Well i've been absent from the boards for a while now, since Combat Arms called to me again, and I had to go answer said call. But i've started my down slope for CA again, (Mainly because my legit account was banned) but to the point, i've been using my VIP for a while, and the creator of my VIP said that since he only charges once for a life time membership, that new updates / features will be few and far between. (More exactly he said that he has NO plans for ANY updates anytime soon) and i'm wanting a spammer to advertise while i'm OPKing or whatever.

I figure this would suffice as my first actual project as it will make use of the windows API, basic C++, and maybe some other things. This is what I want the finished product to be.

I'm nowhere near writing a GUI, so i'd be fine running it as a console app. But this is the basic stuff it has to do.

First, when you open the program, it will prompt for a message that you want to be spammed. You type in the message that you want to be spammed, and it will then prompt to press shift to spam the message (which will require a global keyboard hook I recon.)

I want this to be an ANY time spammer, meaning I could use it when firefox is open, yahoo messenger, or for my use CA. I figure if I make it work for multiple things then there will be a less chance that i'll run into HackShield.

This is where my knowledge starts to get even more limited.

Once I get into a window, regardless of the program, I would need it to find the text box so that it would actually display my message instead of spamming it into nothing-ness (This is the part I have no clue about, the rest of it I have somewhat of an idea how to start.)

But basically, I want it to lock onto a text box, and us the Virtual Keys ctrl and v to paste the message, then the enter key to send the message. But I would like it to do this about 2 times a second, for 5 seconds, then take a 1 minute rest period.

So I guess my first question is, is this too much if a quest for my first programming project? I figure if I can do this, i'll have a basic understanding of the Win32 API (more specifically, keyboard hooking.)

Does this require any D3D other than grabbing the Combat arms window?

Most importantly, would I have to bypass hack shield to do this? If so I'm just going to drop the project entirely, cause I have NO need to learn anything about that right now.