External HDD's compatibility with PS3 { Noob Friendly }
So for the people who are confused with why their External HDD wont work with PS3,
This is Information you need to know about an External Hard drive compatibility with PS3.
+ PS3's cannot read NTFS formate and can only read FAT32.
+ Formating FAT32 on Windows has a limitation of 30 GB.
+ Windows/OS cannot format FAT32 higher then 30 GB so you need a
Third Party Application to do it for you.
+ Formatting your HDD with erase contents so you need to back it up if you have important data!
+ NOTE: DOS Commands also cannot format FAT32 higher then 30GB and will
freeze your computer so don't even try!
Basically I am stating that if you have a 30 GB+ External Hard Drive you cannot use windows to format it to say 1TB,
You need to download a third party software that allows you to format FAT32 up to 2TB. (Software breaks the limitation.)
You can also find External HDD's that are already Formatted to FAT32 so ask your retailer if he/she has any.
If you are unsure if you need to format your HDD or not:
If your HDD is not FAT32 you need to format it.
1. > Go to My Computer
2. > Find the External HDD name
3. > Right click and select 'Properties'
4. > Format type will show under
'File system'
You should see this:

Give me thanks / rep if I helped you

I will link the software I use if I am allowed.. @Liz ?

