, just type in "1.0.0.0" noquotes for the moment. We will change this later. Now click Save at the bottom and then Back at the bottom.

Go into the coding window of your project again. Add this code underneath Form1_Load.

Code:
    Private Sub WebClient1_DownloadFileCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebClient1.DownloadFileCompleted
    		Dim Read As String = My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("C:\version.txt")
    		If Not Read = Application.ProductVersion Then
    			'If it reads blank, then the internet connection is faulty.
    			If Read = "" Then
    				MsgBox("ERROR: Please check your internet connection or try later.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "ERROR")
    			Else
    				Label2.Text = "Update ready to download!"
    				Button1.Enabled = True
    				Label2.ForeColor = Color.Green
    			End If
    		Else
    			Button1.Enabled = False
    			Button1.Text = "Up to date."
    			Label2.Text = "Up to date."

End If
    	End Sub

Add underneath that:

Code:
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    		MsgBox("Downloading new update!")
    		WebClient2.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("https://www.yourftpsite.com/link.txt"), "C:\link.txt")
    	End Sub
    Go back into the FTP site again and create a new file, "link.txt" noquotes. Add inside it the DIRECT link to the new updated program. (ex. "www.blahblahblah.com/UpdatedProgram.zip")

THIS PROGRAM HAS TO BE IN A ZIP FILE!!! HAS TO BE!!!! SO PUT IT IN A ZIP FILE!!!!

Ok, now add that ZIP file wherever you put the link to. Try and add it in your FTP server on 110MB.

If it is not in a zip file the webclient will NOT download it. So put it in.

Now add beneath that code in the Coding Window:

Code:
    	Private Sub WebClient2_DownloadFileCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebClient2.DownloadFileCompleted
    		Dim Link As String = My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("C:\link.txt")
    MsgBox("Please unzip the application and place in an easily accessible place.")
    		WebBrowser1.Navigate(Link)
    		Button1.Enabled = False
    		Button1.Text = "Update already downloaded."
    		Label2.Text = "Update already downloaded."
    		Label2.ForeColor = Color.Red

End Sub

You're done!

All that you need to do whenever you get an update is modify LINK.txt to the new update.ZIP!!!!!!!!! and modify version.txt to your new version. Also, go into your project properties and change the version whenever you update.

You're welcome, if anyone needs ANY help with this just post here and it will be fixed by me or someone else. THANKS FOR VIEWING!

PRESS THANKS!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalcon View Post

First, make a new project. I suggest making a project first to test it out THEN adding it in to your program.

Next, add 2 Web Clients. To get a Web Client, first right click on one of your controls/blank space in the GENERAL SECTION(very important!) in the Toolbox and click Choose Items.

Then, scroll down to the bottom. Scroll up a TINY bit from there and you will see a checkbox marked WebClient.

Check it and click OK.

Now add two labels.

and put them anywhere on your form. I prefer the bottom but you can put them anywhere.

Now, add a button. This button can be anywhere and should say "Download Updates" noquotes. Make Enabled=False.

Now for the tricky part.

Double click your form. You should be in the Coding window. You should also be in Form1_Load.

Code:
    WebClient1.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("https://www.yourftpsite.com/version.txt"), "C:\version.txt")
    What this will do is when you open the program it will download a small text file that has the version of your program. (ex. 1.0.0.0)
    You must get a FTP server - online or offline - to use this correctly. I will use 110mb.com for this tutorial, it's easy to make an account and go into the FTP.

When you have created your account, go into the FTP. It should look like this on 110mb.

Click the small blue arrow. You should be in a site called "110MBPANEL". You've just gotten into the FTP server, good job.

Now click "New File". You will be presented with a textbox. Type in "version.txt" noquotes and press OK. You will be taken to a large text entry box. However, just type in "1.0.0.0" noquotes for the moment. We will change this later. Now click Save at the bottom and then Back at the bottom.

Go into the coding window of your project again. Add this code underneath Form1_Load.

Code:
    Private Sub WebClient1_DownloadFileCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebClient1.DownloadFileCompleted
    			If Read = "" Then
    				MsgBox("ERROR: Please check your internet connection or try later.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "ERROR")
    			Else
    				Button1.Enabled = True
    			End If
    		Else
    			Button1.Enabled = False

End If
    	End Sub

Add underneath that:

Code:
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    		WebClient2.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("https://www.yourftpsite.com/link.txt"), "C:\link.txt")
    	End Sub
    Go back into the FTP site again and create a new file, "link.txt" noquotes. Add inside it the DIRECT link to the new updated program. (ex. "www.blahblahblah.com/UpdatedProgram.zip")

THIS PROGRAM HAS TO BE IN A ZIP FILE!!! HAS TO BE!!!! SO PUT IT IN A ZIP FILE!!!!

Ok, now add that ZIP file wherever you put the link to. Try and add it in your FTP server on 110MB.

Code:
    	Private Sub WebClient2_DownloadFileCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebClient2.DownloadFileCompleted
    		Button1.Enabled = False

End Sub

You're done!

All that you need to do whenever you get an update is modify LINK.txt to the new update.ZIP!!!!!!!!! and modify version.txt to your new version. Also, go into your project properties and change the version whenever you update.

You're welcome, if anyone needs ANY help with this just post here and it will be fixed by me or someone else. THANKS FOR VIEWING!

PRESS THANKS!
    Wow, gtfo. That was just an exact copy and paste of GodHack2's thread ON THIS PAGE. .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Hmm, maybe give credits there, champ?

You know, leeching = ban nowadays.

Utah,Salt Lake Posts: 5,371 ►►►►Lonely-Tedy◄◄◄◄
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    lol there was a topic about this posted um 2 days ago i think before you ask a question maybe you should look threw the posts
             

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tedy Bear View Post
    lol there was a topic about this posted um 2 days ago i think before you ask a question maybe you should look threw the posts
    Lol we all just said that

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S. Anderson
    There are only two things to come out of Berkley, Unix and LSD,
    and I don’t think this is a coincidence
    You can win the rat race,
    But you're still nothing but a fucking RAT.

++Latest Projects++
    [Open Source] Injection Library
    Simple PE Cipher
    FilthyHooker - Simple Hooking Class
    CLR Injector - Inject .NET dlls with ease
    Simple Injection - An in-depth look
    MPGH's .NET SDK
    eJect - Simple Injector
    Basic PE Explorer (BETA)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

CANNIBAL CORPSE P0WNS

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Deezy View Post

He was just trolling. No need to get serious !!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Check it and click OK.

Now add two labels.

Now for the tricky part.

Code:

Code:
    			If Read = "" Then
    			Else
    				Button1.Enabled = True
    			End If
    		Else
    			Button1.Enabled = False

End If
    	End Sub

Add underneath that:

Code:
    	End Sub

Code:
    		Button1.Enabled = False

End Sub

You're done!

PRESS THANKS!
    wdf man at least give credits !!!

beat this bitches ^^^^^^^

Current Stats : Bored :/

Respect list :
    Crash !
    Gordon'
    Markoj

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    xFalcon, I'm gonna warn you that if you don't give credits for a tutorial once more I'm gonna have you banned.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolland For This Useful Post:

Lonely Tedy Bear (08-07-2010)

Utah,Salt Lake Posts: 5,371 ►►►►Lonely-Tedy◄◄◄◄
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Deezy View Post

ya i know that now lol most the time i just open a topic then go do something and come back and respond to it so there was none when i had it open /
             

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    OMFG

I WAS THE ONE WHO POSTED THAT

PLEASE GIVE A LINK

I POSTED ON A DIFF SITE AS STEVE323

PM ME FOR THE ORIGINAL POST

I AM NOT TROLLING OR LEECHING

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    OMFG

I WAS THE ONE WHO POSTED THAT

PLEASE GIVE A LINK

I POSTED ON A DIFF SITE AS STEVE323

PM ME FOR THE ORIGINAL POST

I AM NOT TROLLING OR LEECHING
    For some reason, I think you are right.

On the Mpgh Server hidden between microchips but Shh..!!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Erm

1st read the rules, no auto updater unless made by a staff member, because of safety, the updater can feed virus's through the auto updater.

this is dangerous this thread should be closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast