Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Gun Model Question

Hello fellow game hackers/modders. Recently I've been converting the gun models from CA into usable .obj file formats. Now while this nice and all, I've noticed that every AR that is in my .ltb folders has a PV and an ANI variant. I was wondering what was the difference between the two so that I know whether or not it makes a difference as to which one I convert to .obj. Thank you in advance.

ex.
    ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB
    PV_AR_AK103_SH
    Difference between the two?
    Last edited by oopsidoodles; 12-28-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Vista 32 Bit
    All upgrades installed (.NET Framework, c++ redistributable)

Wanna have a golden gun? Or for it to have a CRAZY design? Well then be on the lookout for my mod packs. I try to release them as soon as possible but each one takes a while as I create 27 different textures for it (including gold)!
    WEAPONS I HAVE FINISHED CREATING MODS FOR:
    -m16a3
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/210-combat...-mod-pack.html

It's not a lot but more is to come!
    Jokes I abandoned my mod packs after low support + fact that my shit computer takes ages to save images and open dtx files. I'd specify my system specs more but I'm too lazy and I don't want to embarrass myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    If you try both and then looks what's different ?

else, supercarz

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Ani=All the ANImations.
    Lithtech works in a funny way. The way they make it so one LTB holds several animations is you actually import several animated models into 1 LTA file and save it as a complete Animated LTA for editing later or a compile it as an LTB to use in the game

PV=Personal View
    PV is just the view from a players perspective. These rarely hold animation but as a modding community, generally we run into issues with these models and actually have to replace these intead of the ani files for our conversions to work

All in all, a word of warning...

I got a letter from nexon stating to stop using their 3d models in other projects (hence why TPS haulted.) THAT BEING SAID be careful converting their models, THEY WILL TAKE ACTION

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

oopsidoodles (01-11-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    Ani=All the ANImations.
    Lithtech works in a funny way. The way they make it so one LTB holds several animations is you actually import several animated models into 1 LTA file and save it as a complete Animated LTA for editing later or a compile it as an LTB to use in the game

PV=Personal View
    PV is just the view from a players perspective. These rarely hold animation but as a modding community, generally we run into issues with these models and actually have to replace these intead of the ani files for our conversions to work

I got a letter from nexon stating to stop using their 3d models in other projects (hence why TPS haulted.) THAT BEING SAID be careful converting their models, THEY WILL TAKE ACTION
    So basically if I am going to convert I should use the ANI variant, correct? Sorry I haven't been online to check and thank everyone for attempting to answer, I was incredibly busy, but thanks for the information. Basically for conversion into other games ANI > PV
    Vista 32 Bit
    All upgrades installed (.NET Framework, c++ redistributable)

Wanna have a golden gun? Or for it to have a CRAZY design? Well then be on the lookout for my mod packs. I try to release them as soon as possible but each one takes a while as I create 27 different textures for it (including gold)!
    WEAPONS I HAVE FINISHED CREATING MODS FOR:
    -m16a3
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/210-combat...-mod-pack.html

It's not a lot but more is to come!
    Jokes I abandoned my mod packs after low support + fact that my shit computer takes ages to save images and open dtx files. I'd specify my system specs more but I'm too lazy and I don't want to embarrass myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by oopsidoodles View Post
    So basically if I am going to convert I should use the ANI variant, correct? Sorry I haven't been online to check and thank everyone for attempting to answer, I was incredibly busy, but thanks for the information. Basically for conversion into other games ANI > PV
    if your modding a gun model, your game will crash if you save over the ani file. you need to save your modded model as the pvmla file

Thanks
    Ani=All the ANImations.

PV=Personal View

sadly that i have to post 10 times for posting ss ... well to explain it as guy who knows what he does:

ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB = CHildmodel hold up all animations, needs to have the same hierarchy else it won't work. ANI= Animationsm; AR= Assault Rifle; AK103= Weaponname; SH= SpecialHands

PV_AR_AK103_SH= PV= Playerview, the weapon you see when you shoot.

Doobic or Nexon whatever, no idea who worked on the models, did shit because they didnt remove the geometry in the childmodel, you need alot more memory when you must load for every model in the whole game the childmodel animations .... if you want you can remove it by the compressoption from .lta to .ltb.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenshin112v2 View Post
    sadly that i have to post 10 times for posting ss ... well to explain it as guy who knows what he does:

ANI_AR_AK103_SH.LTB = CHildmodel hold up all animations, needs to have the same hierarchy else it won't work. ANI= Animationsm; AR= Assault Rifle; AK103= Weaponname; SH= SpecialHands

PV_AR_AK103_SH= PV= Playerview, the weapon you see when you shoot.

Doobic or Nexon whatever, no idea who worked on the models, did shit because they didnt remove the geometry in the childmodel, you need alot more memory when you must load for every model in the whole game the childmodel animations .... if you want you can remove it by the compressoption from .lta to .ltb.
    At the time of this post, i didn't yet know the terminology associated with the engine.

Thanks
    At the time of this post, i didn't yet know the terminology associated with the engine.
    well sry, was a bit angry. But there are still alot other ways to improve the gameplay of all lithtech games and make it use less memory