View Poll Results: Who do you think should win SOTM #4?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • NUKE99X

3 5.36%
  • iHackintosh

4 7.14%
  • Monstercookie

8 14.29%
  • Howl

15 26.79%
  • Schopfer

3 5.36%
  • IV2B

9 16.07%
  • Rhodoren

1 1.79%
  • Dynasty

13 23.21%

Threaded View

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Can I just ask you what the point was of even posting what you did in the first place?
    It was kind of rude imo. Because you don't particularly like the signature or see "flaws" shouldn't invalidate anyone's opinions.
    I'd also like to point out that you're seriously downplaying what was done to his signature.
    If it were just throwing c4d's on a bg, then piling more c4d's on top of the focal, it would look like complete unblended shit.
    He also either used a tab or some pentooling, which adds an element of his own, opposed to simply using all premade resources.
    You forgot to mention that though.
    The point is answering why my opinion differs to the popular one, curiosity as i said.

I did not invalidate anyone's opinion, i voiced a different one in a very neutral way, which happens to oppose yours. This isn't rude at all.
    "I like this cake" and "I don't like this cake" are two valid opinions that are opposed one to another, but neither is rude.

As i said, "I can't properly distinguish the effort poured into the creation into the image", my eyes can not see how the image was created, the steps and decisions that were taken nor the effort it took to create it.
    What i see is purely the finished product, what i see are many C4Ds, enough to be so messy to blend together, some sort of background, one render and the [mpgh] tag.
    I do agree that the C4Ds were not blindly slapped one on top of another, that's a given i hope.
    However, the pentooling used is barebone and could be mistaken for the C4Ds themselves (that's what happened until you pointed it out) due to how messy it looks to me.

As you can see, all my observations are purely personal and my opinion may or may not oppose anybody else's opinion, which is perfectly normal.

That said, the fact you called this signature in particuliar the "least lazy by a whole lot" and considering the most impressive features are C4Ds not slapped one on top of another blindly and minor pentooling might be seen as an insult to other entries honestly, which does come off as kind of rude on your end.

As a finishing note, you already replied to my question in a fulfilling way, i do not have any other reason to further reply in this discussion unless queried directly.
    If you really wish to continue this discussion, please do so through PMs to keep this discussion clean.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IV2B For This Useful Post:

Dynasty (11-08-2016)