SolvedGun Model Question

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Gun Model Question
Hello fellow game hackers/modders. Recently I've been converting the gun models from CA into usable .obj file formats. Now while this nice and all, I've noticed that every AR that is in my .ltb folders has a PV and an ANI variant. I was wondering what was the difference between the two so that I know whether or not it makes a difference as to which one I convert to .obj. Thank you in advance.

ex.
ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB
PV_AR_AK103_SH
Difference between the two?
If you try both and then looks what's different ?

else, supercarz
Ani=All the ANImations.
Lithtech works in a funny way. The way they make it so one LTB holds several animations is you actually import several animated models into 1 LTA file and save it as a complete Animated LTA for editing later or a compile it as an LTB to use in the game

PV=Personal View
PV is just the view from a players perspective. These rarely hold animation but as a modding community, generally we run into issues with these models and actually have to replace these intead of the ani files for our conversions to work

All in all, a word of warning...

I got a letter from nexon stating to stop using their 3d models in other projects (hence why TPS haulted.) THAT BEING SAID be careful converting their models, THEY WILL TAKE ACTION
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Ani=All the ANImations.
Lithtech works in a funny way. The way they make it so one LTB holds several animations is you actually import several animated models into 1 LTA file and save it as a complete Animated LTA for editing later or a compile it as an LTB to use in the game

PV=Personal View
PV is just the view from a players perspective. These rarely hold animation but as a modding community, generally we run into issues with these models and actually have to replace these intead of the ani files for our conversions to work

All in all, a word of warning...

I got a letter from nexon stating to stop using their 3d models in other projects (hence why TPS haulted.) THAT BEING SAID be careful converting their models, THEY WILL TAKE ACTION
So basically if I am going to convert I should use the ANI variant, correct? Sorry I haven't been online to check and thank everyone for attempting to answer, I was incredibly busy, but thanks for the information. Basically for conversion into other games ANI > PV
Quote Originally Posted by oopsidoodles View Post
So basically if I am going to convert I should use the ANI variant, correct? Sorry I haven't been online to check and thank everyone for attempting to answer, I was incredibly busy, but thanks for the information. Basically for conversion into other games ANI > PV
if your modding a gun model, your game will crash if you save over the ani file. you need to save your modded model as the pvmla file
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Ani=All the ANImations.
Lithtech works in a funny way. The way they make it so one LTB holds several animations is you actually import several animated models into 1 LTA file and save it as a complete Animated LTA for editing later or a compile it as an LTB to use in the game

PV=Personal View
PV is just the view from a players perspective. These rarely hold animation but as a modding community, generally we run into issues with these models and actually have to replace these intead of the ani files for our conversions to work

All in all, a word of warning...

I got a letter from nexon stating to stop using their 3d models in other projects (hence why TPS haulted.) THAT BEING SAID be careful converting their models, THEY WILL TAKE ACTION
sadly that i have to post 10 times for posting ss ... well to explain it as guy who knows what he does:

ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB = CHildmodel hold up all animations, needs to have the same hierarchy else it won't work. ANI= Animationsm; AR= Assault Rifle; AK103= Weaponname; SH= SpecialHands

PV_AR_AK103_SH= PV= Playerview, the weapon you see when you shoot.

Doobic or Nexon whatever, no idea who worked on the models, did shit because they didnt remove the geometry in the childmodel, you need alot more memory when you must load for every model in the whole game the childmodel animations .... if you want you can remove it by the compressoption from .lta to .ltb.
Quote Originally Posted by Zenshin112v2 View Post
sadly that i have to post 10 times for posting ss ... well to explain it as guy who knows what he does:

ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB = CHildmodel hold up all animations, needs to have the same hierarchy else it won't work. ANI= Animationsm; AR= Assault Rifle; AK103= Weaponname; SH= SpecialHands

PV_AR_AK103_SH= PV= Playerview, the weapon you see when you shoot.

Doobic or Nexon whatever, no idea who worked on the models, did shit because they didnt remove the geometry in the childmodel, you need alot more memory when you must load for every model in the whole game the childmodel animations .... if you want you can remove it by the compressoption from .lta to .ltb.
At the time of this post, i didn't yet know the terminology associated with the engine.
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
At the time of this post, i didn't yet know the terminology associated with the engine.
well sry, was a bit angry. But there are still alot other ways to improve the gameplay of all lithtech games and make it use less memory
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us